St Mirren V Ross County 27/2/2021

faraway saint

I can’t believe some of the comments on here. I mean folk saying they’d take county’s right back over ours and we’re not sixth on merit. Look we were not great and haven’t been for past three weeks but we’d have lost these games in the last. The mentality is changing and the back line are driving it - well done to them and Marcus Fraser should be offered a new improved deal ASAP. Outstanding of late particularly at Aberdeen . I wouldn’t want Watson, Naismith or Andreu back - we’ve got better and we are A better Team than them . Well done saints today a close nervy game but you dug in there and got a vital win . COYS 

Fraser, is out of contract end season, Naismith far better player as well going forward...
Your a grade 1 cock so anything you say is ignored. Naismith is nowhere near the level of Fraser.

There appears to be not a single player in Goodwins squad you rate and every team worse than us is full of players better than ours. How can we be where we are in this scenario ?

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

I wonder if Hughes will be pulled up.for saying Quaner "dived"?

I can understand him being miffed.

County put so much into that second half and could have taken a point on.another day, which would not have been undeserved.

BUT... we fought all the way and ground out the win. Players were out on their feet but still throwing their bodies in front of the ball.

Penalty? Not sure.

Dive? Absolutely not.
Out of order John.

Having looked at it, I'm not sure whether it was a penalty either.

There's definitely contact and if running at speed any sort of clip will send you down.

Mind you I also thought Obika's penalty claim in the semi final was solid and Jim said it wasn't so what do I know.

It certainly isn't a dive and Hughes needs pulled up on that.

Edited by oaksoft

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Your a grade 1 cock so anything you say is ignored. Naismith is nowhere near the level of Fraser.

There appears to be not a single player in Goodwins squad you rate and every team worse than us is full of players better than ours. How can we be where we are in this scenario ?

Nothing more than just luck apparently.  :lol:

27 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

I can’t believe some of the comments on here. I mean folk saying they’d take county’s right back over ours and we’re not sixth on merit. Look we were not great and haven’t been for past three weeks but we’d have lost these games in the last. The mentality is changing and the back line are driving it - well done to them and Marcus Fraser should be offered a new improved deal ASAP. Outstanding of late particularly at Aberdeen . I wouldn’t want Watson, Naismith or Andreu back - we’ve got better and we are A better Team than them . Well done saints today a close nervy game but you dug in there and got a vital win . COYS 

Strangely I actually think that some prefer 'the great escapes' or play off final penalty shootouts opposed to where we are now🙄

2, points, Richie Brittain's goal and Thommo's.
2 is also the number of points we'd taken at Celtic Park over the same time period yet look what happened there 4 weeks ago.
That was against the worst Celtic team in years who then scored 4 against us less than 2 weeks later.

Your post and Oakshit post backs up what i am saying we have had our 1 in 10 years draw/victory against the old firm so to do it again in same season is unlikely to happen & for some reason despite some very decent performances against Hibs we just cannot seem to beat them.

If we take any positive result agains these 3 i will be surprised but will enjoy it alot especially with my old firm and Hibs supporting mates.

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Having looked at it, I'm not sure whether it was a penalty either.

There's definitely contact and if running at speed any sort of clip will send you down.

Mind you I also thought Obika's penalty claim in the semi final was solid and Jim said it wasn't so what do I know.

It certainly isn't a dive and Hughes needs pulled up on that.

He also said the penalty cost them the three points how the f**k he worked that out baffled me. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Your ignoring me but asking questions about what i said 🤣🤣🤣freak show!

2 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Strangely I actually think that some prefer 'the great escapes' or play off final penalty shootouts opposed to where we are now🙄

Yes defo, me for one. Cannot ever win league so great escapes and shootouts far more exciting.

I despair at some folk . Honestly people wanting our right back replaced . Unbelievable 
Maybe I wasn't clear, I never at any point suggested we replace Fraser, but Naismith would be good cover, Tait has been used mainly on the left or further forward on the right, what we desperately need though is proper left back cover.

10 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I despair at some folk . Honestly people wanting our right back replaced . Unbelievable 

Why?

There isn't one player that we have currently in the squad, that we couldn't replace with a better player.

I like Fraser as a player and he has had a very good season for us. However, there are better RB's out there. If one of those better RB's comes along, and is willing to sign for us, for the right money, then we would be daft to pass up the opportunity. However, it's probably a moot point as I'm sure JG will be keen to keep him and if the offer is right, Fraser is more likely to re-sign for us than not. Although, given Fraser only signed a one year deal, I'm sure JG has contingency plans in place if he looks elsewhere.

I don't think it's worth replacing him with Naismith though, as I think that they're of a similar standard, albeit they have different attributes. Both have faults.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I think he has a leg to stand on!

I still don't think it was a dive. How can anyone prove that beyond doubt when even the pundits admitted there was contact?

I haven't seen a camera angle yet than can prove without doubt if contact was made or not. For that reason alone there shouldn't be any further action.

15 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Going to be Difficult Partick Thistle weren't the first to lose all 5 post-split games and our only chance of points is Livingston and Aberdeen. 

That's a bit of a bizarre comment given we've already beaten Celtic and Rangers this season and there's been very little between us and Hibs the last two games.

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's a bit of a bizarre comment given we've already beaten Celtic and Rangers this season and there's been very little between us and Hibs the last two games.

It's one of these statements that always leave it open to debate.

IMO the CHANCES are we won't take anything off Rangers, we were on good form at that time and possibly had our strongest squad, that ISN'T the case now.

As for Celtic and Hibs, I still see nothing from the former, possibly a point against the latter.

Aberdeen and Livingston, they are both heads or tails for me, and we would HAVE to improve our current form which, TBH, has been poor.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

It's one of these statements that always leave it open to debate.

IMO the CHANCES are we won't take anything off Rangers, we were on good form at that time and possibly had our strongest squad, that ISN'T the case now.

As for Celtic and Hibs, I still see nothing from the former, possibly a point against the latter.

Aberdeen and Livingston, they are both heads or tails for me, and we would HAVE to improve our current form which, TBH, has been poor.

Depending on where we meet Rangers in the split, there is a very, very good chance that the league will be wrapped up and they'll still be in Europe. So so might well be coming up a heavily rotated Rangers side. I agree that it's unlikely to take anything but there's no point in writing it off. 

We've also had many a decent trip to Easter Road in the past against Hibs teams in better form than this one currently is.

As for Celtic, yup, again very unlikely but they have completely chucked it this season. 

But I wouldn't say there's no possibility of taking anything from those games. On the contrary, I say we'd have a pretty fair shout at anything between 1-4 points from those three games.