Ross County v St Mirren, Wed 21/4

Great fightback last night. Durmus played well and got a deserved goal. Quaner looked the part - what a shame we haven't had a chance to see him properly until now - but perhaps a useful surprise to spring in the cup?

When was the last time we could look forward to a Scottish Cup QF without worrying about a potential top flight relegation?

Its a good feeling!

39 minutes ago, elvis said:

I just watched Jim Goodwin's interview from official site he literally admits he went there looking for a draw he didn't think we could win the game with the players he had at his disposal .He really needs to get rid of his cautious approach and start believing in his team even Erwin said it was the plan to sit off them Jim really needs to change his mindset and start believing in his players rather than worrying about other teams because we are a good team being held back

In fairness, I think last night's tactics were probably down to injuries and a much reduced squadย 

Possible but how many games haveย  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

Edited by elvis

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'd be forgiven for thinking we got skelped last night rather thanย deservedly winning with about 60% of a squad...

No one is saying we didn't deserve to win .I'm saying we should let the team off the reingns And stop being so cautious and only playing for 45 minutes.

13 minutes ago, elvis said:

Possible but how many games haveย  we actually played for ninety minutes this season it's as if we are a one half team it's as if we are waiting to see how good other team are before deciding it's worth having a go it does my head in we should be letting other teams worry about us I honestly believe with a different mindset from the manager this season could have been so so much better than it is .He admitted he was to cautious last season but he's still doing the same thing guess a leopard can't change its spots.

Please list teams that have played for 90 mins this season ?

You obviously haven't watched much football

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,ย  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

Difference is Goody is respected by Saints fans, your just a fanny

Just now, DougJamie said:

If Jim's cautious approach lands us 7th ,ย  a good SC along with a semi already achieved and the only team to beat Sevco, I will take his guidance any day over your ramblings .

And your just a f**king idiot if you don't understand my post .

2 hours ago, elvis said:

โฌ†๏ธย Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Well said Elvis.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

In fairness Doogie, on this occasion I think Elvis makes a good point.

I read his post as not saying we havenโ€™t had a really good season byย our standards, just that in certain games, with a different mindset, our season couldโ€™ve been even better.ย 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

4 hours ago, elvis said:

If we can score more goals in our 45 mins. than our opponents can in their 45 mins. I'll be a happy man.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I read his post as not saying we havenโ€™t had a really good season byย our standards, just that in certain games, with a different mindset, our season couldโ€™ve been even better.ย 

At last someone with a bit of sense. And can read a post properly.

Edited by elvis

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

That's just terrible, a nasty and vicious wee post

Could You not have debated the point instead of just offering insults?

I'm going to go for a more upbeat view. Am I disappointed that JG literally admitted he was going for the draw given the team he had at his disposal, no I'm not. Honesty not b/s goes a long way imo.

Hindsight is amazing in the respect that although disappointed at not getting in top 6 is it a bad thing as hopefully we can finish the season with a winning mentality which may not have been the case as livi and the fakes may find out.

ย 

The squad is better and more settled than we have had for quite a few years but to quote and old tradesman that I was assigned to 'you can only piss with the **** you've got'

Onwards and upwards

I have to say watching that first goal back it is just magical, fantastic play.ย 
precision pass from Alnwick, brilliant control, pace and accuracy from Tait and controlled header from Erwin!ย 
wonderful goal and, if that was in the Hollywood EPL they would be raving about it!

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

7 hours ago, elvis said:

I just watched Jim Goodwin's interview from official site he literally admits he went there looking for a draw he didn't think we could win the game with the players he had at his disposal .He really needs to get rid of his cautious approach and start believing in his team even Erwin said it was the plan to sit off them Jim really needs to change his mindset and start believing in his players rather than worrying about other teams because we are a good team being held back

Fair and valid point mate ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

On 4/22/2021 at 12:58 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But this is Elvis doom and gloom ...any other poster i would read and absorb...