Hamilton v St Mirren Sat 20th March

1 hour ago, JPB1957 said:

How fickle can people be (including me). We talk about top 6 being a great achievement and when we do not make it it is a disaster. (my comment threw it down the drain). I can understand it was the way we fell at the last hurdle and missed out on goal difference that is sticking in our throat.

What is done is done. Let's pull it together and finish 7th while building for next season. Get rid of the dead wood decide on a formation and get players to fill those positions Now is an ideal time to pick up bargains as team are delaying in renewing contracts. There will be good players out there we can get for free.

PS written with a huge hangover 

Of f**k off you prick.

We are entitled to be upset, scunnered and pissed off, because we care, we care deeply.

Our fans are hurting and you are just being a prick.   f**k off prick.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:
2 hours ago, magnus said:
We will have to learn to play two up front next season if we are to get the best out of Brophy.

Lumping high balls to Brophy won't help him. I really rate Tait but his crossing is atrocious. If we play one or two wee guys up top we should be playing it on the deck to the team's strengths.

I agree but let’s face it lumping high ball up to two tall haddies didn’t work either so it’s not just a height issue. 

18 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Of f**k off you prick.

We are entitled to be upset, scunnered and pissed off, because we care, we care deeply.

TT have you gone thru a personality transplant.... thats an appalling way to respond .... anyone on here that is not troll cares deeply and of course the way it happened was so cruel... but hey we march on 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:
2 hours ago, magnus said:
We will have to learn to play two up front next season if we are to get the best out of Brophy.

Lumping high balls to Brophy won't help him. I really rate Tait but his crossing is atrocious. If we play one or two wee guys up top we should be playing it on the deck to the team's strengths.

Height isn't the only factor nowadays it's reading the game and getting into position first, that's how Accies got the vital free kick yesterday, first into position and let the big defender clatter into you. There is some merit in what you say but the allowed level of physicality is much reduced from what it was 20 years ago.

We do need a front pairing that compliment each other - FWIW I still prefer the old big guy/quick guy combo...

Edited by Bud the Baker

Disappointed but not surprised ,It is what it is.

Given the option of something positive to play for pre-split as opposed to relegation battles then this would be my preferred option even with the failure to make top six.

We were definitely in trouble earlier in the season due to Covid and recovered well.

There’s also the possibility we will finish with more points than the team in 6th and I think we will.

A good wee cup run to end the season on a positive note would be good.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Of f**k off you prick.

Thank for your kind comments. If you read my posts you will I too was as you put it "upset. scunnered and pissed off" But are you going to stay that way forever? May be I turned the quicker than most. Have a nice day 

On reflection it is still disappointing that we blew the top six opportunity in the end. We did the hard work closing down Dundee United before meekly letting St Johnstone close us down. 
people, quite rightly, looking at the ‘it’s been a good season’ scenario but the season isn’t over and, in my view, we are the team, apart from Ross county possibly, in the poorest form so let’s see where we finish......

poor strike force, too much tinkering with starting 11 and tactics and a manager more interested in courting the media are the defining areas of our top six challenge. 

Onward to the next chapter of our history 

17 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Apparently a tweet from our former manager. Someone’s happy at the result yesterday. 

IMO we need to move on, play to finish top of the bottom pile and attempt a cup run. 

EBB4EB0D-85FB-482F-820E-CE93A1EA8885.png

Senseless comment from Stubbs but that apart he sounds thick.

6 minutes ago, magnus said:

Senseless comment from Stubbs but that apart he sounds thick.

I think he had been provoked prior to the game.

But yeah he responded just like yer average BAWA forumster - with class and dignity...:whistle

Does Stubbsy post on here and if so what is his alias?

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not true.

We can't finish 12th or 11th Now. 40 points is safety.

Because the bottom 6 all now play each other, they cant all pick up the points needed to catch us. Not even 2 of them can. The only realistic option is 7th-9th now.

We CAN finish 11th. A previous poster set out several scenarios that showed how it could happen. Yes, its highly unlikely, but still possible.

On 3/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, oaksoft said:

We're going to have to differ on this I think.

Personally, I'm happy with the fact that we got so close to finishing in the top 6, getting a European slot and getting within a whisker of another Cup win.

If you'd offered me that in October I'd have taken it.

It's one thing to be disappointed today. Quite another to be writing off an entire season of fantastic progress. If we'd held on for 3 more minutes the thread would have been a different place tonight.

A 2 goal swing in under 4 minutes was a real shock. These things happen in sport.

So you're happy we ended up with absolutely nothing? :blink:

Easily pleased. 

On 3/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, spankin_panda said:

Apparently a tweet from our former manager. Someone’s happy at the result yesterday. 

IMO we need to move on, play to finish top of the bottom pile and attempt a cup run. 

Not sure how its done on Twitter, but the above tweet should be retweeted to all of the scottish media outlets,

this ignoramus should not get a voice in scottish football again, this is a personal attack on st mirren and 

our former director, he should be hit in the pocket thats the only way he will learn.

get this retweeted to the following:

Sky Sports

BBC

Premier Sports

Daily Record

The saints beaks should also ban this guy from St Mirren Park permanently.

5 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

Not sure how its done on Twitter, but the above tweet should be retweeted to all of the scottish media outlets,

this ignoramus should not get a voice in scottish football again, this is a personal attack on st mirren and 

our former director, he should be hit in the pocket thats the only way he will learn.

Sky Sports

BBC

Premier Sports

Daily Record

He was answering back to a tweet from someone giving him a hard time.

On 3/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, spankin_panda said:

Interesting that you blacked out the tweet which provoked that response from Stubbs.

It's available on P&B for those who are interested.

Stubbs is an arsehole but don't kid on that we don't have some absolute bellends in our support posting absolute shite on Twitter.

That particular poster zzxxcc1122 used to post abusive stuff on here about our youngest players so she can f**k right off.

31 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

Sky Sports

BBC

Premier Sports

Daily Record

Whit?

Why?

Calm yourself down FFS.

The guy can say whatever he wants.

Is your life not interesting enough that shite like this triggers you?