Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v St Johnstone. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Recommended Posts

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food prior to the game plus more beers afterwards regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house emoji852.png Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food prior to the game plus more beers afterwards regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

This will change come 4.30 pm tomorrow. 

We are winning this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That game today will be serious encouragement to both saints

united all looked like they were trying to pull caravans yet they almost came back into contention in the last 30

Hibs look spent and for the second cup tie in a row faded towards the end 

Whoever wins tomorrow needs to target the petulance of McGinn and Porteous, 2 players who habitually sail close to the wind

if we win tomorrow then our name is on it

Edited by beyond our ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That game today will be serious encouragement to both saints

united all looked like they were trying to pull caravans yet they almost came back into contention in the last 30

Hibs look spent and for the second cup tie in a row faded towards the end 

Whoever wins tomorrow needs to target the petulance of McGinn and Porteous, 2 players who habitually sail close to the wind

if we win tomorrow then our name is on it

Specsavers for you as Hibs were the better team throughout the 90 minutes.

You obviously can't see they have some quality, especially where it matters, up front.

Don't give up your day job, :1eye

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house emoji852.png Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food prior to the game plus more beers afterwards regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

Totally agree Tommy, a kinda nothing game, no bothered either way really. No fans and tbh don't think it means much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house emoji852.png Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food(Roll n chips usually,chicken supper if someone else is buying ) prior to the game plus more beers afterwards(half pints when it’s my round) regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

The thing I’m looking forward to is the BBC coverage.St Mirren TV do a great job but you can’t beat the experts 🎥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Specsavers for you as Hibs were the better team throughout the 90 minutes.

You obviously can't see they have some quality, especially where it matters, up front.

Don't give up your day job, :1eye

 

Have you abandoned me?

 

I still await YOUR confirmation of kick off time!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been for a walk along the beach had breakfast now what do I do to pass the next 7 hours butterflies starting to kick in

Think I will watch the cup final that passes almost 3 hours 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Have you abandoned me?

 

I still await YOUR confirmation of kick off time!!!!!

Never dear sir.

Today's kick off is, and I have just checked, 2:15pm.

I hope, as we all do, that we get a victory and a Sunday celebration will follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPB1957 said:

Been for a walk along the beach had breakfast now what do I do to pass the next 7 hours butterflies starting to kick in

Think I will watch the cup final that passes almost 3 hours 

 

Seriously u have butterfly's? Could understand if going to the game but it's a total farce to be honest. Total farce of a season which should never have went ahead. Well I'm off to bed after nightshift, ill find out how it went when i get up..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not sure if I'll touch the game, it's a head v heart thing, not a great approach for a gamble. :lol:

I don’t know what it is - I just feel if we click today it will come off, I also have the weirdest feeling there is going to be an unlikely hero today.

Oh and not one drop of alcohol this weekend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope that we go for it today - we’ve got nothing to fear from St Johnstone. They are a decent well drilled side but if we play as we can then we can win this today.

COYS !! 🐼🐼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, munoz said:

This will change come 4.30 pm tomorrow. 

We are winning this.

Game might not be finish by that time  :rolleyes:   but i hope you are right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...