St Mirren V Ross County 27/2/2021

faraway saint

Well, with every game, and the top 6 still beckoning, the excitement is building.

Yip, we've certainly dropped off on form, can't be bothered listing all the excuses, that's down to others, but things are still in our hands, another thing we've hardly experienced over the the last umpteen seasons.

County are certainly fighting for survival so not going to be easy.

ANOTHER draw? :lol:

The midfield was anonymous last night. Balls lofted over it in both directions.

Doyle Hayes and McGrath were shadows of themselves.
With Murrawell simply streaming forward, at will.

Luckily that was the limit of their achievement.

Durmus dropped back a lot, then forged forward but his final ball quality was way below his usual.

I like Obika, but one good shot is insufficient return.

All in all, a sickly, wasted Wednesday.  :(

But... another point. Not to be sniffed at, especially on such an off day.

Edited by antrin

Will be a tough game on Saturday. We've played midweek/Saturday for the last five weeks with a small squad due to injuries. JG has struggled to rotate the squad and with Brophy, Dennis and Quaner all out, he's had to make do with the same strikers we had before Christmas. So most of our lads have played all the games and are knackered. 

Meanwhile, Ross County will benefit from having Big Yogi now up to speed, a great result against Celtic and a full week's rest before the game.

Can only see a very difficult game. A draw would not be what we're looking for but it might turn out that way.

I reckon dead balls are their best chance of goals so just don't give away daft free kicks and corners.

They have lost 2 full back for the season, so maybe a weakness there for us to explore. 

Flynn will likely be back and i feel we are a better team with him playing. 

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

County are capable of getting results as we have seen (beating Celtic twice this season).

We definitely have what it takes to beat anyone in the league depending on formation as much as anything.

3-5-2 this weekend, play to win

Saints 2-0 Ross County

Yeah, really need to get the win in this one. 

The 4 draws have been damaging but not disastrous. 

Saints 2 ( Quaner double) County 0.

3 hours ago, pondsman said:

Will be a tough game on Saturday. We've played midweek/Saturday for the last five weeks with a small squad due to injuries. JG has struggled to rotate the squad and with Brophy, Dennis and Quaner all out, he's had to make do with the same strikers we had before Christmas. So most of our lads have played all the games and are knackered. 

Meanwhile, Ross County will benefit from having Big Yogi now up to speed, a great result against Celtic and a full week's rest before the game.

Can only see a very difficult game. A draw would not be what we're looking for but it might turn out that way.

We had a small squad even before the injuries. That was JGs choice.  It's coming back to bite us in the arse.  I reckon he made a mistake in letting Foley go (even if he wasn't at his best, he would be decent as cover).  And we need to utilise the younger guys.  Jamieson, for example. Get him on and let him prove himself.

3 hours ago, saint in exile said:

We had a small squad even before the injuries. That was JGs choice.  It's coming back to bite us in the arse.  I reckon he made a mistake in letting Foley go (even if he wasn't at his best, he would be decent as cover).  And we need to utilise the younger guys.  Jamieson, for example. Get him on and let him prove himself.

Has Foley kicked a ball for Well yet

What has happened to Mason?

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We're already in the top 6.

It's way too early to be chucking in the towel.

Are folk really chucking in the towel or simply forecasting what they think might happen.

Personally, I’m far from throwing in the towel, but it’s fair to say the last few games have seriously depleted my confidence that we will retain our top 6 slot.

I’m certainly of the opinion that if we do, it’ll be through St. Johnstone failing to do what they need to do, rather than us doing it for ourselves. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

I would love to see big Quamer, the team looks tired, the injuries and frequency of the games clearly taking its toll. County will be fresh and hungry, really believe we’ve got a far better team though, draw or narrow win for saints!!

County may be fresh and confident after beating Celtic, but we should have enough left in the tank to beat them.

McGrath and JDH will both be much better after their midweek comeback and I think Durmus and Connolly will cause their defence all sorts of problems.
Quaner to come off the bench and score.

2-0 home win (Durmus and Quaner)

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Are folk really chucking in the towel or simply forecasting what they think might happen.

Personally, I’m far from throwing in the towel, but it’s fair to say the last few games have seriously depleted my confidence that we will retain our top 6 slot.

I’m certainly of the opinion that if we do, it’ll be through St. Johnstone failing to do what they need to do, rather than us doing it for ourselves. 

Hey Mate hope all well there

Honestly this forum attracts the most negative twats that ever "supported Saints"

Who is throwing in the towel ?? Maybe some idiots on here, who haven't the first clue about football, or in some cases where Paisley is, but who cares

I know its all about opinions, but after 4 draws we are hardly on the big slide....

Make no mistake, we make Top 6, considering where we were 4 and half months ago, would be a totally superb season …..

If I put every neg troll on here on mute, it would only be you, FAS and about another 4 that you could have a chat with....

The team is focussed, the manager is focussed and the board is focussed on top 6 , which has only become reality since our form totally turned into eh Top 6 material