Prince Philip has gone

faraway saint

I would imagine that the majority of the 150,000 people killed in the past year by Covid have definitely contributed to this country also.  
Too many of them died, in pain and distress, unable to share their last few days with their loved ones, were taken to their final resting places with few people to acknowledge their contributions to our society.  
Their families and friends would have been hugely upset.
This was an old man, who had lived a very comfortable life to a great age and, as far we know, he passed away peacefully having reached the end of his long road.
It has no need to be made a big deal because it isn’t.

No dispute on most of your comments.

My comment in in direct response to the thread title.

Therefore is relevant, yours isn’t.

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Seen the pictures of the Queen sitting herself and it was sad to see someone of that age sitting along.

Surely it would have been ok and not against the rules to have someone sitting 2 metres from her ?

It would have had to be someone who was in her "bubble" and, as far as I'm aware, no family members were in that group.

She was in the same position as thousands of other people who have had someone pass away in the last 14 months, an additional sad result of Covid.