British "Super" League

bazil85

I know they have worded it as a 'British Super League', but it would basically just be the Old Firm joining the Premier League.

Not sure where it would leave the rest of us in Scotland in regards to TV money and sponsorship etc etc. Probably not a good position I would imagine.

Although it would certainly mean easier qualification for Europe and a chance to win the league at some point.

Overall, I think if we could secure a reasonable TV deal, then why not. Send them packing!!!!

Edited by Prague Buddie

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Won't happen but part of me would like to see them go - even in a bad season Celtic have won 21/35 matches, would their fans be hap py to spend 4/5 season in the bottom half of the Superleague?

4/5 seasons where they might miss out on European football - that would be a glorious irony!

Imagine Celtic & Rangers would generally be around mid-table teams as well, even when they settle. Can see them on occasion challenging in the European spots but without mega rich owners coming in, they aren't going to be regularly breaking any status quo down there. 

Regardless, for Scottish football long-term I think this would be a great move & really hope it happens although I have my doubts it's anymore than bluster.

"Top 2 Tony" incoming! 😅

Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil reckon it would be the end of Scottish football ??

Re-birth most likely

Hopefully a new set up that would distribute tv/sponsor money evenly.
Introduce wage caps to ensure we never return to the days of 2 clubs dictating the game again and create a level playing field to ensure growth across the country which is fairer than the current set up and not allowing 11-1 voting systems.

Still, won’t be happening.

And if you're too lazy to read all of that, here's a precis.

YOUR PRINT-OUT-AND-KEEP GUIDE TO CELTIC AND RANGERS BRITISH SUPER LEAGUE PRESS CYCLES

STEP 1: Tabloid publish story based on a vague quote from a vague source.

STEP 2: Every other tabloid runs the story, linking back to the original tabloid.

STEP 3: Generic Cockney Pundit makes ill-informed statement on Generic Sports FM about Celtic and Rangers in order to generate controversy.

STEP 4: Tabloids publish articles based on Generic Cockney Pundit’s comments.

STEP 5: More informed pundit responds to Generic Cockney Pundit on Generic Sports FM.

STEP 6: Tabloids publish articles based on more informed pundit’s response.

STEP 7: Fans share and argue underneath Generic Sport FM video on Twitter, driving up their engagement figures and vindicating their decision to pursue a controversy-first approach.

STEP 8: Tabloids publish articles based on fan arguments underneath Generic Sport FM video.

STEP 9: Tabloid that published original story runs ‘Celtic and Rangers British Super League plans shelved’ article.

STEP 10: Repeat cycle in four months.

8 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

And if you're too lazy to read all of that, here's a precis.

Sadly it’s probably right, I just hope one time there’s substance & they do get to jog right on out of Scottish football (completely, colts & cup competition not excluded). We can but hope.