Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

Ach, it's a sore one.

So close.

There's no point arguing if we deserved it or not, we haven't achieved 6th place.

It's not down to today, it's the whole season.

Easy to point at points dropped, but we've picked up plenty of points where we wouldn't have last season.

It's up to the manager to make sure we stay 7th, there's plenty of money, and pride, at stake here. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Another one wanting to bask in "I told you so"?

What the f**k is wrong with you people that you want to do this at all, never mind seconds after we've missed out by a hair?

Because it was so obvious to most people that we are a bit behind St Johnstone quality wise at this moment in time.

It was almost inevitable let alone predictable.

Right, that's enough negativity for me for today.

We got close, the players and management gave it everything but ultimately we fell short.

Congrats to St Johnstone on a fantastic season.

I'll leave the gloaters (bizarre people) and the self-flagellators to themselves.

I'm off to get some coffee and watch some youtube videos of puppies and kittens doing cute things to cheer myself up.

Same post every time we drop points.

You don't understand the pain some supporters feel when things like this slip through our hands.

You're not a St Mirren supporter, you're not even a football supporter, what the feck are you doing on a St Mirren/football forum? 

5 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

But but but we are having a great season according to some roasters on here.

That's nothing.

We had a total bellend on here telling us that the chance of finishing in the top 6 and winning a place in Europe wasn't an exciting prospect. :lol:

Can't recall who that was.

Enjoy your night bud.

Right, that's enough negativity for me for today.
We got close, the players and management gave it everything but ultimately we fell short.
Congrats to St Johnstone on a fantastic season.
I'll leave the gloaters (bizarre people) and the self-flagellators to themselves.
I'm off to get some coffee and watch some youtube videos of puppies and kittens doing cute things to cheer myself up.
Nothing gloating about it. 2 games against Hamilton right down at the bottom of the table in our run in, and we could only muster 2 draws, each from winning positions, it is absolutely justifiable to say that is unacceptably poor when fighting for top 6. We couldn't have asked for a better set of fixtures when we had about 6 games to play, and blew it.

Got what we deserved and truth be told, we don't deserved 6 place since the fakes are a better team then us.

Down side, we still need to play the Accies an other 2 times :thumbsdown

Plus side, we might be the team to send them down :rolleyes:

We got exactly what we deserved.

A big mistake when we took off Erwin and set up to defend our lead after only 55mins !
All that did was encourage Accies to continue pressing and attacking us.
This was compounded when we took Obika off, and left us with no striker.

As someone else said earlier, we didn’t lose out on 6th place today, we lost it by not picking up enough points in those six home games in February.

Not sure how many of the remaining 5 matches we will win ...

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Because it was so obvious to most people that we are a bit behind St Johnstone quality wise at this moment in time.

It was almost inevitable let alone predictable.

What are you talking about? None of that matters.

We came within 3 minutes of succeeding DESPITE everything.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Got what we deserved and truth be told, we don't deserved 6 place since the fakes are a better team then us.

Down side, we still need to play the Accies an other 2 times :thumbsdown

Plus side, we might be the team to send them down :rolleyes:

Eh? :lol:

Apologies Tam, forgot about the cup game. 

Edited by faraway saint

That's nothing.
We had a total bellend on here telling us that the chance of finishing in the top 6 and winning a place in Europe wasn't an exciting prospect. [emoji38]
Enjoy your night bud.
You still here thought you were watching pussy videos on youtube???

What are you talking about? None of that matters.
We came within 3 minutes of succeeding DESPITE everything.
But once again it was a question of clinging on with only one goal from a penalty, when it not only could, but should have been more comfortable. We should never have been in the position of hanging on for dear life.

Just now, Ronnie said:
3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
That's nothing.
We had a total bellend on here telling us that the chance of finishing in the top 6 and winning a place in Europe wasn't an exciting prospect. emoji38.png
Enjoy your night bud.

You still here thought you were watching pussy videos on youtube???

I'm getting my fill of pussies on this very thread. 

3 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

We got exactly what we deserved.

A big mistake when we took off Erwin and set up to defend our lead after only 55mins !
All that did was encourage Accies to continue pressing and attacking us.
This was compounded when we took Obika off, and left us with no striker.

As someone else said earlier, we didn’t lose out on 6th place today, we lost it by not picking up enough points in those six home games in February.

Not sure how many of the remaining 5 matches we will win ...

Many do you think we would win in top 6 then,none is the answer 

Just now, zurich_allan said:

But once again it was a question of clinging on with only one goal from a penalty, when it not only could, but should have been more comfortable. We should never have been in the position of hanging on for dear life.

We're going to have to differ on this I think.

Personally, I'm happy with the fact that we got so close to finishing in the top 6, getting a European slot and getting within a whisker of another Cup win.

If you'd offered me that in October I'd have taken it.

It's one thing to be disappointed today. Quite another to be writing off an entire season of fantastic progress. If we'd held on for 3 more minutes the thread would have been a different place tonight.

A 2 goal swing in under 4 minutes was a real shock. These things happen in sport.

We're going to have to differ on this I think.

Personally, I'm happy with the fact that we got so close to finishing in the top 6, getting a European slot and getting within a whisker of another Cup win.

If you'd offered me that in October I'd have taken it.

It's one thing to be disappointed today. Quite another to be writing off an entire season of fantastic progress. If we'd held on for 3 more minutes the thread would have been a different place tonight.

A 2 goal swing in under 4 minutes was a real shock. These things happen in sport.

The season isn't over yet ya trumpet.