Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Accies should have been dead and buried long before the Fakes goal or the equaliser.

I’m hanging Obika out to dry as my scapegoat of choice this week. He squandered at least 3 great chances to kill the game. He was a big dumplin’ today. His hold up play was dreadful too. 

Nice to see you back to normal. :lol:

14 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

We got exactly what we deserved.

A big mistake when we took off Erwin and set up to defend our lead after only 55mins !
All that did was encourage Accies to continue pressing and attacking us.
This was compounded when we took Obika off, and left us with no striker.

As someone else said earlier, we didn’t lose out on 6th place today, we lost it by not picking up enough points in those six home games in February.

Not sure how many of the remaining 5 matches we will win ...

We started off without a striker - in fact we have played most of the season without a striker.

Edited by northstbuddie

Quite simply not good enough. Obika and Erwin were poor. Happy to see the back of both but I think Erwin has another year of his contract to run.  I reckon if Dennis and Brophy had  been playing we would have won that well.

Tell Doyle Hayes his contract extension offer is withdrawn and don't offer another one to Dylan Connelly. Neither bring much to us. Unfortunately we also seem to be stuck with McAllister for another season as well.

The rest can form the nucleus of a good team

Just to check, would you say we are having a bad season?
No not at all, a good season imo(by our standards), an average season by Motherwell, Killie,St J Standards teams we think we are better and bigger than(Fake Saints for example) when in reality we are smaller and poorer than the 3 i mentioned.

It's easy to be negative after a result like this - even if it was so predictable.

However, there is so much to be thankful for and hopeful about the future.

There's not a lot wrong with our defence and midfield and we have some of the best young prospects in the country.

JG has made huge improvements since he took over but we have been handicapped this season by injuries to players who could have improved our goal scoring potential.

And for once - we are not facing the prospect of relegation - at least not just yet.

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well they clearly aren't FAR better than us.

They've pipped us by a couple of goals.

We're not that far behind them and if Dennis had been fit, we'd have taken that 6th spot a couple of weeks back. Those are the fine margins at this level.

If we didn't shite it as Ibrox we wouldn't have lost 3 goals!

2 minutes ago, FPA said:

Just to check, would you say we are having a bad season?

All depends on what you count as success or failure, if success is avoiding a relegation scrap we should just about manage that. Midfield and forward has had no continuity or style of play for the majority of the season. As someone else has pointed out we have actually only played well in a handful of games all season.

We have a manager who spends to much time worrying about the opposition rather than letting them worry about us. Our "success" this season has been built solely on our very reliable goalkeeper and the defence. We have turned JDH from a box to box midfielder into a very average holding midfielder and you could probably say the same about Ethan beside him. Durmus is asked one week to play as a wing back then the next a winger is it any wonder he looks lost at times. The least said about the right hand side of midfield the better, where Connolly and McAllister compete most weeks to see who can run about the most and contribute nothing to the team.

We have a multitude of forwards and for me, they all fall into the "mehh" category, oh for a Somner, McDougall, McAvennie... sorry showing my age.

Finally we have a manager that overthinks everything and seems scared to take risks and today was another perfect example of this.

To summarise I feel sorry for the guys at the back, but going forward that is not a top six team i'm afraid.