Sledgehammer to Nuts!

If a wasp settled on your lap, would you try to remove the wasp or take a sledgehammer to your nuts?

A poster went into meltdown last night.

His posts were highly inappropriate!

They were removed.

Thing is... The whole thread was removed including un-inappropriate and actually very relevant posts!

Sledgehammer to the nuts.

I asked moderators to take action... but a bit of common sense and courtesy wouldn't have gone amiss!

Moderating is not easy. I have sympathies. But some issues are too important and relevant to simply disappear with a delete all button!

Easy option!

Basically condoned the original issue by trying to hide it! Shame.

30 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

If a wasp settled on your lap, would you try to remove the wasp or take a sledgehammer to your nuts?

They were removed.

Thing is... The whole thread was removed including un-inappropriate and actually very relevant posts!

I asked moderators to take action... but a bit of common sense and courtesy wouldn't have gone amiss!

Moderating is not easy. I have sympathies. But some issues are too important and relevant to simply disappear with a delete all button!

Easy option!

Herman strikes again. Ironic that the thread started about his inappropriate comments and ended about his inappropriate comments.

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

32 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

They were removed.

Easy option!

Who are these moderators that you talk about? 🤔

1 hour ago, Buddiememories said:

There is an Unofficial Moderator.

The Crybaby has a hotline to the Forum owner  .

He is a hypocrite and a liar.

No it was me - I PMd div and suggested he either got rid of Joe/Herman or the whole site.

There is a line and I'm sure I've gone over it on a few occasions but last night was the second successive Saturday night that Joe/Herman just went the full Tonto.

The site needs a coupla moderators and altho I have no real desire to be one I am willing to take a step back from posting if it avoids scenes like last night.

Yeah that stuff last night (and the other night too) was way off the scale for me, I like a good laugh, don’t mind disagreements and debate but self control should be utilised when posting.

Oh and before Oaky calls me a hypocrite for mentioning debate I will be moving him off ignore tomorrow when I get on my work computer!! We can then debate.

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

You do know this is just a wee fitba fans forum?

However deep and important you feel your views are, expressing them on here is not going to bring you world wide exposure.  So, the fact that a thread was deleted on this little forum of ours is anything but important.

Some people don't know where their next meal is coming from, others struggle to pay bills for heating, many a pensioner is living on the pittance that is the state pension, Scotland is being held in an oppressive union against the will of its (clever) people, people are dying and they cannot even get a proper funeral during this bastarding lockdown, kids are missing their friends and so on.  The world is full of real problems, your thread being deleted is NOT one of them!

You do know this is just a wee fitba fans forum?

However deep and important you feel your views are, expressing them on here is not going to bring you world wide exposure.  So, the fact that a thread was deleted on this little forum of ours is anything but important.

Some people don't know where their next meal is coming from, others struggle to pay bills for heating, many a pensioner is living on the pittance that is the state pension, Scotland is being held in an oppressive union against the will of its (clever) people, people are dying and they cannot even get a proper funeral during this bastarding lockdown, kids are missing their friends and so on.  The world is full of real problems, your thread being deleted is NOT one of them!

I totally agree.

The issue the thread was about however, is.

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I totally agree.

The issue the thread was about however, is.

And it was done to death. As Tom tediously pointed out, it didn't need to be kept permanently so that it could be resurrected  in the future. There are many far better platforms where the topic is/will be discussed and it making a difference. A wee fans forum doesn't come close to being one of them.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And it was done to death. As Tom tediously pointed out, it didn't need to be kept permanently so that it could be resurrected  in the future. There are many far better platforms where the topic is/will be discussed and it making a difference. A wee fans forum doesn't come close to being one of them.

The OP was about a presenter on SMTV, where else should that be discussed? :lol:

Just now, stlucifer said:

Discussing it wasn't the issue. It was deleting the discussion. Not surprised you didn't recognise that though. You have previous.

As usual you slither around yet another feck up, you have previous in being unable to admit it. 

It's there for all to see. 🤡

No balls, about sums you up. :byebye

Just now, faraway saint said:

As usual you slither around yet another feck up, you have previous in being unable to admit it. 

It's there for all to see. 🤡

No balls, about sums you up. :byebye

What an idiot you are. You obviously can't comprehend the written word. And you have the cheek to call anyone a dullard.

The wee fans forum was exactly where the original transgression occurred and where some felt it appropriate to defend it!

What a daft self defeating post! You just reactivated this one! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Only you. :lol:

IF I was the only person you've wrongly called it and claimed you were speaking on behalf of all the forum users, it would still show you to be just as big an idiot as most of your other statements. I have a feeling, if I looked back, it would prove you to be a liar as well as a fool.

The wee fans forum was exactly where the original transgression occurred and where some felt it appropriate to defend it!

What a daft self defeating post! You just reactivated this one! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Who defended it?

As far as I saw, nobody else admitted to seeing it or knowing what it said.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

What a daft self defeating post! You just reactivated this one! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Why? It was discussed. It ran it's course. What bloody difference did it make to the world when one of your wee threads was deleted? Remember I'm not saying you were wrong to discuss it. Only that it made no real difference to the world when it was deleted.

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

IF I was the only person you've wrongly called it and claimed you were speaking on behalf of all the forum users, it would still show you to be just as big an idiot as most of your other statements. I have a feeling, if I looked back, it would prove you to be a liar as well as a fool.

You could just admit you made a cock up, FS owned you on it (that's a riddy right there) and we can all move on.

But no. You prefer to rage and stomp. YET AGAIN.

Jeezo.

15 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Who defended it?

As far as I saw, nobody else admitted to seeing it or knowing what it said.

Oh come on slarti.

Enough with the denial and the "devil's advocate" shite.

You read and took part in the entire thread. You know EXACTLY what he is getting at.