Rangers v St Mirren 6/3/21

faraway saint

The title could never be won against us,one of our more knowledgeable posters got it wrong again.
Could it not have been won v us if Celtic lost to Aberdeen???

Edited to add - Just checked Rangers would have been 21 points clear if they won v Liv & St Mirren with a +24 minimum goal difference

Celtic would have had 21 points to play for & obviously they also would have had to score at least 24 goals in those matches.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Could it not have been won v us if Celtic lost to Aberdeen???

Edited to add - Just checked Rangers would have been 21 points clear if they won v Liv & St Mirren with a +24 minimum goal difference

Celtic would have had 21 points to play for & obviously they also would have had to score at least 24 goals in those matches.

Yes but in the event that Celtic won their last 7 matches and Rangers lost their last 7 matches then there’s a fair chance that a 22 goal difference would be turned around anyway.

The bottom line is, no matter how unlikely a Celtic comeback might be, until it’s mathematically impossible, then Rangers can’t be crowned champions. 
Anyway, I’m sure they’d much rather win it in their following match. 

Yes but in the event that Celtic won their last 7 matches and Rangers lost their last 7 matches then there’s a fair chance that a 22 goal difference would be turned around anyway.
The bottom line is, no matter how unlikely a Celtic comeback might be, until it’s mathematically impossible, then Rangers can’t be crowned champions. 
Anyway, I’m sure they’d much rather win it in their following match. 
I had forgot to add the numerous Rangers fans in my work had taken the info that the St Mirren match would be first opportunity to win the league from various posts on Social media weeks ago i think possibly this info was correct until Celtic's match v Dundee United was then moved to the sunday.

Surprisingly or not depend how you look at it quite a few of my Rangers supporting friends/workmates etc don't really care about winning it the following week as no fans allowed in so apparently not as much fun.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I had forgot to add the numerous Rangers fans in my work had taken the info that the St Mirren match would be first opportunity to win the league from various posts on Social media weeks ago i think possibly this info was correct until Celtic's match v Dundee United was then moved to the sunday.

Surprisingly or not depend how you look at it quite a few of my Rangers supporting friends/workmates etc don't really care about winning it the following week as no fans allowed in so apparently not as much fun.

To be honest I was thinking more about the players than the fans 

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Strong team Rangers have out tonight, Gerrard showing no sign of taking things easy. 

Red carded at HT.:lol:

I presume he was having a rant at the ref for booking "El Buffatlo" for diving.:lol:

Could we pull off another miracle result? :rolleyes:

If Ranger play as poorly as they did tonight then perhaps.
However, given the Fakes late equaliser against Accies I suspect JG will set us up to defend in the hope we can snatch a goalless draw or low scoring defeat in order to preserve the slim GD advantage we have over them.

I can understand the reasoning but personally I’d rather we set up to have a go and try to win.
I’ll trust JG to get it right, again, but won’t be watching.

3-0 to Rangers with us having only a couple of attempts and nothing on target.

5 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

However, given the Fakes late equaliser against Accies I suspect JG will set us up to defend in the hope we can snatch a goalless draw or low scoring defeat in order to preserve the slim GD advantage we have over them.

I can understand the reasoning but personally I’d rather we set up to have a go and try to win.

You watched Rangers last night but won't watch them play us on Saturday? :blink:

10 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Have you got a crystal ball.