Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

13 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Just missed out on goal difference  ,injuries  to Dennis and Brophy did not help  but a great effort from the club and we now know a top 6 place is achievable if we can strengthen  a few positions.

Now to win the cup!

I really hate to curb your enthusiasm Waldorf but next season there will be a strong Hearts team,  a stronger Dundee Utd,  Motherwell, and St Johnstone,  Top 6 will be harder to achieve next year for sure,, 

The person I feel sorry for is Tony.  he's been let down by negative tactics and so called strikers who couldn't score in a barrel of Fann*** 

44 minutes ago, billyg said:

We deserve all we get , Obika was on his own up top on his own for too long during the 2nd half.  We allowed them too much of the ball when they were chasing something from the game ! We're not going down but with 3 (maybe 4)  of the teams in the bottom 6 playing for their futures , I wouldn't expect to pick up (m)any points !

Goodwin got what he deserved, not everybody, Goodwin getting a free ride but facts are he is brutal, negative as fuk.

45 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Top 6 we would be gubbed every week and it would be anti football every week so we better in bottom half and maybe try win a game for a wee change

I think the opposite. No relegation dogfight, wouldn't drop any lower than 6th - I think we could have relaxed (for the first time in years!) and played some decent football. Not to be. We move on.

The big worry now, for me, is the psychological impact this will have on us for the last five games. To be two goals off sixth we could now, realistically, slide down the table. I hope not but it’s a possibility. 
you look at the years we were fighting for our lives and playing teams above us who had lost momentum and how that helped us....

29 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Just missed out on goal difference  ,injuries  to Dennis and Brophy did not help  but a great effort from the club and we now know a top 6 place is achievable if we can strengthen  a few positions.

Now to win the cup!

Brophy didn't score in 7 games, how the fuk did we miss him?

6 minutes ago, God of war said:

If we didn't shite it as Ibrox we wouldn't have lost 3 goals!

Even if we lost 1 goal it would have made no difference. We'd have ended on the same goal difference as St. Johnstone and they'd still have finished above us on goals scored.

You can pin the reason on any number of results but the game at Ibrox is not one of them.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Even if we lost 1 goal it would have made no difference. We'd have ended on the same goal difference as St. Johnstone and they'd still have finished above us on goals scored.

You can pin the reason on any number of results but the game at Ibrox is not one of them.

The two games where we absolutely shat it...not just to blame, 4-0 pumping from shite Celtic side where we shat it again..

Just now, djchapsticks said:

So was the 2-1 victory where we shat it at Celtic park also to blame?

Total one off, normal service against them resumed the following week...the blame lies squarely at Goodwin's door, he should be apologising for being negative as fuk, shite team selection, shite forwards he has signed and shite tactics. 

21 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

Quite simply not good enough. Obika and Erwin were poor. Happy to see the back of both but I think Erwin has another year of his contract to run.  I reckon if Dennis and Brophy had  been playing we would have won that well.

Tell Doyle Hayes his contract extension offer is withdrawn and don't offer another one to Dylan Connelly. Neither bring much to us. Unfortunately we also seem to be stuck with McAllister for another season as well.

The rest can form the nucleus of a good team

Can' argue with that.. For me Cammy was always a better option than Doyle Hayes who is overrated by many on here, Cammy is more of a goal threat for a start and goals win you games 

Just now, God of war said:

Total one off, normal service against them resumed the following week...the blame lies squarely at Goodwin's door, he should be apologising for being negative as fuk, shite team selection, shite forwards he has signed and shite tactics. 

Indeed. It’s the forward situation that cost us. Too much chopping and changing. 

1 minute ago, God of war said:

By that logic, I demand an apology from you for being negative as f**k too. You've never once posted a single positive word on here.

Might have been more believable if you'd posted it before it happened. 
I don't need to post it to prove it.
I was too busy watching the game with my son and after looking at your post quoting the guy who wanted 3 Ross County goals i followed St J match more closely and at one point St J had 21 shots to County 1 it was then i repeated my prediction to him that St J will score and we will lose a late goal after all it is the St Mirren way we all know and love.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

By that logic, I demand an apology from you for being negative as f**k too. You've never once posted a single positive word on here.

Thats because Goodwin is negative as fuk, fail to see many positives..

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Sorry wee man!

All depends on what you count as success or failure, if success is avoiding a relegation scrap we should just about manage that. Midfield and forward has had no continuity or style of play for the majority of the season. As someone else has pointed out we have actually only played well in a handful of games all season.
We have a manager who spends to much time worrying about the opposition rather than letting them worry about us. Our "success" this season has been built solely on our very reliable goalkeeper and the defence. We have turned JDH from a box to box midfielder into a very average holding midfielder and you could probably say the same about Ethan beside him. Durmus is asked one week to play as a wing back then the next a winger is it any wonder he looks lost at times. The least said about the right hand side of midfield the better, where Connolly and McAllister compete most weeks to see who can run about the most and contribute nothing to the team.
We have a multitude of forwards and for me, they all fall into the "mehh" category, oh for a Somner, McDougall, McAvennie... sorry showing my age.
Finally we have a manager that overthinks everything and seems scared to take risks and today was another perfect example of this.
To summarise I feel sorry for the guys at the back, but going forward that is not a top six team i'm afraid.
Absolutely spot on.

9 minutes ago, delpierro said:

Too depressed to offer anything emoji26.png

Don't be, top 6 pish, at least teams below us fighting for their position in league, games we could maybe, mabye win..