Prince Philip has gone

faraway saint

The BBCs coverage of PPs funeral on Saturday is going to be very much pared back compared to the hagiographies of last Friday...

The BBC will not clear all of its television and radio channels for this weekend’s funeral of Prince Philip, after acknowledging that many viewers felt its wall-to-wall coverage of his death was excessive.

The corporation will show the funeral live on BBC One on Saturday afternoon, with the Huw Edwards-presented coverage repeated on BBC Two later that evening. Radio 4, 5Live, and BBC local radio will also provide coverage between 2pm and 4pm. Otherwise the schedules will remain largely as planned, ensuring coverage of the FA Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Manchester City can go ahead.

25 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The BBCs coverage of PPs funeral on Saturday is going to be very much pared back compared to the hagiographies of last Friday...

I've decided since we are allow out and about, i am going for a long run in the car that i bought 6 months ago and not been any further than Erskine  :lol:

Thinking of a 100 miles run on the A83 to Tarbert that will take up the Saturday afternoon and be back in time for the FA semi final. 

I've decided since we are allow out and about, i am going for a long run in the car that i bought 6 months ago and not been any further than Erskine  [emoji38]
Thinking of a 100 miles run on the A83 to Tarbert that will take up the Saturday afternoon and be back in time for the FA semi final. 
I'd take the A82 [emoji6]

If you're putting Tarbert into the sat nav. Pick the correct one, don't want you travelling to the Isle of Harris. [emoji14]
Sat Nav??? To Tarbert??? Once you leave Paisley you only need to turn left four times, iirc, (off the motorway, off Erskine Bridge, at the roundabout when you enter Lochgilphead and when you leave Lochgilphead). It isn't exactly difficult. All the rest is just following the road. Even the last one might just be following the road, I can't recall if there is a mini roundabout there or not.

7 hours ago, Slarti said:
9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
If you're putting Tarbert into the sat nav. Pick the correct one, don't want you travelling to the Isle of Harris. emoji14.png

Sat Nav??? To Tarbert??? Once you leave Paisley you only need to turn left four times, iirc, (off the motorway, off Erskine Bridge, at the roundabout when you enter Lochgilphead and when you leave Lochgilphead). It isn't exactly difficult. All the rest is just following the road. Even the last one might just be following the road, I can't recall if there is a mini roundabout there or not.

Anybody that need a Sat Nav to get to Tarbert from Paisley shouldn't even be driving  :lol:

There's another Tarbet along the coast of Loch Nevis east of Mallaig.  And there are others....

It's a common description/placename of any spot that you could haul out/launch boats... make a portage with them between a couple of bodies of water.

EG As the Vikings did - to attack places like Leven from the north, by sailing/rowing up Loch Long then down Loch Lomond with the benefit of  not losing the element of surprise by sailing up the Clyde again and again!

Edited by antrin
I'd originally put west instead of east. Even sat-nav would be little use for that journey...

2 hours ago, pod said:

Come back via ferry to Portavadie on to Dunoon, then ferry to Gourock, through bandit country to Paisley. 😉 

Behave yourself, it a run out in the country, no a cruise off the west of Scotland   :lol:

Nice to see our club have a bit more grace and class than some of our support. [emoji106]

It’s been really disrespectful on this thread by a few. You don’t have to be a fan of the Royal Family obviously, but the disrespect to someone who has definitely contributed to the country is disappointing.

I’m no monarchist but I respect his contribution and service to the country.

The Queen will naturally be hugely upset at this time and will hopefully gain some comfort in the respect shown by the people of this nation.

51 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

It’s been really disrespectful on this thread by a few. You don’t have to be a fan of the Royal Family obviously, but the disrespect to someone who has definitely contributed to the country is disappointing.

I’m no monarchist but I respect his contribution and service to the country.

The Queen will naturally be hugely upset at this time and will hopefully gain some comfort in the respect shown by the people of this nation.

I would imagine that the majority of the 150,000 people killed in the past year by Covid have definitely contributed to this country also.  
Too many of them died, in pain and distress, unable to share their last few days with their loved ones, were taken to their final resting places with few people to acknowledge their contributions to our society.  

Their families and friends would have been hugely upset.

This was an old man, who had lived a very comfortable life to a great age and, as far we know, he passed away peacefully having reached the end of his long road.

It has no need to be made a big deal because it isn’t.

1 minute ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Indeed there is. I personally enjoy watching the traditional stuff as much as anything else.

I have no interest in the Royal family or what they stand for

But that's my opinion but many don't share the same

Brought home to me when the only time i saw the Queen and the Duke as they passed the butcher shop i worked at

The crowds that gathered at the bottom of Knox St and George St to see a fleeting glance as the car passed by.

Many happy faces after witnessing about 2 seconds viewing

So if you don't like them don't watch

They are here and won't be moving anytime soon