Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

Will Kristian Dennis be available? 

The team we played against Celtic would be the ideal team for this game. Lots of pace. 

If KD is not fit, then Quaner up front would be my option. 

It’s in our hands COYS

JG in the PDE saying that Dennis could be available for the cup game v.Hamilton.

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:
53 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:
Will Kristian Dennis be available? 

The team we played against Celtic would be the ideal team for this game. Lots of pace. 

If KD is not fit, then Quaner up front would be my option. 

It’s in our hands COYS

JG in the PDE saying that Dennis could be available for the cup game v.Hamilton.

I hope he does feature in match imo a 'right place, right time' player. I've no doubt he has pushed himself to get back into the frame as this is the highest level he is likely to play at. Bit like a lower scale Jamie Vardy or Glenn Murray by taking the longest route possible to reach highest league possible for them.

Having said that KD  has always scored goals wherever he has been albeit in lower league/non league football which I think is better and more honest than EPL/Championship and some of league 1 to be fair.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

We will (not) do it 'the St Mirren way' - we will draw with Hamilton and St Johnstone will scrape a narrow victory over Ross County which will be enough to push us out of 6th place on goal difference.

That's elvis's cue. 

Don't think JG is going to the Dons. We had a short decent spell this season which pushed us up the league. Other than that it's been the usual win or loss by a single goal or low-scoring draws. JG still has something to prove to get a 'bigger job'. He needs to get us to finish in the top six this season, then maybe do the same next year or win a cup if he wants to get a better offer.

Be very interesting to see if we get this selection right given the shocker of a side that was out out for the last big one off opportunity game, the Livi semi-final.

I trust the guys who have got us this far to see us home.
If I had to be harsh I'd really not like to see Quaner until late in the game if required. 
He's been decent in the past and may be again soon but for now he looked the slowest and least match fit player during the Ross County game and I was stunned to see him start at Ibrox and what I predicted inevitably happened when he just could not manage any sort of press on their defenders allowing hem to stroll out launching wave after wave of attacks for the hour he was on.  First line of defence forcing mistakes from the least talented passers in the back 4.
That won't have changed in 2 weeks so I'd like to see a front pair capable of putting pressure on in the opposition half before they get started.

If truly fit Dennis yes  if doubts maybe Durmus with McGrath?

Go on Saints.  Do it!

ham.JPG

Well, I and I is up for it and while it might not be in the same category as a major cup win like 2013 it would confirm that over the course of this season we have been one of the top two diddy teams in the land so get up, stand up win the Top6 fight cos as Bob said three little points gonna be allright...

Mix up, Mix up
Edited by Bud the Baker

9 hours ago, Katie Bear said:

Be very interesting to see if we get this selection right given the shocker of a side that was out out for the last big one off opportunity game, the Livi semi-final.

I trust the guys who have got us this far to see us home.
If I had to be harsh I'd really not like to see Quaner until late in the game if required. 
He's been decent in the past and may be again soon but for now he looked the slowest and least match fit player during the Ross County game and I was stunned to see him start at Ibrox and what I predicted inevitably happened when he just could not manage any sort of press on their defenders allowing hem to stroll out launching wave after wave of attacks for the hour he was on.  First line of defence forcing mistakes from the least talented passers in the back 4.
That won't have changed in 2 weeks so I'd like to see a front pair capable of putting pressure on in the opposition half before they get started.

If truly fit Dennis yes  if doubts maybe Durmus with McGrath?

Go on Saints.  Do it!

ham.JPG

Prefer a back 4. It's going to be another flicking day. 

Ficking between our game and the one in Perth.  Close but a win and top 6

This is a more crucial game for us than it is for Hamilton.

If we lose we will not finish in the top six - if Hamilton lose they still have a chance of avoiding relegation, especially the way Kilmarnock are headed at the moment.

Assuming of course that St Johnstone are not defeated by Ross County

Edited by northstbuddie

15 hours ago, saintargyll said:

Appropriate to be playing this song....

RUSH ... One Little Victory

😊

Lets hope we're not living in the "Twilight Zone" with that thought. "In the end" we can but "Hope" for the 3 points and pray we are "in the mood" today. "In the end " it's been a decent season.......... I'll get my coat. COYS