Prince Philip has gone

faraway saint

On 4/9/2021 at 8:48 PM, faraway saint said:

That was in a time when, like various things that are now obscene, it was fairly common for people with money.

Nah, there's no excuse and that is one of the poorer efforts.  It was always obscene and hiring 200 locals to help further endanger a species is never acceptable.  If we swallow that line then how do you explain the very many people who were trying to end these practices even back then?  it was about exercising privilege and nothing else.  He may have regretted it later when better educated about the subject, but the "sorry mate, i never knew it was wrong" line only washes for children

It still goes on, the fairly recent pictures of various rich people have, quite rightly, raised this sort of needless slaughter to the forefront of peoples thoughts again. 

No one, certainly not me, can condone what happened then but, as the legend that is Attenborough confirmed, he has done considerable good for a very long time. 

As for duck and pheasants, I'm not overly sad for that as it's well known that they estates also provide suitable conditions for these "birds" to live and thrive, and they certainly aren't in the same boas as animals that are close to extinction. 

The award scheme, like so many successful schemes, requires a figurehead that can, and he did, give considerable time and effort.

A mate of mines messaged me tonight saying getting his award personally from him was one of the highlights of his life. 

Thanks for giving a reasonably balanced post, you're not a bad lad. :wink:

Sometimes good people do bad things and bad people do good things, every one of us should be answerable

21 hours ago, faraway saint said:

More unnecessary terms.

I bet most of the bands/groups you have idolised have been guilty on the technicality of being "paedophiles" when females under the legal age have looked older and offered themselves on a plate? 

In fact a bet a few people on this site have fell foul of this "technicality". 

If it keeps you happy, fire in. :thumbsdown

I've never idolised a rock star or any other kind of performer.  Bowie, Elvis and others all have a case to answer, even some of the supposedly "wholesome" family acts indulged.  

But think about that language-"offered themselves on a plate"?  You don't have to be around the music or entertainment scene long to learn that things are often not what they seem.  if the performers are supposedly too stupid to tell then there are plenty around them taking a salary who could keep things in line.

How the hell did the conversation get to this level?

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

And right on time arrives the lowlife. 

Doesn't reality sit well with you? 

Don't twist my words to suit your obsession with child abuse, you come across as a very unhealthy individual. 

No twisting required. Everyone knows what you said.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, faraway saint said:

More unnecessary terms.

I bet most of the bands/groups you have idolised have been guilty on the technicality of being "paedophiles" when females under the legal age have looked older and offered themselves on a plate? 

In fact a bet a few people on this site have fell foul of this "technicality". 

If it keeps you happy, fire in. :thumbsdown

Speak for yourself I'm still a virgin 

Sexy Hot Girl GIF by Cappa Video Productions

On 4/10/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tommy said:

The Royal Family is not something that i agree with or don't agree with.

Just something that been there all my living days and i have no feeling about them either way.

What i can't get my head around is the BBC having all their channels showing basically the same stuff, why ?

Since nearly everybody had a TV, and will get BBC1, why not that 1 channel show what they want and let the other channels get on with showing their normal shit.

If this is what is happening with Philip, god knows what it will be like when the Queen goes to join him  🤔

For me it's a form of Propaganda and mind control, it doesn't just happen in China or Russia it's everywhere.

pink floyd GIF

A figure of 100,000 would make the coverage of Prince Philip's death the most complained-about piece of programming in BBC history.

Other programmes that attracted a high volume of correspondence included the broadcast of Jerry Springer: The Opera, which received 63,000 complaints in 2005; and Russell Brand's prank call to actor Andrew Sachs, which drew 42,000 complaints in 2008.

540B862E-2E43-4D31-BF6F-C2D7FCE85C7D.jpeg

19 hours ago, Bgsaint said:

I think you’d find Hendo dark views have been coloured by real life experiences through work supporting child who have gone through horrendous abuse. But that’s a bit too heavy to get into on a football forum.  

That is true, which also makes me willing to call out dodgy views, which faraway is now trying to deflect away from. To say that underage girls "offer themselves on a plate" and that forum users have probably fallen foul of this "technicality" illustrates a disturbing mindset on his part which has allowed predators to abuse children for decades. 

He then tries to divert from his attitude by saying i have a dark mind for pulling him up on it. 

51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That is true, which also makes me willing to call out dodgy views, which faraway is now trying to deflect away from. To say that underage girls "offer themselves on a plate" and that forum users have probably fallen foul of this "technicality" illustrates a disturbing mindset on his part which has allowed predators to abuse children for decades. 

He then tries to divert from his attitude by saying i have a dark mind for pulling him up on it. 

Deleted.

Time to draw a line, you were the one who, unnecessarily , brought the term "paedophile" into this thread.

As for a disturbing mindset, that's ironic after some of your posts you make about people you don't know. 

Edited by faraway saint

20 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

A figure of 100,000 would make the coverage of Prince Philip's death the most complained-about piece of programming in BBC history.

Other programmes that attracted a high volume of correspondence included the broadcast of Jerry Springer: The Opera, which received 63,000 complaints in 2005; and Russell Brand's prank call to actor Andrew Sachs, which drew 42,000 complaints in 2008.

540B862E-2E43-4D31-BF6F-C2D7FCE85C7D.jpeg

Would have been 100001 if I had been able to get through ! 😡

I know he is / was an important person to a lot of people and I’m sorry a family has lost a dearly loved figurehead but ffs , every f**king beeb telly channel and all bar 1 xtra on the radio devoted to a whole f**king night of the same tributes was taking the piss .

suppose they were just softening up the public for the biggie when it happens .

On 4/9/2021 at 11:11 PM, Hendo said:

So he's a mate of yours and one of the highlights of his life was meeting an old racist who is also the dad of a paedophile?

My thoughts are with him, what a shite existence that must be.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think that was you...

Might be time you "thought" more carefully.