Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

Missed out by 2 goals.

Right well it's pretty clear what Jim needs to do for next season.

The poor start and the sequence of about 9 billion draws last month has cost us.

It's gut wrenching but let's not lose sight of the fact that we've had a very decent season.

Other teams can panic over relegation instead of us.

We need to be ready to go for the top 6 from day one next season and we should be aiming for that 5th place and a European slot as well. We've come within a baw hair of doing it this year.

As for this season, I really want to see some of the young kids given a chance if we have any not on loan.

Just now, lenziebud said:

St Johnstone deserve it. They are a far better side than us and are justifiably 6th. We have been rank for quite a while whilst they have been superb. We couldn't have come close to doing to Hibs what they did to them in LC semi at Hampden. All the talk of Goodwin, the real young up and coming manager is Calum Davidson

Calum Davidson my arse. He inherited a good team. Goody is building one virtually from scratch.

Just now, lenziebud said:

St Johnstone deserve it. They are a far better side than us and are justifiably 6th. We have been rank for quite a while whilst they have been superb. We couldn't have come close to doing to Hibs what they did to them in LC semi at Hampden. All the talk of Goodwin, the real young up and coming manager is Calum Davidson

Well they clearly aren't FAR better than us.

They've pipped us by a couple of goals.

We're not that far behind them and if Dennis had been fit, we'd have taken that 6th spot a couple of weeks back. Those are the fine margins at this level.

Over the piece, both today and over the season, we have to accept we have not been quite good enough. The problem is up front, a combination of poor delivery and poor striking. Look at our total goals scored. I think we need to see this season as building towards possibly being top six. Too negative at times, too inconsistent at times, but in terms of where we finish the season still plenty to work for and maybe with more positivity, more goals and  more attacking play

5 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I hate to tell you ........

I'm afraid justice is done.

Another one wanting to bask in "I told you so"?

What the f**k is wrong with you people that you want to do this at all, never mind seconds after we've missed out by a hair?

Picked the wrong team and tactics in semi final and picked wrong team and tactics again today, so basically 2 biggest games of season Goodwin and his negative fitba has f**ked it again 
But but but we are having a great season according to some roasters on here.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Well they clearly aren't FAR better than us.

They've pipped us by a couple of goals.

We're not that far behind them and if Dennis had been fit, we'd have taken that 6th spot a couple of weeks back. Those are the fine margins at this level.

Yes they are, they started poorly but for months have been far better than us or months now.

They are rightly 6th and we have blown our chance.

We can't score goals

That’s a hard one to swallow in the end. Not totally unexpected but tough all the same. 
The damage was done in February with the winnable games we drew and the lack of goals scored over the season. 
I just hope, although it will be difficult, that we don’t capitulate. 
can we still be relegated?? 🤔

Right time to rebuild now. Time to get rid of a players. Obika. Erwin. Finlayson who never played a game. Quaner gone. Be 1 or 2 maybe hanging to their jobs. Goody has done a great job. But some of his negative tactics has cost us. Constantly trying to hang on to 1.0 which he done today. Just not good enough. Obika has dined out on his goals last season. But this season hes missed more than he's scored time for him to move on.

Just now, TediousTom said:

Blew it...f**king blew it

Absolutely gutted. Biggest problem is we need a decent striker, Erwin and Obika can go now, never going to get anywhere with those 2. I would be looking to offload shaughnessy seen him a quite a few times this season and always does look as tho there quite a few howlers in him, I know that might be unpopular with some on here but mc carthy does need someone a bit more steady alongside him.

We deserve all we get , Obika was on his own up top on his own for too long during the 2nd half.  We allowed them too much of the ball when they were chasing something from the game ! We're not going down but with 3 (maybe 4)  of the teams in the bottom 6 playing for their futures , I wouldn't expect to pick up (m)any points !

Right, that's enough negativity for me for today.

We got close, the players and management gave it everything but ultimately we fell short.

Congrats to St Johnstone on a fantastic season.

I'll leave the gloaters (bizarre people) and the self-flagellators to themselves.

I'm off to get some coffee and watch some youtube videos of puppies and kittens doing cute things to cheer myself up.

Edited by oaksoft

Goodwin 100% to blame, negative as feck for months, wrong starting line-up, fecking about with formations...Erwin and Obika pish..
Of course he is but remember we are having a great season semi final defeats don't matter as we have top 6.

Oh wait we don't St Johnstone
Top 6 - Check
Cup winners - Check
Potential European spot - Check
But they are the fake Saints.