St Mirren v St Johnstone. Scottish Cup Semi Final

The way Fakes are being built up you would think its Man City we are playing

They scraped into Top 6, already lost to the worst Dons team since 2000 since split

We can play much better, and we get it right we will win,

One thing that obvious , we practice pens and are very good at it...

Couple of games to fine tune, and players playing for places which is always good 

On 4/26/2021 at 11:15 PM, ICC said:

Two more wins please.

First one upcoming.

Super Saints 3 St Johnstone 2

It's our year.

26 59 87 13 and 2021.

So happy it is on the BBC.

Would rather be there though.

COME ON THE PAISLEY SAINTS

57 minutes ago, God of war said:

If Goodwin actually sets team up to go and win this match I'll be fecking amazed. He will be plotting just now to get to penalties....

According to this:image.png.093b19fe32c73b7e9892850e28c6f9a1.png

It seems the saintees are already through anyway.

Edited by stlucifer

A highly winnable tie against a team who we seem to stall against, they never seem to offer much more than us but still grind out dull victories against us.

They are not so intimidating and we should be looking to open them up and also meet the physical challenge, it took us a while to get into the physical side against Killie and once we did it was more of a game, but if we get in amongst them without going over the top then complacency could well become panic for Saintees.

St J goalkeeper Zander Clark is a doubt for Sundays  game  One of his teammates stood on his toe as they were celebrating their victory over sevco 😂

12 minutes ago, HSS said:

St J goalkeeper Zander Clark is a doubt for Sundays  game  One of his teammates stood on his toe as they were celebrating their victory over sevco 😂

Unless they need to amputate I think he'll be between the sticks on Sunday. 

We will need a performance like we had in our 2 wins against the bigots on Sunday. 

I am hoping that the Fakes think they only have to turn up and underestimate us, since they are a better team than us. 

Fear the worst but hope for the best.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Unless they need to amputate I think he'll be between the sticks on Sunday. 

I hope so. Up until last week he was getting criticised by Fakes fans for his streaky performances that have cost them goals throughout the season.

Alnwick is an infinitely better 'keeper than Clark, in every respect, bar attempts on goal.

Although it would be nice of us to actually create some chances that he could throw into the net.

Edited by FTOF

2 hours ago, HSS said:

It would have been more of  a concern if they stood on his hands

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

A highly winnable tie against a team who we seem to stall against, they never seem to offer much more than us but still grind out dull victories against us.

They are not so intimidating and we should be looking to open them up and also meet the physical challenge, it took us a while to get into the physical side against Killie and once we did it was more of a game, but if we get in amongst them without going over the top then complacency could well become panic for Saintees.

Can’t agree with that. The two games at their place they absolutely battered us and it was a miracle both were only one goal victories.

Even the game at our place, they were the better team until they had a man sent off.

I’m not at all confident about this game. Our form is woeful and I was very impressed with them against Rangers. For us to win this we’ll need the combination of us producing form we haven’t seen for a while and them having an off day.

Not for the first time I just don't get the perpetual pessimism of people on here.

It's a one-off Cup game at a neutral venue.

Literally anything can happen.

What happened in our last meetings, what our current league form is and how St J played against Rangers are all completely and utterly irrelevant to what happens on Sunday.

We may get pumped, we may pump them or it might be a close fought affair. It could be shite or it could be a classical Cup match. Anyone who is confident about how the match will go should put their money where their mouth is and put a bet on it.

Mind and post your betting slip for us. :D

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not for the first time I just don't get the perpetual pessimism of people on here.

It's a one-off Cup game at a neutral venue.

Literally anything can happen.

What happened in our last meetings, what our current league form is and how St J played against Rangers are all completely and utterly irrelevant to what happens on Sunday.

We may get pumped, we may pump them or it might be a close fought affair. It could be shite or it could be a classical Cup match. Anyone who is confident about how the match will go should put their money where their mouth is and put a bet on it.

Mind and post your betting slip for us. :D

I’m sorry Oaky but that’s a load of stating the bleeding obvious shite. Of course “anything could happen”, but there are still levels of likelihood of things happening, based on one team being pretty consistently better than another. I’m not saying we can’t win. Of course we can. I just believe it’s highly unlikely and I believe I have a decent rationale for saying that.

As for betting, no matter how convinced I am that we might lose, I would NEVER back against us. Treachery lies there.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m sorry Oaky but that’s a load of stating the bleeding obvious shite. Of course “anything could happen”, but there are still levels of likelihood of things happening, based on one team being pretty consistently better than another. I’m not saying we can’t win. Of course we can. I just believe it’s highly unlikely and I believe I have a decent rationale for saying that.

As for betting, no matter how convinced I am that we might lose, I would NEVER back against us. Treachery lies there.

You are wasting your time, he doesn't understand "likelihood" or "probability", only his airy fairy clichés. 

Form and all that goes with it are alien to him.

As for betting, I bet on any game that I see as I'll probably win. 

If I see St Johnstone as likely winners that's where my money will go, and if we win it's a "win/win" really. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You are wasting your time, he doesn't understand "likelihood" or "probability", only his airy fairy clichés. 

Form and all that goes with it are alien to him.

As for betting, I bet on any game that I see as I'll probably win. 

If I see St Johnstone as likely winners that's where my money will go, and if we win it's a "win/win" really. 

Burn the witch!!

If Goodwin actually sets team up to go and win this match I'll be fecking amazed. He will be plotting just now to get to penalties....
Someone has lost the plot.