Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v Inverness Caledonian Thistle Scottish Cup Round Four

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

Hmm. Don’t believe goalposts at our ground are made out of wood ya daft old fecker.

Tell it to mid Calder Saint - who used the phrase - ya pointless pished poster.

most sensate fitba afficionados appreciate the poetic, historic deployment of the phraseology.

46 minutes ago, antrin said:

Tell it to mid Calder Saint - who used the phrase - ya pointless pished poster.

most sensate fitba afficionados appreciate the poetic, historic deployment of the phraseology.

A bit touchy tonight. I was just out doing you in the pedantic stakes. If you are going to be pedantic at least be accurate in your statements. 😂 

You failed to notice that I WAS also being pedantic, by precisely using... and simply correcting the woodwork count in... the terminology as expressed by mid Calder saint.

Nothing wrong with the “woodwork”.

Certainly, nothing wrong with my wording.

ps

good morning.  :)

1 hour ago, antrin said:

You failed to notice that I WAS also being pedantic, by precisely using... and simply correcting the woodwork count in... the terminology as expressed by mid Calder saint.

Nothing wrong with the “woodwork”.

Certainly, nothing wrong with my wording.

ps

good morning.  :)

Beep beep beep..............................."pished poster". :lol:

See people saying we were lucky but our keeper was doing the job he's paid to do now being lucky were Caly. f**ksake we hit the frame of the goal five times one eventually getting us the winner they were LUCKY it wasn't more than 2-1 .

15 hours ago, elvis said:

What for we will still get f**ked.

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

See people saying we were lucky but our keeper was doing the job he's paid to do now being lucky were Caly. f**ksake we hit the frame of the goal five times one eventually getting us the winner they were LUCKY it wasn't more than 2-1 .

Couldnae make it up, more faces that the toon hall clock. :1eye

26 minutes ago, elvis said:

0B0C3FA7-DA77-4909-808D-0E0AAC40D211.jpeg

41 minutes ago, elvis said:

Ah, the metaphorical woodwork...

I wondered at the time just how Todorov got so much space for his goal.

If you watch the replay, he runs away from Shaughnessy, who goes with him, but is quite clearly body checked by an ICT player and he goes to ground.

As clear a foul as you'll ever see.

Well done the Buds
First time i can mind beating this lot in a cup game
Scott Allan is a class act who walk into our midfield
We won an end to end cup tie with a late winner
Apart from no fans there what's not to like

Technically not the same team but we did beat Inverness Caley in 1987. Wonder what happened in that cup run

15 minutes ago, Charlotte Saint said:

Technically not the same team but we did beat Inverness Caley in 1987. Wonder what happened in that cup run emoji848.png

That was a proper good Cup Run.

We have only had four proper good Cup Runs.

Hopefully five come May.

21 hours ago, elvis said:

You feeling ok.... that was almost positive 🤪

18 hours ago, ICC said:

That was a proper good Cup Run.

We have only had four proper good Cup Runs.

Hopefully five come May.

Well we did have the Anglo Scottish and B&Q.... beggars cant be choosers 😉

1 hour ago, ICC said:

B&Q Cup Final was a disastrous 3 nil defeat.

I can still feel the icy cold from that day.

Fir Park had one uncovered end that day and guess which end we had..... I was soaked through as well and to top it all we were travelling in a coach without any heating as it had packed in. Not many other games where I've been quite as miserable 🤣

59 minutes ago, eckthesaint said:

Fir Park had one uncovered end that day and guess which end we had..... I was soaked through as well and to top it all we were travelling in a coach without any heating as it had packed in. Not many other games where I've been quite as miserable 🤣

I literally “watched” that game on teletext in my flat in St. Helier 😄

2 hours ago, ICC said:

B&Q Cup Final was a disastrous 3 nil defeat.

I can still feel the icy cold from that day.

I meant one we won... cant remember who the sponsor was...2006.

.aye Fir park and giving wee Chick pelters was the highlight

I had other commitments on Friday so only saw the game today. Not pretty at times, especially in the first half, but a win is a win and we move on. Killie will be no pushovers, especially on that plastic pitch.

3 hours ago, eckthesaint said:

I was on a double decker with no heating. I remember a lot of  fans leaving at half time as the sleet battered down in our faces

I had other commitments on Friday so only saw the game today. Not pretty at times, especially in the first half, but a win is a win and we move on. Killie will be no pushovers, especially on that plastic pitch.
Watching live, it was a good old fashioned cup tie with two teams going toe to toe and the poor ball being blootered from end to end.

I quite enjoyed it... Especially retrospectively when our second goal went in!