Ayrshire Killie Boys v St Mirren Scottish Cup Quarter Final

ICC

18 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Interesting stat on Sportscene results which will cheer up @elvis - Killie's home form would put them in 6th position whereas their away form would leave them in bottom spot, unfortunately we're playing on their synthetic monstrosity.

I’d imagine if you reversed that for us in terms of home and away record it would be similar. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:01 AM, Slash said:

Wins for Motherwell, St Johnstone, United and Saints would be magic!

We draw Motherwell in the next round, then United in the final. A repeat of the 87 final. 

Going well so far. :lol:

I'd have preferred Motherwell to get through, well documented we don't beat Hibs very often these days.

The Aberdeen v United game is a heads or tails game for me, both teams have been utter shite at times, Aberdeen might get a wee lift with the manager still being new, not going to predict it, way too dodgy.

The Rangers v St Johnstone game is another tight game, IMO, St Johnstone are a steady team, don't score that many but don't concede many either. 

Our game, I've already said I fear Lafferty, a REAL striker, not that many about these days, but we've probably a better team all round.

I'll wait till Monday before I decide on this game.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

50-50 match for me. It will be on the night and we need to turn up. Killie are better side under Wright and will hard to beat. 

Semi finals is as far as we will get though, can't see us beating anyone unless Untied win against Aberdeen which I doubt.

I seen this as a close match, mainly as both teams are, overall, mince, seems I was wrong. :lol:

On 4/23/2021 at 7:24 AM, Scott-Leeds said:

Hibs 2-1 Motherwell

Aberdeen 3-1 United :thumbsdown

Sevco 1-2 St Johnstone

Kilmarnock 2-3 St Mirren

On 4/23/2021 at 8:01 AM, Slash said:

Wins for Motherwell, St Johnstone, United and Saints would be magic!

We draw Motherwell in the next round, then United in the final. A repeat of the 87 final. 

2 out of three gentlemen, certainly a further incentive, if that was needed, for us tonight as I'd take Dundee United in the semi final any day. 

6 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Huge result last night - the five teams left will all fancy their chances.

Hopefully we're in the last four tomorrow morning

Keep Lafferty quiet and there is no reason why we can't win.

Looking forward to this - COYS

Does Lafferty still have a dodgy temperament?

If so it might be worth big Joe or Conor giving him some wee sneaky digs early doors. 

21 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If so it might be worth big Joe or Conor giving him some wee sneaky digs early doors. 

Could be worth a go - best chance of winning the Scottish Cup in years - so nothing is out of bounds 🙂

On 4/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, Bud the Baker said:
On 4/24/2021 at 5:18 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Interesting stat on Sportscene results which will cheer up @elvis - Killie's home form would put them in 6th position whereas their away form would leave them in bottom spot, unfortunately we're playing on their synthetic monstrosity.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:37 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d imagine if you reversed that for us in terms of home and away record it would be similar. 

Was bored so decided to look at this excluding Celtic and Rangers as I assume they would be top 2 in each.

Home Form

1. Aberdeen (32)

2. Hibs (26)

3. Dundee United (23)

4. Killie (22)

5. Livingston (22)

6. St. Johnstone (20)

7. St. Mirren (19)

8. Motherwell (18)

9. Ross Co (16)

10. Hamilton (12)

Away form

1. Hibs (33)

2. St. Mirren (24)

3. Motherwell (24)

4. Livingston (22)

5. St. Johnstone (21)

6. Aberdeen (21)

7. Dundee Utd (19)

8. Hamilton (15)

9. Ross Co (14)

10. Killie (10)

With Sevco getting knocked out last night, this has turned absolutely massive for us. Not only does it give us the chance to win the Scottish cup, but it also gives us the oppotunity of European football for the first time in 34 years.

Even better, is the fact that this year's Scottish cup winners will only require one qualification round for entry to the group stages of the Europa league. Even if we lost that, we would drop into the group stages of the new Europa Conference League. Guaranteed European football til Christmas.

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Been said on P&B that he been lucky in avoiding a red card in Killie last 2 games. 

Don't know if that answers your question about his temperament. 

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You don't need to

He's an out and out bigot a few words in his shell is all that is needed

He is on form no doubt about it

But they are no great shakes at the back so the menace will fancy his chances

Extra time or pens looking likely