Naw. That was a phone autocorrect. And to paraphrase a certain bellend. Of course you should've known I meant you're cause it was inside my head, it's not my fault you didn't know what I meant and not what I said yadda f**kin ya ad infinitum until the end of time. 

TBF I think he did know what he meant & was likely only joking around... 
Bad enough that last time you spoke to me you begged me not to speak to you and promised that in return you would no longer speak to me.... and that out of respect for others I let you have your much craved last word as always...

but my reply was to someone else, you totally fail to pick up on clever ironic humour (must be his fault) and you have yet again just made a fool of yourself.

Whoooooooooooosh!

15 hours ago, bazil85 said:

first and only ignore - Thanks for sharing.

Every other poster on here - It's not, just a select few miserable gits that can't leave the past alone

It's not a few, it's well into double figures actually. Well into. Not quite 20. Not yet. But it's getting there.

If you want to call that sort of quantity a "few" then I suppose you are welcome to delude yourself.

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Bad enough that last time you spoke to me you begged me not to speak to you and promised that in return you would no longer speak to me.... and that out of respect for others I let you have your much craved last word as always...

but my reply was to someone else, you totally fail to pick up on clever ironic humour (must be his fault) and you have yet again just made a fool of yourself.

Whoooooooooooosh!
emoji1782.png

I never begged for anything, you've mixed up our history. 

Direct or indirect posting, you jumped in on a guys posts having a pop at me, this is something you will have to give up if your desperate need for engagement to stop were actually true I'm afraid... But you know this, I have told you this. 👍

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It's not a few, it's well into double figures actually. Well into. Not quite 20. Not yet. But it's getting there.

If you want to call that sort of quantity a "few" then I suppose you are welcome to delude yourself.

6-8 would be my count and most of them are people that have just jumped on the bandwagon & as soon as I get involved in anything they scream "AHHH YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN" even when it's observably not true, this thread is golden source for that sort of behaviour.  

It's become a bit of a running theme on here and if you honestly can't place a shred of accountability at anyone else's feet (or your own), I think it says far more about you than it does me. 

I assume we both know the next stage in the script by now Oakster? Over to you. 

I never begged for anything, you've mixed up our history. 
Direct or indirect posting, you jumped in on a guys posts having a pop at me, this is something you will have to give up if your desperate need for engagement to stop were actually true I'm afraid... But you know this, I have told you this. 

What you see as taking a pop at you, I see as complimenting someone else's humour!

A psychologist might see this as a breakthrough moment for you, paranoid antagonistic twat. Now run along and try baiting someone else!

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

6-8 would be my count and most of them are people that have just jumped on the bandwagon & as soon as I get involved in anything they scream "AHHH YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN" even when it's observably not true, this thread is golden source for that sort of behaviour.  

It's become a bit of a running theme on here and if you honestly can't place a shred of accountability at anyone else's feet (or your own), I think it says far more about you than it does me. 

I assume we both know the next stage in the script by now Oakster? Over to you. 

A quick check of my own suggests 15, maybe 18 but the last 3 I'm not sure about.

Some of those 15 actively loathe each other and wouldn't agree the colour of shite so I'm not sure whose "bandwagon" you think we're all jumping onto.

I'm not going to argue with you though.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

What you see as taking a pop at you, I see as complimenting someone else's humour!

A psychologist might see this as a breakthrough moment for you, paranoid antagonistic twat. Now run along and try baiting someone else! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

"and that out of respect for others I let you have your much craved last word as always..."

Only when you've had your "fun" though eh? Whoooooooooosh

Anyway, back to the topic.

If someone can show me how imposing quotas (both U21 and foreign players) will avoid the hike in price of Scottish-based players which happened the last time we tried it, I'm all ears.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

A quick check of my own suggests 15, maybe 18 but the last 3 I'm not sure about.

Some of those 15 actively loathe each other and wouldn't agree the colour of shite so I'm not sure whose "bandwagon" you think we're all jumping onto.

I'm not going to argue with you though.

I think it's very telling that the usual suspects have had a pop at me (again) on this thread and not a single word of condemnation against BEK.

I still see BAWA as an old boys cliché. Argue as much as you want but don't dare do it in a way we don't like or we will close rank. 

The arguing on this thread was done, it was over (even to the extent we got back onto the Colts point) and it's all started back up again, that is not on me. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If someone can show me how imposing quotas (both U21 and foreign players) will avoid the hike in price of Scottish-based players which happened the last time we tried it, I'm all ears.

Great, just what we need. I don't remember this issue happening before, what exactly was it & when?

For me, the current format in Scottish youth development isn't working and we need to try something new. Homegrown player rules works in other countries, don't see why it would fail here. Plenty of young talent in Scotland if homegrown player rules pushes prices up, surely that's a good thing for clubs prioritising youth development? 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Great, just what we need. I don't remember this issue happening before, what exactly was it & when?

For me, the current format in Scottish youth development isn't working and we need to try something new. Homegrown player rules works in other countries, don't see why it would fail here. Plenty of young talent in Scotland if homegrown player rules pushes prices up, surely that's a good thing for clubs prioritising youth development? 

Something new yes.

Something we've tried before and didn't get it to work? Not so much.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Something new yes.

Something we've tried before and didn't get it to work? Not so much.

When was this and what was the impact in pushing prices up for young players? 

closest I remember were rules that pretty much resulted in 2 unused U21 year olds on benches. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

When was this and what was the impact in pushing prices up for young players? 

closest I remember were rules that pretty much resulted in 2 unused U21 year olds on benches. 

I've already told you.

It happened years ago when we restricted the number of foreign players in the 1st team.

That rammed up the prices of Scottish players as would be expected.

If I remember correctly, it also harmed our performances in Europe.

Either way, it was ditched.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've already told you.

It happened years ago when we restricted the number of foreign players in the 1st team.

That rammed up the prices of Scottish players as would be expected.

If I remember correctly, it also harmed our performances in Europe.

Either way, it was ditched.

Ah right I didn’t realise that’s what you were referring to. Let’s be honest it’s significantly different. 
- it wouldn’t be 8 Scottish players, it would be a smaller number of (club based not nation based) homegrown players. 

- because it would be homegrown player rules just being Scottish wouldn’t qualify a player to meet the requirements. For example if the rule came in now, another SP team couldn’t sign Erhahon, Henderson, Reid etc to make up their own numbers as they wouldn’t meet the homegrown rules. 

- football rules have moved on. If it pushes up prices for these developed Scottish players (which would be partly the point, better quality players), there is compensation that wasn’t there before plus percentages of future sales that need to be paid. 

I don’t think looking at the blockers from pre 1995 (which I think was when it ended) & applying them to modern day football in a format completely different from ‘just Scottish eligible’ is all that good an argument if I’m honest. Have you maybe misunderstood what I have meant by homegrown rules? 

Edited by bazil85

Nice try and good question.
Pity the back on topic plea lasted for approximately no posts.

Quotas are good in theory but have their drawbacks too for sure.

I've never even thought of ignoring someone before but honestly you should all try it. Apart from quotes all I see of the forum headache is below.

It's absolutely f**king glorious 
Screenshot_20210519_220944.thumb.jpg.08be4efbc47b40bb69fdd6cb98ee9337.jpg
I agree, BuddieinEK is a headache. :whistle

28 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

I've never even thought of ignoring someone before but honestly you should all try it. Apart from quotes all I see of the forum headache is below.

It's absolutely f**king glorious 

Screenshot_20210519_220944.jpg

Slapsalmon has moved onto the next stage of the ignore lifecycle. The keep obsessing over the person you’ve put on ignore stage.

Rent free it would seem 🤣

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Slapsalmon has moved onto the next stage of the ignore lifecycle. The keep obsessing over the person you’ve put on ignore stage.

Rent free it would seem 🤣

Ffs Baz. Be the bigger man and take a break from posting for a couple of weeks. It’s tiresome.

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Ffs Baz. Be the bigger man and take a break from posting for a couple of weeks. It’s tiresome.

Stop it mate. Your just trying to noise me up with the quote under the guise of telling him to piss off 😂 well played 

1 minute ago, slapsalmon said:

Stop it mate. Your just trying to noise me up with the quote under the guise of telling him to piss off 😂 well played 

And after seeing his quote, he's f**king deluded to think I'm obsessed. The forums an absolute joy now

18 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I won’t be forced off the website mate, if people don’t want to engage with me what they have to do is painfully simple.

But for the avoidance of doubt it isn’t obsessing over my posts, ignore function or otherwise. 

Edited by bazil85

• 2 weeks later...

Celtic and Rangers are set to field 'B' teams in the Lowland League next season after a "majority" of member clubs voted in favour.

The decision, having been provisionally approved by clubs earlier this month, was confirmed at the Lowland League's annual general meeting on Thursday.

Celtic and Rangers will each pay £25,000 as entry payment for their one-year participation.

Neither Old Firm colts team will be eligible for promotion.