Bonus Time?

With the prize money difference between 8th and 5th being £375,000, is it time to offer the players a healthy win bonus for a win on Saturday against Accies to ensure 6th place, and a further one for finishing 5th (or better) at the end of the season?

I know they are paid reasonably well, but with the small squad we have, and the effort they have had to put in during the recent packed schedule and injuries, I think it might give them a wee stimulus to keep going till the end of the season?

Edited by sally02

1 hour ago, sally02 said:

With the prize money difference between 8th and 5th being £375,000, is it time to offer the players a healthy win bonus for a win on Saturday against Accies to ensure 6th place, and a further one for finishing 5th (or better) at the end of the season?

I know they are paid reasonably well, but with the small squad we have, and the effort they have had to put in during the recent packed schedule and injuries, I think it might give them a wee stimulus to keep going till the end of the season?

It is a sad day when we have pay extra to motivate our players. They are professionals and getting into the top 6 should be reward enough. There will most likely already be a top 6 bonus agreed before the start of the season I see no reason to pay more than was agreed.

1 hour ago, JPB1957 said:

It is a sad day when we have pay extra to motivate our players. They are professionals and getting into the top 6 should be reward enough. There will most likely already be a top 6 bonus agreed before the start of the season I see no reason to pay more than was agreed.

Aye, OK shull.

1 hour ago, Buddiememories said:

No bonus

Sack any player who doesn't give 100% between now and the end of the Season.

Nae bother, shull.

FFS

4 hours ago, sally02 said:

I would say that they are extremely well paid considering what they do for a living. Agree with the others.

A bonus won't motivate them if they are not already motivated to win this game.

Funnily enough and surprisingly, research has shown that financial bonuses actually end up being a disincentive for workers but that is maybe a discussion for another thread.

Oh and I am certainly not shull before you ask..... :D

Edited by oaksoft