St Mirren V Ross County 27/2/2021

faraway saint

First of all a great three points to conclude a trying schedule...:happyclapper:notworthy

Bigger picture a free hit against Rangers next week followed by Accies a fortnight later...

A win against Accies would take us to 42 points, more than Utd. can now get before the split and leaving the Fakes needing to win all 3 of their games.

It's not quite in our own hands, but it really is....🤲

Cannot wait to get back to the stadium, not to watch the football so much, but to get away from that commentator. If you had a season ticket next to him gibbering pish you would move seats for sure.
Bla Bla Bla about heart disease, when the ball is ricocheting around our box while 2 of our players are lying flat on the ground.
Do your sponsorship stuff at the right time ya fud!!
Rant over.. credit as usual to the defence and goalie, thought McCarthy was a stick out. Midfield to front was pretty hit or miss as it has been for the bulk of the season.
You certainly could not argue with the work rate today though, a very valuable 3 points!

Poor 2nd half performance. Soft pen. But do I care? Not a jot. Got the 3 points and thats more important. Pitch looks to me the worse I've seen it since the stadium opened. But understandable with the amount of games played on it in February. Thought Erwin played some good stuff. But MOM was Marcus Fraser. We worked hard. But in forward areas we were poor again. For goal difference could be important. we can't afford to lose a lot of goals at Ibrox Coys.

We definitely rode our luck today, second half. Never a penalty but we could have had two others, SHOULD have had at least one so probably deserved the slice of good fortune/bad refereeing. I think Yogi will be rightly disappointed not to get a point. Great win and we're now in the driving seat. Don't lose/lose badly next game, assuming the fakes get the wins I expect them to get before round 33, and it's a one game shoot out with Saintees for the coveted 6th spot.

21 minutes ago, delpierro said:

A wins a win, but performances are dire, which kinda worries me.
But, hey ho.

I agree mate that performances have been dire. But, realistically, I can’t think of any of the teams we have played recently have been any less dire and I would imagine there have been a lot of games that have been similar in standard to ours. 

Great result from what was always going to be a tough game, given our injury problems and the games we've had to play in February. Soft penalty, but them's  the breaks and we've been on the wrong end of similar awards in our time. 

Main competitor now for top 6 is St. Johnstone. They have an easier run to 33 games than Dundee United. Need a win v Accies, I think, to be sure of getting there.

Another great performance from McGrath. He's become really important for us. Also, Alnwick, Fraser and Doyle-Hayes were good today. Credit to the others for sticking to the task when they must have been really tired.

On a slightly different note, I am very disappointed with the manager’s comments in relation to the penalty and about Quaner. He has called his own player a possible cheat and, whether he thinks it or not, should not berate his own player in public. 
this is more about his own previous comments about other teams and to save his own face he calls out his own player!! The lad didn’t dive as there was, in my view, clumsy contact. 

If you can't be good be lucky. Perfect analogy today. Guts got us through as we are running on vapours imo. Huge result in the circumstances and given us a huge chance of at least top 6. Superb defensively again despite having about 3 in game reshuffles. Alnwick also excellent. A massive improvement all round this season and long may it continue.

One point behind livi, 9 behind Aberdeen? 
Going to be Difficult Partick Thistle weren't the first to lose all 5 post-split games and our only chance of points is Livingston and Aberdeen.
That takes Motherwell out the equation 
Think Motherwell are safe from the drop now too.
On a slightly different note, I am very disappointed with the manager’s comments in relation to the penalty and about Quaner. He has called his own player a possible cheat and, whether he thinks it or not, should not berate his own player in public. 
this is more about his own previous comments about other teams and to save his own face he calls out his own player!! The lad didn’t dive as there was, in my view, clumsy contact. 

Yeah think he thought he might get slaughtered after what he said (or didn't say about Taylor and Murphy) so got in first to cover his as*.

IMO anywhere else on the pitch that is a free kick he clips his ankle.

I reserve the right to change my mind after BBC Alba and trial by Sportscene.