The Next Level???

Ronnie

It would also appear that the league position is sending some mad, not so long ago it COULD have went other way and ended up in lg1 and that should be a sobering thought really.
SPL mediocrity I will take any day[emoji6]
Yes top league 5th -10th finishes i don't really care what one but with more regular finals trophies.

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
3 hours ago, DougJamie said:
Agree, added to fact they  had one manager for 7 years , not 7 managers in 2 years

Consistency at top = progress

Before Tommy Craig we had 2 managers in around 12-14 years.

During which time we went from Div 1 (as it was) mediocrity to a League & CC double, 8 seasons in the top flight and the LC win - it shows how thin the line is for a diddy club like ourselves,

This is a fairly easy question to answer.

Keep doing what we have been doing (recently), that's it!

This has been a great season thus far.  It started badly and picked up fantastically.

Some important indicators have been

Good recruitment, Jim's signing have been really good.  

Statement of intent.  Eamon Brophy was just that.  You know it seems like yesterday we were losing out on players to the likes of Ayr Utd (Martin Cameron, mind him?) but here we are signing a player who other clubs were interested in and he chose us! Something has changed at the club and it is extremely positive.

Manager retention/recruitment.  This has been the back bone of the fake Saints success.  From Owen Coyle to Derek McInnes to the new fellah with the odd coupon, they have, for the most part recruited and retained good managers.  All the while we flopped about with failures such as Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Alan Stubbs and Tommy Craig or shysters who betrayed us as soon as they could like Jack Ross and Owen thingmie.  This has been a big part of the fake Saints success and a big part of our failures.

Lets hope we are finally on the path to righteousness!

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:
6 hours ago, DougJamie said:
Agree, added to fact they  had one manager for 7 years , not 7 managers in 2 years

Consistency at top = progress

Before Tommy Craig we had 2 managers in around 12-14 years.

Indeed...and we were in SPFL 2006 to 2015 and won a cup... 

Congrats on St Johnstone - I'm glad they won the cup rather than Livingston - a great season for them. We did, of course, outplay and defeat the runaway favourites for the cup as well as another top 4 team and were one unlucky game from facing the fakes in the final ourselves. So we kind of cleared a lot of the way for them.

If we can hold onto top 6 till the split and then catch Livingston for 5th and Europe it will also be a great season for us.

It's maybe just me but I'm getting a bit tired of reading how well st johnstone/livington are run................🙄

For the first time in years we have strengthened the team where necessary this season, last season some players were brought in to steady the club and provide a basis for where the club is now.

Not forgetting we actually extended the manager's contract instead of changing manager.

COYS