St Mirren v St Johnstone. Scottish Cup Semi Final

36 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

If Murray Davidson plays, I wonder what the odds the bookies would give that he a) gets a yellow/red card b) injures one of our players and c) injures himself? And all for the same challange!!

I would say the odds were quite high..............................

image.thumb.png.e1099e6ae98a9ca89ffea08fada4bfea.png

image.thumb.png.db9876c0a4a6ac4194cd84f4321bfa52.png

Edited by faraway saint

On 4/26/2021 at 11:30 PM, spankin_panda said:

We can bud dream! 
win these and top 6 is nothing. 

no doubt there’s been progress this year. No relegation battle, just missed top6 and 2 semis?! Progress in my eyes 

Hmm, i'll wait till next season to see if progress has been made?

On 5/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can’t agree with that. The two games at their place they absolutely battered us and it was a miracle both were only one goal victories.

Even the game at our place, they were the better team until they had a man sent off.

I’m not at all confident about this game. Our form is woeful and I was very impressed with them against Rangers. For us to win this we’ll need the combination of us producing form we haven’t seen for a while and them having an off day.

Yep that's it in a nutshell for me too

At this point, no doubt it will slightly shift before Sunday, St Mirren are 15/8, St Johnstone 6/4 with the draw 11/5. 

Dundee United 10/3, Hibs 4/5 and the draw 13/5. 

To win the cup outright.............

Hibs 7/4

St Johnstone 11/4

Dundee United 3/1

St Mirren 4/1

4 hours ago, Slash said:

I certainly expected those odds. It suits us to be underdogs. I don’t believe we have ever won a major trophy as favourites.

It’s certainly worth a flutter at those odds. If we could just get someone up front who can find the back of the net we have a great chance. Wouldn’t it be mental  if Lee Erwin becomes the unlikely hero.

I have been critical all season of Erwin. However - his performances of late have been better overall and even bagged a goal. 
If he starts - I’ll be behind him and your scenario would be perfect! 

We have shown that we can beat  the Uglies and no other team in Scotland can say that this season. Jim sets us up right , everyone raises their game ( and why shouldn't they) and we CAN win this.....

1 hour ago, Slash said:

Hey @TPAFKA Jersey 2 - you better hope that the French don’t take direct action on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56984886

The French are a weird bunch. Let’s go to war! Come on the fishermen 🎣

We’ll team up wi Guernsey, Alderney and Sark tae boot their surrender monkey baws. 😁

On 5/3/2021 at 8:34 PM, lenziebud said:

Hmm, i'll wait till next season to see if progress has been made?

Fair enough. Versus last year (albeit season cut short) and seasons prior for a number of years, what’s an improvement is staying safe in the top league with no relegation threat and making 2 cup semis (at least). 
Matching or improving this next season is the real test.... 

55 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Precisely - and the season before at this level. 

Exactly.

It just seems that some fans don't want to accept that this season has been a success.

It is beyond odd how so many seem to be deriving next to no  pleasure whatsoever from what has been a stunning season for us.

I can't get my head around all the "aye buts".

I also can't get my head around the mindset of "if it's not perfect, it's shite".

But listen, if people want to wallow in misery then that's up to them.

The only dampeners for me this season were missing out on top 6 by a couple of minutes, the Cup semi final loss and the worry about our European licence being denied which is ongoing. Other than that, this has been a fabulous season and it's not over yet.

Edited by oaksoft

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly.

It just seems that some fans don't want to accept that this season has been a success.

It is beyond odd how so many seem to be deriving next to no  pleasure whatsoever from what has been a stunning season for us.

I can't get my head around all the "aye buts".

I also can't get my head around the mindset of "if it's not perfect, it's shite".

But listen, if people want to wallow in misery then that's up to them.

The only dampeners for me this season were missing out on top 6 by a couple of minutes, the Cup semi final loss and the worry about our European licence being denied which is ongoing. Other than that, this has been a fabulous season and it's not over yet.

It's miles away from being fabulous .Fabulous would have been making top six and cup final/finals.instead it's turned into a damp squib.