Scams - E-mail, text, calls

faraway saint

• 6 months later...

2 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

I’d be more concerned with your phone needing a charge emoji1.png looks less than half battery

No worries, fully charged before I attended game, so I could stay in contact with my son in Aberdeen. Who deeply regrets not being at game .

• 11 months later...

With me having Friday's off I've caught a programme on BBC1 called "For Love or Money".

Same story, generally older, lonely people who, somehow, believe an online hunk/babe is interested in them. 

It's almost a script, after a brief spell the requests for money start, usually small amounts to get them on the hook and it starts to rise.

Frightening amounts of money, sad but incredibly naive. 

The one that's on right now, an elderly guy from Fife, who, when presented with an incredible amount of evidence he's still not 100% convinced he's being scammed.

FFS! 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

With me having Friday's off I've caught a programme on BBC1 called "For Love or Money".

Same story, generally older, lonely people who, somehow, believe an online hunk/babe is interested in them. 

It's almost a script, after a brief spell the requests for money start, usually small amounts to get them on the hook and it starts to rise.

Frightening amounts of money, sad but incredibly naive. 

The one that's on right now, an elderly guy from Fife, who, when presented with an incredible amount of evidence he's still not 100% convinced he's being scammed.

FFS! 

Fife? Not Arbroath???