Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle Scottish Cup Round Four

ICT are settling into what may become a long spell in the Championship - their relative success in previous seasons was built on overspending their "natural" budget and they had to be bailed out by wealthy shareholders on a coupla occasions the last being in 2019.

Have a running bet with a Caley fan @ work - £5per win/loss settled at the end of the season, lost plenty over the years until 17/18 when we won the Championship. 

Interesting to note they have just signed Scott Allen from Hibs on loan before the Championship transfer window ended at the end of March, even so I feel if we play to our potential we will this match.

22 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

ICT are settling into what may become a long spell in the Championship - their relative success in previous seasons was built on overspending their "natural" budget and they had to be bailed out by wealthy shareholders on a coupla occasions the last being in 2019.

Have a running bet with a Caley fan @ work - £5per win/loss settled at the end of the season, lost plenty over the years until 17/18 when we won the Championship. 

Interesting to note they have just signed Scott Allen from Hibs on loan before the Championship transfer window ended at the end of March, even so I feel if we play to our potential we will this match.

He was the best player on the park on Friday for an hour. He was blowing out his arse after that , nowhere near match fit. 

6 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Another good win for Caley tonight. Looks like they’ll be taking some good form into our Cup tie.

Unlikely to be the straight for tie I was hoping it might be.

Yeah definitely. That's them had 5 straight wins on the bounce now. 

Can see it being pretty close. Hopefully we can get another positive result against Motherwell on Saturday to take into the cup tie.

21 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Another good win for Caley tonight. Looks like they’ll be taking some good form into our Cup tie.

11 minutes ago, munoz said:

Can see it being pretty close. Hopefully we can get another positive result against Motherwell on Saturday to take into the cup tie.

I'd say their upturn in form is all down to Neil McCann.  a very underrated coach 

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

I’m sure Goody would have been at Cappielow tonight. He won’t underestimate Caley. 

Yeah that’s my concern. I’m worried he’ll totally overestimate them.

What we need is the same approach as Saturday as opposed to the approach we saw in that run of league games against the bottom sides.

Just a respectful, positive, we’re better than you and we’re going to show it. 

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

I'd say their upturn in form is all down to Neil McCann.  a very underrated coach 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

When you've played the game you know when someone knows what he's talking about, 

Did you not realise that's why no one takes you too serious Mourinho :rolleyes: 

We are more than capable of putting Caley to the sword.

A 4-1 away win at Morton is a good result as was the win at Ross County but they won't be doing that to us. Not by a long shot.

Our 3-0 away win at Hamilton trumps anything they have done recently.

Edited by oaksoft

On 4/4/2021 at 9:35 PM, lenziebud said:

This is a bannana skin match. Inverness have improved  under McCann and Dodds and turned RC over in Dingwall on Friday.

We will need to play well to win anything else and we could be out on our ear.

I wouldn't read too much into the Ross County win. Any local derby is likely to see the smaller team raise their game several notches.

3 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Honestly can't see it guys.

This should be a very straightforward win.

Would expect us to be two goals ahead of them by the end. Especially at home.

9 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

U obviously haven't supported Saints long if u were looking for a straight forward tie from Saints!

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

When you've played the game you know when someone knows what he's talking about, 

Did you not realise that's why no one takes you too serious Mourinho :rolleyes: 

Coaching career[edit]

Dunfermline[edit]

McCann joined Dunfermline Athletic as a coach in July 2012, initially on a voluntary basis.[21] The club entered administration in March 2013[22] and suffered a second successive relegation.[

Dundee manager[edit]

McCann's first managerial position came at Scottish Premiership side Dundee, where he was appointed on an interim basis on 18 April 2017.[27] McCann oversaw five matches for his former team, securing the side's place in the top tier of Scottish football. Dundee announced on 29 May that McCann would leave the club,[28] then had an approach for Jack Ross rejected by St Mirren.[29] On 1 June, McCann was appointed Dundee manager on a permanent basis.[30] He was sacked by the club on 16 October 2018, with Dundee bottom of the 2018–19 Scottish Premiership after collecting just three points from eight games.[

8 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

:lol:

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Honestly can't see it guys.

This should be a very straightforward win.

Would expect us to be two goals ahead of them by the end. Especially at home.

^^^^^^^^ Clueless. 

You do know our "home" record is pretty poor......................................maybe you don't. 

Home win record 24%,  Away win record 38%