Rangers v St Mirren 6/3/21

faraway saint

Well I am not saying we are def top 6 however, Fakes need 2 wins as do Utd with a inferior GD. Hibs travel well and Tic surely cant be as bad as their were against County..... regardless I really hope we turn over Accies and GTTF

Looking good, so lets win this over take Livi and chase some sheep

Sevco 1 Super Saints 2 

2 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

We looked far better with JDH & McGrath back in last weekend, with them both having minutes, training and more time to heal coupled with Quaner maybe being sharper we hopefully won’t be pushovers.

Did we really? I thought they both had very quiet games to say the least.

Not saying that like it’s a criticism as they were only just back from injury, but I definitely don’t think they were particularly good.

That said, I hope they are both playing on Saturday. 

Did we really? I thought they both had very quiet games to say the least.
Not saying that like it’s a criticism as they were only just back from injury, but I definitely don’t think they were particularly good.
That said, I hope they are both playing on Saturday. 

Thought JDH was his tidy self, McGrath arguably and understandably a bid jaded on reflection, however with another week under their belts this should make us stronger.

Quaner hopefully the secret weapon!!

Thought JDH was his tidy self, McGrath arguably and understandably a bid jaded on reflection, however with another week under their belts this should make us stronger.

Quaner hopefully the secret weapon!!

No doubt that JDH and McGrath were not up to speed last week, but they’ll be fine for Saturday.

If JDH is playing for a move, or improved contract, I’d expect him to be showing his full skill set this weekend.
Same for McGrath - Ibrox is a great opportunity to put your tin the window.
Love to see them both with us for another couple of season, but ....

Still going for 3-0 home win, but you never know. Never ....

A goal at Ibrox is rarer than Hen's teeth

I can't remember the last league goal we have scored against this lot

The cup game we played well but we were helped by their arrogance

They will be all steam ahead and their arrogant manager has already dismissed us

In the words of the flare wearing bad perms medallion wearing

I would luv it

Edited by windae cleaner

Lets be honest here, we have no right to even be close here, the main difference between the uglies this season, is that Sevco have IMHO one of the best young managers in the world, who will be at Liverpool in the next few years....

We were superb in the cup game , and that's the level we have to maintain..... the players have been truly focussed on top 6, and even the 4-0 v Tic wasnt a fair reflection on the game....

Usual story at Ipox- don't lose any early goal and grow into game , then do a McDowell and dislocate the goalies shoulder in the 90th minute , tap in …. Result !!!!  :clapping

18 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Lets be honest here, we have no right to even be close here, the main difference between the uglies this season, is that Sevco have IMHO one of the best young managers in the world, who will be at Liverpool in the next few years....

Honest?

Let’s be.  
He’s done an ok job as he was around when the other cheek got little money to refresh its team when it imploded under a manager who had run out of steam.

He’s done as ok a job as McCoist did when he also exploited the lack of any Financial Fair Play and bought his stolid way through the lower leagues, triumphing with the proud raising of the Petrofac Cup.

Gerrard has been a young guy learning on a job, comfortably cushioned with much more dodgy funding than any other club.

His best attributes have been his charm and humility.

Edited by antrin

Reckon we can get (at least) a draw here. I watched the Livi game the other night and Livi were so close to getting a point. Reckon our defence and midfield is better than Livi's and with Connolly and Durmus we have players that have proven to be able to stretch and keep back the Rangers full/wing backs. And we play better in red and black than white and black this season. :)

A goal at Ibrox is rarer than Hen's teeth
I can't remember the last league goal we have scored against this lot
The cup game we played well but we were helped by their arrogance
They will be all steam ahead and their arrogant manager has already dismissed us
In the words of the flare wearing bad perms medallion wearing
I would luv it
Cameron Howieson in the "Thommo penalty" game.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

Honest?

Let’s be.  
He’s done an ok job as he was around when the other cheek got little money to refresh its team when it imploded under a manager who had run out of steam.

He’s done as ok a job as McCoist did when he also exploited the lack of any Financial Fair Play and bought his stolid way through the lower leagues, triumphing with the proud raising of the Petrofac Cup.

Gerrard has been a young guy learning on a job, comfortably cushioned with much more dodgy funding than any other club.

His best attributes have been his charm and humility.

Honest ?

Well his record in Europe is superb, take your anti Sevco glasses off, credit where credit is due.....

Helped us gain a CL spot next season:wink:  

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Honest ?

Well his record in Europe is superb, take your anti Sevco glasses off, credit where credit is due.....

Helped us gain a CL spot next season:wink:  

Very true.

I believe he dropped all his highly waged players for each game where he might have had an unfair advantage over foreign clubs.

With his amazing management skills, he has scaled mighty heights, such that lesser mortals like Goodwin, Martindale and Davidson could only dream of doing.

He has made a Royal Blue silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Follow, follow The Money, FFS!

While I think it unlikely, given the rangers recent results,  at home v Hibs: 1-0, Saintees: 1-0, Killie: 1-0, Dundee U: 1-0, Livi: 1-0 and drawing  with Accies 1-1 away, they're not exactly setting the heather on fire. If we go there with the right attitude and play to the top of our game we could get the result we need to achieve our top six aspirations.

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

While I think it unlikely, given the rangers recent results,  at home v Hibs: 1-0, Saintees: 1-0, Killie: 1-0, Dundee U: 1-0, Livi: 1-0 and drawing  with Accies 1-1 away, they're not exactly setting the heather on fire. If we go there with the right attitude and play to the top of our game we could get the result we need to achieve our top six aspirations.

They pumped united 4-1.

Albeit, United started really well and McGregor kept the score at 0 - 0. They were then dismantled and were four goals down in the space of 30 minutes.

If United had scored and got a couple of goals in front, when they were on top, then it might have been a different story.

Unlikely as it is, if we were to take any chances we create early doors, and keep it tight at the back, then we have a chance.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

They pumped united 4-1.

Albeit, United started really well and McGregor kept the score at 0 - 0. They were then dismantled and were four goals down in the space of 30 minutes.

My mistake. I was working from memory and I had it in my head they struggled when I saw Sportscene. Still. Doesn't detract from my thoughts on how well they've played, longer term.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

My mistake. I was working from memory and I had it in my head they struggled when I saw Sportscene. Still. Doesn't detract from my thoughts on how well they've played, longer term.

Indeed.

If they put in a mediocre performance, and we're on our game, then there's a chance.