St Mirren v St Johnstone. Scottish Cup Semi Final

11 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

They dominated the midfield McCann Wotherspoon Bryson were excellent,  hence the reason we started lumping the ball from back to front when we had it,  a lot of people as usual blaming Jim, but not me, we had great chances and should have took the lead, we could easily have won that game.

Jim's tactics kept them out our 6 yard box despite there dominance for most of the game right up till they scored the goal a more difficult chance than any of our chances, and there lies the difference    

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say they were better 

Their 3 midfielders were more experienced campaigners than ours on the day and managed the game better. As ours will over time.. I have no doubt if we had been overrunning them then the cynical fouling to break game up would have come into play. Just experience and that's something we didn't have on the day.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

TBH, not many will listen to your continual negative outlook and inability to analyse a St Mirren performance. :byebye

TBH I don't care it's my opinion .If you want to defend that type of game that's up to you but it's god awful to watch.

If you are happy standing yards off of the opposition allowing them to do what they liked then you must have been ecstatic .Me I want to see our players get in about opposition and they most certainly never did that on Sunday or several other games this season.

This

1 hour ago, elvis said:

TBH I don't care it's my opinion .If you want to defend that type of game that's up to you but it's god awful to watch.

I'm in total agreement, total naive tactics and baffling substitutions which 99% of time don't work. Goidwin must have had his full-time interview written before the game!!!

If you are happy standing yards off of the opposition allowing them to do what they liked then you must have been ecstatic .Me I want to see our players get in about opposition and they most certainly never did that on Sunday or several other games this season.

I'm in total agreement, total naive tactics and baffling substitutions which 99% of time don't work. Goidwin must have had his full-time interview written before the game!!!
Take a look on St Mirren fans Twitter and Facebook pages we are having a sensational, amazing, great, brilliant season and no negative thoughts about 2 embarassing semi finals are allowed.

The Happy Clappers have taken over the asylum.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Take a look on St Mirren fans Twitter and Facebook pages we are having a sensational, amazing, great, brilliant season and no negative thoughts about 2 embarassing semi finals are allowedemoji1787.png.

And a possible 9th place finish, some season🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Take a look on St Mirren fans Twitter and Facebook pages we are having a sensational, amazing, great, brilliant season and no negative thoughts about 2 embarassing semi finals are allowedemoji1787.png.

How in the name of f**k was Sunday an “embarrassing semi final”?

Grow up ya big wean. You remind me of myself after a defeat when I was 12.
I wouldn’t waste my time responding to GoW on anything or Elvis on this type of thing, but you at least present yourself as a serious poster.

Get a grip FFS. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I wouldn’t waste my time responding to GoW on anything or Elvis on this type of thing, but you at least present yourself as a serious poster.

Get a grip FFS. 

And u present urself as a total fud!

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What a state to get into over a fecking football match. :blink:

The team gave it everything they had.

St J were better on the day.

You might have a wee kid-on smiley in your post but getting into this state is not healthy.

Imagine thinking that reaching 2 semi-finals but losing them both by a single goal is in any way embarrassing. The leagues are stuffed with teams who would have given a kidney to have made just one of them once in their entire history. The last time we managed this feat was 1981 for crying out loud.

Have you and elvis ever considered that if football makes you this unhappy that another sport might be a better fit?

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What a state to get into over a fecking football match. :blink:

You might have a wee kid-on smiley in your post but getting into this state is not healthy.

Imagine thinking that reaching 2 semi-finals but losing them both by a single goal is in any way embarrassing. The leagues are stuffed with teams who would have given a kidney to have made just one of them once in their entire history. The last time we managed this feat was 1981 for crying out loud.

Have you and elvis ever considered that if football makes you this unhappy that another sport might be a better fit?

Some people are happy to watch shite and see it as a great performance .I'm not full of blind loyalty .listen I would be the first to praise them if I think they are trying to win the game but you are never ever going to do that standing yards off your opponents letting them do what the hell that want with the ball .They have done it on loads of occasions but the two semi finals was out off order if you don't set out to win the game you sure as hell ain't going to.Goodwin let those fans down who turned up outside the grounds on Sunday I don't expect to win every game but for christsake at least have a go at it.

Get a grip FFS. 
The performance as plenty of people probably you included was terrible apart from maybe first 10 minutes and last 5.

Time after time our players just allowed St J to walk unchallenged from wherever they picked up the ball right up until our box and eventually they scored from this ridiculous tactic. As for the guy who has scored more than 20 goals last 18 months roughly sitting on the bench why the other 4 forwards who between haven't reached 10 all got game time.
What a state to get into over a fecking football match. default_blink.png
What football match is that then??? Seeing as i mentioned more than 1 in my post thought i would ask as you don't come across as very clever.

Edit to add i have never in all the years since this forum started read 1 poster say remember when we got to Scottish Cup semi final in 2009 what a year that was by the way Rangers pumped us 3-0.

Only 1 team has a succesful cup run in 2 years time we will still talk about 2013 and 1987 this won't be mentioned again.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The performance as plenty of people probably you included was terrible apart from maybe first 10 minutes and last 5.

Time after time our players just allowed St J to walk unchallenged from wherever they picked up the ball right up until our box and eventually they scored from this ridiculous tactic. As for the guy who has scored more than 20 goals last 18 months roughly sitting on the bench why the other 4 forwards who between haven't reached 10 all got game time. What football match is that then??? Seeing as i mentioned more than 1 in my post thought i would ask as you don't come across as very clever.

Edit to add i have never in all the years since this forum started read 1 poster say remember when we got to Scottish Cup semi final in 2009 what a year that was by the way Rangers pumped us 3-0.

Only 1 team has a succesful cup run in 2 years time we will still talk about 2013 and 1987 this won't be mentioned again.

No I don’t agree the performance was terrible. I don’t think it was even close to terrible. And I should know as I’ve seen plenty of terrible performances over the last 45 years and this season has contained a few as well.

I agree St. J were the better team and at times we let them run to far unchallenged (as we have done a few times this season). How that constitutes “embarrassing” is way beyond me. 

Sunday’s performance was nowhere near as disappointing as the League Cup semi. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No I don’t agree the performance was terrible. I don’t think it was even close to terrible. And I should know as I’ve seen plenty of terrible performances over the last 45 years and this season has contained a few as well.

I agree St. J were the better team and at times we let them run to far unchallenged (as we have done a few times this season). How that constitutes “embarrassing” is way beyond me. 

Sunday’s performance was nowhere near as disappointing as the League Cup semi. 

Of course it was as disappointing as the league cup semi we bloody lost AGAIN 

I get the less disappointing bit! It’s not that it wasn’t disappointing, course it was but the players created enough chance that on a different day they might have won, which wasn’t the case against livi in the league cup. St. Johnstone’s form over the last two months also  meant rightly they were big favourites. 

22 hours ago, elvis said:

Some people are happy to watch shite and see it as a great performance .I'm not full of blind loyalty .listen I would be the first to praise them if I think they are trying to win the game but you are never ever going to do that standing yards off your opponents letting them do what the hell that want with the ball .They have done it on loads of occasions but the two semi finals was out off order if you don't set out to win the game you sure as hell ain't going to.Goodwin let those fans down who turned up outside the grounds on Sunday I don't expect to win every game but for christsake at least have a go at it.

Nobody is asking anyone for blind loyalty.

That's not the issue.

The issue is about why you would possibly want to put yourself through something which not only gives you zero pleasure but makes you actively miserable? What is going on here with you?

22 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What football match is that then??? Seeing as i mentioned more than 1 in my post thought i would ask as you don't come across as very clever.

Who knows, you just might be right with that bit in bold, but you probably don't want to say things like that and then follow it up with that incoherent drivel in red: complete with spelling error too.

23 hours ago, elvis said:

Never mind, the cinemas will be open again soon. :rolleyes: