18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yep, context. As already said to you, we are talking about the biggest game in Scotland. What historically was arguably considered one of the top five derbies in world football. Domestically 2 clubs that can still take 50k+ home fans a week. 

It is strong evidence away from home their interest has fallen when they can’t beat viewership for a reasonably big championship game or bang average EPL games. This was my originally point, that the interest away from home has fallen from where it was. 

Edit: also, what are the 2 EPL games? I can only see Arsenal which I think is a bit strange, (maybe the crossover with Nottingham Forrest a factor)  

My mistake, looked more at the teams than the blurred EFL, apologies. 

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I would suggest that being ABOVE the average EPL team put's the Old Form in the "very attractive" bracket for Sky, which is just as well as Sky would probably pull out of Scottish football altogether.

Certainly NOT waning in term of viewing figures, despite some who like to think they are.

For a small country they certainly are punching above their weight. 

so being as good as Wolves, Leeds, Crystal Palace makes you a truly global brand.-My daughter in law sells some of her products in the US and australia, but she would never consider herself to be a global brand

viewing figures gained in an environment where nobody was allowed to congregate in a pub or at the game are exceptional

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7312396/spfl-vote-league-reconstruction-rangers-celtic-colts/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1624696102

July 7th date for indicative voting intentions. I have already emailed the club (and SMISA) expression my strong opposition based on the most recent proposal, hope others do the same. 

In saying the above, I am not against colts universally & a new proposal could be significantly different to all the other ones, although I am not holding out much hope. My opposition is based only on previously communicated proposals. For me to support colts, rules on their existence would have to cover the following 

- maximum squad numbers for colts & ALL youth ages to protect other clubs from Celtic/ Rangers swallowing up even more of the best talent at various youth levels & signing more talent for colts (Celtic have just signed an English youth player for lowland league apparently). 
- rules on homegrown player rules (developed at parent club for over 3 years before 18th birthday) meaning vast majority of colts players are Scotland eligible. 
- rules that provide a pathway to first team from colts. X number of colt trained players (homegrown ones) must feature in senior starting 11s after a grace period. This would mean future Scottish eligible players playing in senior SP teams down the line & hold clubs like Celtic & Rangers accountable to develop Scottish eligible talent.

If I’m honest I don’t see Celtic & Rangers agreeing to any of that & as such Colts should be rejected in line with (likely) fan majority opinion.  

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

so being as good as Wolves, Leeds, Crystal Palace makes you a truly global brand.-My daughter in law sells some of her products in the US and australia, but she would never consider herself to be a global brand

viewing figures gained in an environment where nobody was allowed to congregate in a pub or at the game are exceptional

I think, as usual, you're getting a wee bit mixed up as I don't recall EVER saying Rangers or Celtic were this meaningless term "global brand".

Anyhow, as I couldn't give a monkeys, I'm out. :byebye

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Good stuff, got to wonder how many times they’ll just keep coming back with rehashed versions of the same thing only to be told no. 

Excuse my memory, but did you not a few weeks back argue that this was a good idea. 🤔 

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Bazil was 100% against it like most of us 

Correct.

I'm pretty sure someone was in favour of it but I can't remember who.

It wasn't baz though.

Edited by oaksoft

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Correct.

I'm pretty sure someone was in favour of it but I can't remember who.

It wasn't baz though.

From what I recall (and only saw through others quoting him, so there might have been more to it), he was against this specific proposal but not against colts in the league in general.

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:

From what I recall (and only saw through others quoting him, so there might have been more to it), he was against this specific proposal but not against colts in the league in general.

Not true... I remember him saying he would seriously consider chucking it altogether if they let them in, Which were the thoughts going through my head at the time.. that's why I remember it... was quite surprised Baz felt the same 

Your memory serves you well.
Not true... I remember him saying he would seriously consider chucking it altogether if they let them in, Which were the thoughts going through my head at the time.. that's why I remember it... was quite surprised Baz felt the same 
It's true, here it is.

In the format that was published in the media (the rangers proposal), absolutely not. I feel it clearly only benefits two clubs and includes many missed opportunities regarding developing Scottish talent. In theory I think Colts could work but other clubs passing that proposal would be complete madness in my opinion. Others can of course disagree and are welcome to try and change my views on it.