St Mirren v St Johnstone. Scottish Cup Semi Final

55 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

Precisely - and the season before at this level. 

Exactly.

It just seems that some fans don't want to accept that this season has been a success.

It is beyond odd how so many seem to be deriving next to no  pleasure whatsoever from what has been a stunning season for us.

I can't get my head around all the "aye buts".

I also can't get my head around the mindset of "if it's not perfect, it's shite".

But listen, if people want to wallow in misery then that's up to them.

The only dampeners for me this season were missing out on top 6 by a couple of minutes, the Cup semi final loss and the worry about our European licence being denied which is ongoing. Other than that, this has been a fabulous season and it's not over yet.

Edited by oaksoft

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Exactly.

It just seems that some fans don't want to accept that this season has been a success.

It is beyond odd how so many seem to be deriving next to no  pleasure whatsoever from what has been a stunning season for us.

I can't get my head around all the "aye buts".

I also can't get my head around the mindset of "if it's not perfect, it's shite".

But listen, if people want to wallow in misery then that's up to them.

The only dampeners for me this season were missing out on top 6 by a couple of minutes, the Cup semi final loss and the worry about our European licence being denied which is ongoing. Other than that, this has been a fabulous season and it's not over yet.

It's miles away from being fabulous .Fabulous would have been making top six and cup final/finals.instead it's turned into a damp squib.

Just now, Gosport Buddie said:

With Clark doubtful with a sore toe

Clark's fit , which is good news for them as they would have to have found a non cup-tied replacement or fielded a 17 year old !

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

I wonder if its affected their training in any way. 

They have a strong squad so probably won't make much difference to their starting lineup. 

2 full days training missed by the squad this week !

1 hour ago, elvis said:

It's miles away from being fabulous .Fabulous would have been making top six and cup final/finals.instead it's turned into a damp squib.

To be honest, if you had displayed any shred of positivity, I think we'd all have fallen over with shock.

33 minutes ago, billyg said:

Clark's fit , which is good news for them as they would have to have found a non cup-tied replacement or fielded a 17 year old !

Would it be wrong to get Obika to stand on his sore toes at corners?

4 hours ago, elvis said:

Would you not be better saving your usual 10% Empty Glass scenario till after Sunday ? Or have we already lost that in your eyes  ? 

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Would you not be better saving your usual 10% Empty Glass scenario till after Sunday ? Or have we already lost that in your eyes  ? 

Lost before today's news so maybe 50/50 now depends if our manager bottles it again.

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Lost before today's news so maybe 50/50 now depends if our manager bottles it again.

I doubt he will bottle it, you seem to have that in your locker,

Maybe this is how you get through your days - how long have you " supported " St Mirren ?

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I doubt he will bottle it, you seem to have that in your locker,

Maybe this is how you get through your days - how long have you " supported " St Mirren ?

48 years And he bottled it against Livy.As he has a few times this season.

f**k me 3 days from the Scottish cup semi and it's a damp squib. I seriously think football ain't for you well not at Saints level. 2 Big teams 10m up the road if you want to support a team that consistently makes finals and top 6.

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
6 hours ago, elvis said:

f**k me 3 days from the Scottish cup semi and it's a damp squib. I seriously think football ain't for you well not at Saints level. 2 Big teams 10m up the road if you want to support a team that consistently makes finals and top 6.

You really are as thick as f**k.