faraway saint

Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

3 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

We got exactly what we deserved.

A big mistake when we took off Erwin and set up to defend our lead after only 55mins !
All that did was encourage Accies to continue pressing and attacking us.
This was compounded when we took Obika off, and left us with no striker.

As someone else said earlier, we didn’t lose out on 6th place today, we lost it by not picking up enough points in those six home games in February.

Not sure how many of the remaining 5 matches we will win ...

Many do you think we would win in top 6 then,none is the answer 

Just now, zurich_allan said:

But once again it was a question of clinging on with only one goal from a penalty, when it not only could, but should have been more comfortable. We should never have been in the position of hanging on for dear life.

We're going to have to differ on this I think.

Personally, I'm happy with the fact that we got so close to finishing in the top 6, getting a European slot and getting within a whisker of another Cup win.

If you'd offered me that in October I'd have taken it.

It's one thing to be disappointed today. Quite another to be writing off an entire season of fantastic progress. If we'd held on for 3 more minutes the thread would have been a different place tonight.

A 2 goal swing in under 4 minutes was a real shock. These things happen in sport.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

We're going to have to differ on this I think.

Personally, I'm happy with the fact that we got so close to finishing in the top 6, getting a European slot and getting within a whisker of another Cup win.

If you'd offered me that in October I'd have taken it.

It's one thing to be disappointed today. Quite another to be writing off an entire season of fantastic progress. If we'd held on for 3 more minutes the thread would have been a different place tonight.

A 2 goal swing in under 4 minutes was a real shock. These things happen in sport.

The season isn't over yet ya trumpet. 

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

But but but we are having a great season according to some roasters on here.

Just to check, would you say we are having a bad season?

Accies should have been dead and buried long before the Fakes goal or the equaliser.

I’m hanging Obika out to dry as my scapegoat of choice this week. He squandered at least 3 great chances to kill the game. He was a big dumplin’ today. His hold up play was dreadful too. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Accies should have been dead and buried long before the Fakes goal or the equaliser.

I’m hanging Obika out to dry as my scapegoat of choice this week. He squandered at least 3 great chances to kill the game. He was a big dumplin’ today. His hold up play was dreadful too. 

Nice to see you back to normal. :lol:

Just missed out on goal difference  ,injuries  to Dennis and Brophy did not help  but a great effort from the club and we now know a top 6 place is achievable if we can strengthen  a few positions.

Now to win the cup!

14 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

We got exactly what we deserved.

A big mistake when we took off Erwin and set up to defend our lead after only 55mins !
All that did was encourage Accies to continue pressing and attacking us.
This was compounded when we took Obika off, and left us with no striker.

As someone else said earlier, we didn’t lose out on 6th place today, we lost it by not picking up enough points in those six home games in February.

Not sure how many of the remaining 5 matches we will win ...

We started off without a striker - in fact we have played most of the season without a striker.

Edited by northstbuddie

I can't understand why we weren't right up in their faces from the off. It was a game we had to win. We couldn't rely on what the Fakes might do. Instead it was the usual cautious approach, and that's down to Goodwin just cost the club a truckload of dosh.

Quite simply not good enough. Obika and Erwin were poor. Happy to see the back of both but I think Erwin has another year of his contract to run.  I reckon if Dennis and Brophy had  been playing we would have won that well.

Tell Doyle Hayes his contract extension offer is withdrawn and don't offer another one to Dylan Connelly. Neither bring much to us. Unfortunately we also seem to be stuck with McAllister for another season as well.

The rest can form the nucleus of a good team

Just to check, would you say we are having a bad season?
No not at all, a good season imo(by our standards), an average season by Motherwell, Killie,St J Standards teams we think we are better and bigger than(Fake Saints for example) when in reality we are smaller and poorer than the 3 i mentioned.