Jump to content

Rangers v St Mirren 6/3/21


faraway saint
 Share

Recommended Posts


19 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:
35 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
Yes it was, before today the relative GD was +3 for us but two wins for the Fakes and one draw and one defeat for us was always gonna wipe that out - the Fakes have scored more overall than us so it is as I predicted on Wednesday the case that we will have to match whatever the Fakes do in Game 33 unless Hibs equalize.
A humping today doesn't not change the situation - Mon the Hibzzzz!
 

That was only true before today if you had already written us off for the match today. I wouldn't do that personally, but each to their own!

No, the situation at the start of play was that if the Fakes finished level on points with us which could only happen by them winning their last 2 games and us finishing with a defeat and a draw (in either order) our advantage in GD would be wiped out and they'd be guaranteed to finish above us either on GD or goals scored - I assumed nothing, the size of today's defeat doesn't materially change anything.

We need to match whatever the Fakes manage against County.

Edited by Bud the Baker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No less than expected today. Doesn’t make it any easier to take! Probably the worst day of results for us today and part of me thinks tomorrow will be similar. For the simple fact that smellick won’t want to surrender title at home to sevco. 
I have to admit that st Johnstone are in great form, although after cup win I thought they’d take their eye off the ball. Accies, in all fairness, have had a steady run of results. So at this moment in time I’m glass half empty.......

oh and our nemesis team this season St Hibs did nothing to help!!! Typical 😫😤

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BanburyBud said:

No less than expected today. Doesn’t make it any easier to take! Probably the worst day of results for us today and part of me thinks tomorrow will be similar. For the simple fact that smellick won’t want to surrender title at home to sevco. 
I have to admit that st Johnstone are in great form, although after cup win I thought they’d take their eye off the ball. Accies, in all fairness, have had a steady run of results. So at this moment in time I’m glass half empty.......

oh and our nemesis team this season St Hibs did nothing to help!!! Typical 😫😤

Jack hasn't helped us much since he left to be fair so today isn't a big surprise. We will do it with no favours from anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

No less than expected today. Doesn’t make it any easier to take! Probably the worst day of results for us today and part of me thinks tomorrow will be similar. For the simple fact that smellick won’t want to surrender title at home to sevco. 
I have to admit that st Johnstone are in great form, although after cup win I thought they’d take their eye off the ball. Accies, in all fairness, have had a steady run of results. So at this moment in time I’m glass half empty.......

oh and our nemesis team this season St Hibs did nothing to help!!! Typical 😫😤

Like @lenziebud said above the Fakes game against Ross County will be a similar scenario to ours against Accies - at least it's in our hands.

FFS - How many spelling mistakes can you make in a one line post? :1eye

Edited by Bud the Baker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played a low press with an attacking midfield

No wonder it went badly wrong

Our tempo at training must be poor

Nowhere near them and can't keep the ball for any length of time

Yet another nil against our name

They have 2 weeks to get the basics right

We have performed poorly for weeks and it was put down to tireness

No excuses on that front

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve no idea why because we’ve been pretty dodgy recently, but for some reason I genuinely expected much much better than that today.

Im not saying I expected us to win (or necessarily even draw for that matter), but I just thought we’d gotten those types of performances against the OF out of our system. In our last 4 games against them (2 wins and 2 defeats) we’ve been happy to try to take the game to them in a measured way.  Today we regressed back to the performances of old. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Played a low press with an attacking midfield

No wonder it went badly wrong

Our tempo at training must be poor

Nowhere near them and can't keep the ball for any length of time

Yet another nil against our name

They have 2 weeks to get the basics right

We have performed poorly for weeks and it was put down to tireness

No excuses on that front

In that case, we're fecked.

As soon as any pressure / closing down by the opposition is applied we go to pieces at passing or control, there is absolutely no composure.

Someone in midfield has to take some kind of responsibility, JDH simply didn't want the ball today. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

In that case, we're fecked.

As soon as any pressure / closing down by the opposition is applied we go to pieces at passing or control, there is absolutely no composure.

Someone in midfield has to take some kind of responsibility, JDH simply didn't want the ball today. 

 

Ryan Flynn must start against Hamilton. Our midfield has not been at the race's for weeks they are not protecting the back 3 or 4 and they are creating very little for the strikers I know our strikers aren't world beaters but they don't get that much service

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

In that case, we're fecked.

As soon as any pressure / closing down by the opposition is applied we go to pieces at passing or control, there is absolutely no composure.

Someone in midfield has to take some kind of responsibility, JDH simply didn't want the ball today. 

 

JDH not the player i thought he was going be. Not signed a contract so get Flynn in there and drop him till hes free to go...not to bothered if he leaves tbh...give me Flynn over him anyday...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, God of war said:

JDH not the player i thought he was going be. Not signed a contract so get Flynn in there and drop him till hes free to go...not to bothered if he leaves tbh...give me Flynn over him anyday...

First few games he was playing much further forward and was picking out some nice through balls.  He has gradually played deeper and deeper and is really not what I hoped he would be. There is no drive in the middle of the park at all and we need someone to take control and get us up the pitch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...