Sign in to follow this  
ICC

Walter Borthwick

Recall Walter from his time at Saints. Decent player for Saints and sad to hear of his passing.

The mention of his passing though brought back memories of another of my Saints favourites from that era. Bobby Third? My brain cells are failing these days but seem to recall he was a bit of a super sub for us in that squad.

RIP Walter

14 minutes ago, eckthesaint said:

Recall Walter from his time at Saints. Decent player for Saints and sad to hear of his passing.

The mention of his passing though brought back memories of another of my Saints favourites from that era. Bobby Third? My brain cells are failing these days but seem to recall he was a bit of a super sub for us in that squad.

RIP Walter

Brian Third - Decent player.

I remember a Bobby from that era.

Bobby Biggar.

2 hours ago, eckthesaint said:

Started 60 games for us and a further 9 from the bench and scored 24 times.......hardly a super sub.A £15k signing from Montrose.

21 hours ago, HSS said:

Started 60 games for us and a further 9 from the bench and scored 24 times.......hardly a super sub.A £15k signing from Montrose.

Ex man of many clubs , goalkeeper Ronnie Lowrie,  told me that Brian Third had the hardest shot he ever faced !

BT suffered from being the replacement for Ally  Mcleod, the fan favourite.

He didn't have the same game as Ally and relied on service more whereas A McL could also create his own chances and influence play.

If we had set the team up to match his game then BT might well have been more successful

On 4/25/2021 at 2:02 PM, HSS said:

It was a long time ago and memory shot now 😆. £15 k was a lot of money back then. Cheers for the info 👍