Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

Maybe, and I’m being tongue in cheek is the problem when your manager is articulate and good looking they and the press start to believe their own hype. Martingale and Davidson just go about their clubs business not seeking headlines. Love Goodwin, but heads down, get the job done then start courting the press. 

2 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

Maybe, and I’m being tongue in cheek is the problem when your manager is articulate and good looking they and the press start to believe their own hype. Martingale and Davidson just go about their clubs business not seeking headlines. Love Goodwin, but heads down, get the job done then start courting the press. 

Martindale and Davidson have their teams playing the same way week in week out and all the players buy into it and know what they are doing.

It's as if we try and match the opponents formation and hope for the best instead of picking something that works for us and stick with it, then the rest have to deal with us.

Shaughnessy is a liability imo. He is rash and has cost us points this season. He was poor at the free kick given and poor at marking the ball into the box. As for strikers still cant understand signing Brophey. I would have signed Lafferty instead. 

Lac ferry certainly knows where the goals are, but I wouldn’t want him in our dressing room.

We do need strikers though.

Hopefully Dennis and Brophy can strike up a good partnership.

I like Obika, but think he’ll be away at the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Because we were lead to believe we had it in our own hands - by the media and our club.

We did have and f***** it up. It wouldn't have bothered me if we had got 6th and lost next 5, instead we are back to the scrapping which I though we would have finally got rid of. 

6 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Martindale and Davidson have their teams playing the same way week in week out and all the players buy into it and know what they are doing.

It's as if we try and match the opponents formation and hope for the best instead of picking something that works for us and stick with it, then the rest have to deal with us.

Did Jim not say he made a mistake last season by playing to negatively giving too much respect to the opposition. We he’s repeated that this year. Maybe we would have played with my flair if Denise and Brophy weren’t injured. Then again Brophy reminds me of Danny Mullen. 

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Lac ferry certainly knows where the goals are, but I wouldn’t want him in our dressing room.

We do need strikers though.

Hopefully Dennis and Brophy can strike up a good partnership.

I like Obika, but think he’ll be away at the end of the season.

I think today was make or break for some that are out of contract at end of season. I would like durmus and connolly to stay but play them right. I agree with the brophy/dennis strike force with be good esp if get good service. Apart from Flynn the midfield is fairly young and need an experienced motivator of a captain to drive them on, shaughnessy isn't the one, sorry JG.

My heart sank when I saw the lineup today. When we play 2 up top we just lump high useless crosses in to 2 forwards that cannot head a ball anyway.

The best we have played this season was with a 4-2-3-1 formation playing the ball on the deck yet we stopped playing that the last two months.

Formation and personnel cost us today.

4 hours ago, Ronnie said:
4 hours ago, TediousTom said:
I am completely and utterly bastarting scunnered, bastarting scunnered indeed,

SCUNNERED

Why??? We have had a great season so far.

Oh FFS

We were a bawhair away from making the top six, stupid bastartin question

Still too raw for stupidity.....keep it to yersel, still scunnered

1 minute ago, ironsaints87 said:

Watched Goodwin interview knew exactly how it would begin and as usual starts with’obviously I’m disappointed ‘ blah blah so predictable. How often we heard it this season. Zzzz

I have not watched it, won't just cannae

Still angry

Oh FFS

We were a bawhair away from making the top six, stupid bastartin question

Still too raw for stupidity.....keep it to yersel, still scunnered

Yip after half a dozen beers and going to my bed I’m exactly that.. bit pissed..very pissed off and extremely effin scunnered!

Brophy did absolutely feck all for 7 games, how in anyway waa he missed? Quaner waste of a wage. Obika, Erwin...ffs 4 players who offer nothing...JDH won't sign a contracr  freeze him out....thats players I'd get rid of right away...Mason never a player, Goodwin has signed some amount of utter shite...and then there was Morias!

9 hours ago, elvis said:

4 points needed to avoid 11th 

That's not true.

We can't finish 12th or 11th Now. 40 points is safety.

Because the bottom 6 all now play each other, they cant all pick up the points needed to catch us. Not even 2 of them can. The only realistic option is 7th-9th now.

Brophy did absolutely feck all for 7 games, how in anyway waa he missed? Quaner waste of a wage. Obika, Erwin...ffs 4 players who offer nothing...JDH won't sign a contracr  freeze him out....thats players I'd get rid of right away...Mason never a player, Goodwin has signed some amount of utter shite...and then there was Morias!
If only we had a super scout in our midst to help us out. [emoji1787]

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

My heart sank when I saw the lineup today. When we play 2 up top we just lump high useless crosses in to 2 forwards that cannot head a ball anyway.

The best we have played this season was with a 4-2-3-1 formation playing the ball on the deck yet we stopped playing that the last two months.

Formation and personnel cost us today.

We will have to learn to play two up front next season if we are to get the best out of Brophy.

How fickle can people be (including me). We talk about top 6 being a great achievement and when we do not make it it is a disaster. (my comment threw it down the drain). I can understand it was the way we fell at the last hurdle and missed out on goal difference that is sticking in our throat.

What is done is done. Let's pull it together and finish 7th while building for next season. Get rid of the dead wood decide on a formation and get players to fill those positions Now is an ideal time to pick up bargains as team are delaying in renewing contracts. There will be good players out there we can get for free.

PS written with a huge hangover 

We will have to learn to play two up front next season if we are to get the best out of Brophy.
Lumping high balls to Brophy won't help him. I really rate Tait but his crossing is atrocious. If we play one or two wee guys up top we should be playing it on the deck to the team's strengths.

So, after reflection, in the cold light of day, we still blew it, defensive tactics were wrong and I’m still disappointed. But not angry any more.

However, we have to put the disappointment behind us and move on.

Congratulations to the Fakes. They’re a much better team than us and deserve their place in the top 6.

It won’t be easy to hold on to 7th slot so we’ll need some big performances in these last 5 league games and a decent cup run.
Players will be playing for contracts, especially our strikers.

Bottom tier means less money available so probably more difficult to keep the players we want and bring in new talent to replace those who will leave.

Hope Dennis is back soon. And that we find out the situation with Quaner.