Rangers v St Mirren 6/3/21

faraway saint

Somebody having a meltdown today. :rolleyes:

Rangers have a midweek game, Wednesday against Livingston, but with a big squad and being well used to playing midweek I wouldn't see that as any sort of advantage.

As usual, if we get at them early on we have a slight chance.

If they score first, and early, we'll lose. 

That, gentlemen, is my expert opinion.  :lol:

I'll let you know what the bookies say later. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Somebody having a meltdown today. :rolleyes:

Rangers have a midweek game, Wednesday against Livingston, but with a big squad and being well used to playing midweek I wouldn't see that as any sort of advantage.

As usual, if we get at them early on we have a slight chance.

If they score first, and early, we'll lose. 

That, gentlemen, is my expert opinion.  :lol:

I'll let you know what the bookies say later. 

Whilst your scenario would probably play out 9/10 times, I would remind you that they scored first and early in the cup game. 👍

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Whilst your scenario would probably play out 9/10 times, I would remind you that they scored first and early in the cup game. 👍

Indeed, but, as you know, I play the odds.

9/10 is good enough for me to see that as a decent strategy. :P

PS I should add that, for me, was our best performance for many a year.

I said at the time, not a smash and grab, a game we went toe to toe with a team on form and came out on top.

A night to remember. 

Edited by faraway saint

Historically there have been a lot of complaints on here about JG and previous managers allegedly sending teams out at Ibrox with a view to simply not getting pumped ie. showing little change in ambition even after going a goal down. 
I’d almost always be in the category of I’d rather we got pumped having a go, than lose 1-0 sitting back. 
However, given how the land lies at the moment and the very real prospect of GD potentially deciding our top 6 status, is this one occasion where this approach would by acceptable? 

To be clear, I’m not promoting it, just putting the question out there. 

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Historically there have been a lot of complaints on here about JG and previous managers allegedly sending teams out at Ibrox with a view to simply not getting pumped ie. showing little change in ambition even after going a goal down. 
I’d almost always be in the category of I’d rather we got pumped having a go, than lose 1-0 sitting back. 
However, given how the land lies at the moment and the very real prospect of GD potentially deciding our top 6 status, is this one occasion where this approach would by acceptable? 

Was thinking the same.

Not much different between the goal diff between us and Fakes.

Can also see them winning 2 of their last 3 games so it will be tight. 

Edited by Tommy

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think Livi proved yesterday that when you try to avoid losing you end up with the exact result you are trying to avoid.

There's no reason for our team to go into this match believing we could get smoked.

We should approach it as we would an early season game and try to win it IMO.

If we DO get smoked, then we get smoked and next season we make sure we win those games against bottom half teams which left our 6th place in peril.

For me the whole point of competitive sport is to have a mindset of trying to win matches. Trying to avoid defeat kills the entire purpose.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Think a  Sevco troll on a Saints forum is the stalker …… You might even get an orange walk in this year ……  

U follow me about wee man, getting quite obsessed by me....u ran out of lego today? Away and think up ur next comeback, u cant help yourself!

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Was thinking the same.

Not much different between the goal diff between us and Fakes.

Can also see them winning 2 of their last 3 games so it will be tight. 

I can see them winning all 3 to be honest. In which case we’ll need to beat Accies and hope our GD is better...............unless we can get something at Ibrox.