The Windsors

ICC

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Very sly move from the Royals, remove his Royal vestiture so that any damages are based on private assets. See he has sold his Swiss ski lodge for £6.6 million, that will be resting in Sarah Ferguson’s bank account no doubt.  

I believe he paid off(at long last) the outstanding £6.6m to the seller.  So he now owns it.

And allegedly now has a buyer at £18m.  Settlement perhaps for past abuses to go away…

9 hours ago, antrin said:

I believe he paid off(at long last) the outstanding £6.6m to the seller.  So he now owns it.

And allegedly now has a buyer at £18m.  Settlement perhaps for past abuses to go away…

It would be interesting to see find out who the buyer is? Hope it’s not the British taxpayer 

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Have you read the article?

This might save you some time...............

Prince Harry wants to personally fund police protection, "not to impose on the taxpayer", they said.

Legal fight = taxpayer money to defend 

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Legal fight = taxpayer money to defend 

It's the governments decision to provide the security, he, as I said, said he wanted his pwn security and to pay the bill.

Prince Harry is seeking a judicial review against a refusal of the Home Office to allow him to personally pay for police protection when in the UK.

Hardly the dramatic "bleeding the taxpayers dry" old line. 

His legal representative said he offered to pay the costs of police protection in January 2020 at Sandringham, when talks with the Queen were being held over the Sussexes' future role. But the offer was dismissed, the representative said.

so why can’t the queen pay for it out her healthy budget? It was her decision, why take a public body to court where taxpayers money will be used to defend the decision that the Queen made in the first place? 

So he thinks our Police and security services can simply be bought and hired at will like some dodgy gun slinging mercenaries. ? 

f**k off Harry - you chose to leave , deal with it !!,  
Get the lot of them tae f**k - leeches every one !! 
I'm the last person on here to defend the Royals but you seem to have totally missed the point in this one. The UK state will provide protection to Harry and Co regardless of who pays for it. He's stating publicly he wants to pay the costs personally so it's not coming from the public purse. Not sure how that can be seen as a rod to beat him with ?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm the last person on here to defend the Royals but you seem to have totally missed the point in this one. The UK state will provide protection to Harry and Co regardless of who pays for it. He's stating publicly he wants to pay the costs personally so it's not coming from the public purse. Not sure how that can be seen as a rod to beat him with ?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

No , I don’t think I have missed the point. 

We he relinquished his position it was made clear that the enhanced security given to certain members of the Royal family would be withdrawn. 
When he returned to UK last year, he felt that the security given to him when not with the Royal family was not strict enough ( certainly not what he had been used to) and as he intended to return with his Family ,and understandably wanted to ensure the safety of his family,  he wanted his old levels reinstated .
when This was not forthcoming by UK gov , he offered to foot the bill - not something that is normally done, I.e, We don’t do Hired Guns !! 

I Understand he didn’t ask to be born a Prince and had spent a lifetime having this level of attention and therefore security , but there’s a dead easy way to settle this,   Just bin the whole f**king lot of them .
Id stop short of the French approach to getting rid of their Royals, better to just change the locks when they’re off on their next taxpayer funded jolly. 

No , I don’t think I have missed the point. 

We he relinquished his position it was made clear that the enhanced security given to certain members of the Royal family would be withdrawn. 
When he returned to UK last year, he felt that the security given to him when not with the Royal family was not strict enough ( certainly not what he had been used to) and as he intended to return with his Family ,and understandably wanted to ensure the safety of his family,  he wanted his old levels reinstated .
when This was not forthcoming by UK gov , he offered to foot the bill - not something that is normally done, I.e, We don’t do Hired Guns !! 

I Understand he didn’t ask to be born a Prince and had spent a lifetime having this level of attention and therefore security , but there’s a dead easy way to settle this,   Just bin the whole f**king lot of them .
Id stop short of the French approach to getting rid of their Royals, better to just change the locks when they’re off on their next taxpayer funded jolly. 

As for the hired guns. Yes we do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

War in Ukraine, fuel prices through the roof, NHS waiting lists at an all time high....thank goodness we can all revel in the Royals having a week long tour of the Caribbean at the taxpayers expense. It’s hard work being so virtuous about every popular ideology all year round, enjoy the break you two.

403C2F68-60DC-48C2-B99F-93F26C447BB8.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no issue with a Lizzie as an individual but hopefully she’ll be the last of of her breed .  
The whole Royal Family pish is an outdated institution which has to change. I certainly won’t be singing daft songs, attending wanky street parties or wishing anyone well for 70 years of cutting ribbons, travelling the world Uber first class and watching folk go on blended knee before me 🙄  

Buck House , balmoral & all the other places she & they call home would make wonderful hotels or National parks for the people .

As for the Bank Holiday ?  Yes , I’ll take it thank you very much although I’m a staunch republican . Does that make me a hypocrite ? You bet your ass it does,  as a dyed in the wool atheist, I’m happy to take Xmas also . I’ll take whatever freebie days off they want to give me.

Can someone explain to me why the Platinum Jubilee is today?

Her coronation was on 2nd June 1953. 69 years ago.

She became queen on 6th Feb 1952.

So surely the Platinum Jubilee should either have been in Feb this year or June next year.

Maybe did not want to take the chance of her lasting another year.

I have no issue with a Lizzie as an individual but hopefully she’ll be the last of of her breed .  
The whole Royal Family pish is an outdated institution which has to change. I certainly won’t be singing daft songs, attending wanky street parties or wishing anyone well for 70 years of cutting ribbons, travelling the world Uber first class and watching folk go on blended knee before me  
Buck House , balmoral & all the other places she & they call home would make wonderful hotels or National parks for the people .
As for the Bank Holiday ?  Yes , I’ll take it thank you very much although I’m a staunch republican . Does that make me a hypocrite ? You bet your ass it does,  as a dyed in the wool atheist, I’m happy to take Xmas also . I’ll take whatever freebie days off they want to give me.

My work is closed, so I've no option, not that I would insist on working anyway. Also, as an atheist, I take the winter solstice holidays.