Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v St Johnstone. Scottish Cup Semi Final

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food prior to the game plus more beers afterwards regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house emoji852.png Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food prior to the game plus more beers afterwards regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

This will change come 4.30 pm tomorrow. 

We are winning this.

That game today will be serious encouragement to both saints

united all looked like they were trying to pull caravans yet they almost came back into contention in the last 30

Hibs look spent and for the second cup tie in a row faded towards the end 

Whoever wins tomorrow needs to target the petulance of McGinn and Porteous, 2 players who habitually sail close to the wind

if we win tomorrow then our name is on it

Edited by beyond our ken

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That game today will be serious encouragement to both saints

united all looked like they were trying to pull caravans yet they almost came back into contention in the last 30

Hibs look spent and for the second cup tie in a row faded towards the end 

Whoever wins tomorrow needs to target the petulance of McGinn and Porteous, 2 players who habitually sail close to the wind

if we win tomorrow then our name is on it

Specsavers for you as Hibs were the better team throughout the 90 minutes.

You obviously can't see they have some quality, especially where it matters, up front.

Don't give up your day job, :1eye

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house emoji852.png Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food prior to the game plus more beers afterwards regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

Totally agree Tommy, a kinda nothing game, no bothered either way really. No fans and tbh don't think it means much...

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Still struggling to get excited about this game ( just like the Livy game) since I already know it will be watch in the house emoji852.png Nothing beats the excitement of waking up on semi final day ( apart from final day) and meeting the mates early for beers and food(Roll n chips usually,chicken supper if someone else is buying ) prior to the game plus more beers afterwards(half pints when it’s my round) regardless of the result. Worst for our younger supporters who had never witness a Scottish Cup semi at Hampden and may not for many more years.

The thing I’m looking forward to is the BBC coverage.St Mirren TV do a great job but you can’t beat the experts 🎥

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Specsavers for you as Hibs were the better team throughout the 90 minutes.

You obviously can't see they have some quality, especially where it matters, up front.

Don't give up your day job, :1eye

Have you abandoned me?

I still await YOUR confirmation of kick off time!!!!!

Been for a walk along the beach had breakfast now what do I do to pass the next 7 hours butterflies starting to kick in

Think I will watch the cup final that passes almost 3 hours 

6 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Have you abandoned me?

I still await YOUR confirmation of kick off time!!!!!

Never dear sir.

Today's kick off is, and I have just checked, 2:15pm.

I hope, as we all do, that we get a victory and a Sunday celebration will follow. 

1 hour ago, JPB1957 said:

Been for a walk along the beach had breakfast now what do I do to pass the next 7 hours butterflies starting to kick in

Think I will watch the cup final that passes almost 3 hours 

Seriously u have butterfly's? Could understand if going to the game but it's a total farce to be honest. Total farce of a season which should never have went ahead. Well I'm off to bed after nightshift, ill find out how it went when i get up..

I'm not sure if I'll touch the game, it's a head v heart thing, not a great approach for a gamble. :lol:

I don’t know what it is - I just feel if we click today it will come off, I also have the weirdest feeling there is going to be an unlikely hero today.

Oh and not one drop of alcohol this weekend

Hope that we go for it today - we’ve got nothing to fear from St Johnstone. They are a decent well drilled side but if we play as we can then we can win this today.

COYS !! 🐼🐼

11 hours ago, munoz said:

This will change come 4.30 pm tomorrow. 

We are winning this.

Game might not be finish by that time  :rolleyes:   but i hope you are right.