ICC

Motherwell v St Mirren SPFL Premiership 10/4/21

5 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

That’s a really sickening result I feel. Not unexpected, to be honest, but it’s what I have feared since missing out on top 6. As FS rightly says 6th to 8th in two games and can only see that continuing. 
Our total inability to take chances and lack of threat upfront is there gaping at us week in week out. 
Then after making the point about McGrath and his penalties last week by the manager.....

The only positive I can take from today is that we officially can’t finish bottom 😃

otherwise a potentially good season is just fizzling out! Shame really 

Flynn injury is a real shame. Doyle-Hayes away and some contracts coming to an end. Not a complete rebuild this time round but we have to hope Jim and Tony bring in some right good players or this season might be as good as it gets.

Flynn injury is a real shame. Doyle-Hayes away and some contracts coming to an end. Not a complete rebuild this time round but we have to hope Jim and Tony bring in some right good players or this season might be as good as it gets.
Next season i can't see anything other than back to a relegation battle.

St J, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock should all like alot of previous years finish above us that leaves St Mirren, Hamilton/Ross County and Livingston in a 3 way battle to avoid the drop.

Another massively frustrating outing for St Mirren. Desperately missing these forward players, hopefully that’s Dennis back fit & he just remains fit for the rest of the season. We are owed a bit of luck with that. 

Erwin yet again a liability, I make that, almost every single game he’s featured in. 

Next season i can't see anything other than back to a relegation battle.

St J, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Motherwell and Kilmarnock should all like alot of previous years finish above us that leaves St Mirren, Hamilton/Ross County and Livingston in a 3 way battle to avoid the drop.
Nice and positive. That's what we need before this season ends and new season starts

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Nice and positive. That's what we need before this season ends and new season starts emoji849.png

He's talking rubbish anyway. He's no idea who will be getting signed or released from any club. 

Just another pish the breaks, knee jerk reaction based on an imagination. 

11 minutes ago, magnus said:

Agreed bud. I hope this doesn’t turn out to be a flash in the pan. 
my biggest gripe this year has been the constant bigging us up in the media by Jim and Tony when all too often we have ended up with egg on our face. I would much rather we kept under the radar and let the football talk for itself without the unnecessary added pressure 

That was a sickener. We controlled most of the game without really troubling their keeper. Had we picked better options in the final third in the first half we'd have won the match. Why Shaughnessy gave up on the ball for their goal I'll never know but, that not withstanding, where were our defenders when the ball came in? I felt JG should have removed Erhahon a bit earlier and brought on Dennis to see if he and Erwin could do something after we went down 1-0. He could have redressed it with the removal of Erwin for McAllister. On this showing we need to hope that the other teams slit each others throat as I don't see us helping ourselves. Unfortunately I don't think ICT will be quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing us.

Nice and positive. That's what we need before this season ends and new season starts
Just reality check to the roasters claiming this great season will lead to a definite Top 6 next season.

All the teams i mentioned have finished ahead of us over 90% of seasons since split started 20 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Just reality check to the roasters claiming this great season will lead to a definite Top 6 next season.

All the teams i mentioned have finished ahead of us over 90% of seasons since split started 20 years ago.

Means nothing. 

Like most teams next season, we'll have 6 or 7 new players.  Where we and other clubs finish will be dependent on the signings and retention of players. 

What happened 15 years ago has heehaw to do with next season. 

25 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

You have quite a nerve calling anyone on here a roaster and then coming up with that ridiculous last sentence.

WTF does the last 20 years have to do with anything?

Our future is not bound by our past.

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You have quite a nerve calling anyone on here a roaster and then coming up with that ridiculous last sentence.

Ur the roaster he is talking about, a complete and utter roaster...

Fecking great on here, the fact folk think Saints turned a corner🤣top 6 and all that pish....fluked a lot of results with penalties and when it came to it lost or drew games that matter. Going down the league now where we should be with this wonderful tactician as a manager....anybody who plays Lee Erwin does not have a fecking clue.

55 minutes ago, munoz said:

Means nothing. 

Like most teams next season, we'll have 6 or 7 new players.  Where we and other clubs finish will be dependent on the signings and retention of players. 

Totally spot on. I think we will sign better quality again to push us on. 

We certainly did not deserve to lose that today yes Irwin had a good few chances in the first half and of course it was a poor pen by Jamie their keeper whilst busy didn’t have to produce any great saves.We most certainly had a clear pen rejected for handball.Even Jock Brown conceded we were very unfortunate to lose.However our shape for me was all wrong we have been at our best this year with a distinct 4-2-3-1 formation and the back four should pick itself with Tait at left back.Our formation in the last ten mins was all over the place and I don’t even think our players were aware.Much improvement needed Jim and no blame elsewhere you pick the team

Means nothing. 
Unfortunately in this case it does, we had 2 managers in 12 years then another 5 in as many years and the present one certainly doesn't look like achieving the elusive top 6 spot anytime soon that the others couldn't, he had 2 massives games this season blew them both big time he has proved and admitted he doesn't have the bottle to try and win games and that will be our downfall again.

Our higher than normal pre split finish has unfortunately for us as much to do with Killie and Motherwell being crap than ourselves being anything better than average.

I will gladly come back on here in 12 months if Goodwin proves me wrong unfortunately someone that thinks Erwin is a football player generally won't become a very good manager.

58 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

For a guy with Shaughnessy's experience, his positioning and general decision making is absolutely dreadful. 

Imo he can be a liability. He has cost us points and goals this season. I would be happy to see him replaced next season. 

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Unfortunately in this case it does, we had 2 managers in 12 years then another 5 in as many years and the present one certainly doesn't look like achieving the elusive top 6 spot anytime soon that the others couldn't, he had 2 massives games this season blew them both big time he has proved and admitted he doesn't have the bottle to try and win games and that will be our downfall again.

Our higher than normal pre split finish has unfortunately for us as much to do with Killie and Motherwell being crap than ourselves being anything better than average.

I will gladly come back on here in 12 months if Goodwin proves me wrong unfortunately someone that thinks Erwin is a football player generally won't become a very good manager.

I think we should have been top six this season. My view on Goodwin is mixed. Made some good signings in defence and midfield but up front poor. Tactics and team selections questionable also. Plays the media well but achieved nothing major this season in comparison to Davidson & Martindale. Blew top 6 and semi. Next season is a big one for him.

Edited by lenziebud

58 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I think we should have been top six this season. My view on Goodwin is mixed. Made some good signings in defence and midfield but up front poor. Tactics and team selections questionable also. Plays the media well but achieved nothing major this season in comparison to Davidson & Martindale. Blew top 6 and semi. Next season is a big one for him.

Totally agree. Better signings than many of his predecessors, let’s hope that continues. Otherwise  Jim needs to prove himself as a manager by achieving something, then he can play up to the media all he wants. 

12 hours ago, God of war said:

Fecking great on here, the fact folk think Saints turned a corner🤣top 6 and all that pish....fluked a lot of results with penalties and when it came to it lost or drew games that matter. Going down the league now where we should be with this wonderful tactician as a manager....anybody who plays Lee Erwin does not have a fecking clue.

You sir are a total fcuk wit only on here to antagonise and troll. I couldnt care for ythe comments you make clearly not a st mirren supporter and i will gladly call you what are an arse 

34 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

You sir are a total fcuk wit only on here to antagonise and troll. I couldnt care for ythe comments you make clearly not a st mirren supporter and i will gladly call you what are an arse 

Say that in English, are you five year's old?