Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies SPFL Premiership 1/5/21

Should the manager play the fringe players in this game to avoid any more possible injuries before our cup game ?

Doing so may result in the Accies getting a win, and therefore helping to put Killie down just to annoy Wright a bit more  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Should the manager play the fringe players in this game to avoid any more possible injuries before our cup game ?

Doing so may result in the Accies getting a win, and therefore helping to put Killie down just to annoy Wright a bit more  :rolleyes:

Ooooh!

You ARE naughty!  :)

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I’d actually like to see Killie relegated this year. I know the bring a big support to Paisley, but they have been in the big boys league too long. About time they spent some time playing in the seaside leagues. Same logic applies with Motherwell. They can wait until next season.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ah the bold Fergie. A legend indeed.

Absolute lunatic of a man in the best possible way. 

The last time I seen him, he was on top of a ladder at old Douglas Park.   

We are safe from relegation and playoff. Our priority at the moment must be the semi-final on 9th May. We have already had our fair share of players unavailable due to injuries this season, so we must ensure that all our 'big' players are available for that game.

Accies are fighting for their Premiership lives. They will use all and any tactics that they can get away with. It could be a pretty rough game, depending on how the referee runs the game. Therefore, I think JG should use fringe players to protect as many of our regulars as he can. If we lose the game, so be it. If we get away with a draw, or even a victory, that will be a bonus.

Of the opinion Quaner should start and be given 60 minutes or so and it would be good if Brophy could get some game time. I think we have the class to win this game and don't want to compromise the push for 7th spot but obviously JG will be keeping one eye on the Cup S/F.

This has still got the potential to be a great season for us which would be one in the eyes for the Eeyore's within our support.

Do we want Accies down ? They are always good for 6/9 points a season

Play our U12s and also help their  GD.....

Killie can have a wee shot at Championship as its been 28 years, and they can take their plastic pitch with them....

If we win the Cup who cares about a few hundred thousand on league position- we will be minted    

In my humble opinion there is no way Killie will go down. Accies and Ross County are comfortably the two worst team in the league and they will occupy the bottom two places. Whether or not County are good enough to beat the Championship play off winners remains to be seen. 

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In my humble opinion there is no way Killie will go down. Accies and Ross County are comfortably the two worst team in the league and they will occupy the bottom two places. Whether or not County are good enough to beat the Championship play off winners remains to be seen. 

I agree with you. However I’d love to see Killie, their plastic pitch and Broadfoot relegated. That would be nice. 

41 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree, they played pretty well at times on Monday night. 

Edited by faraway saint

I still can't get away with the fact it's allowed in spl(at least). Down here the EFL don't  allow it at all even at lg2 level. Harrogate town had to get rid of it at end of last season when they were promoted from national league. They had to play quite a few games at keepmoat stadium, doncaster whilst their ground was being changed back to grass.

32 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I still can't get away with the fact it's allowed in spl(at least). Down here the EFL don't  allow it at all even at lg2 level. Harrogate town had to get rid of it at end of last season when they were promoted from national league. They had to play quite a few games at keepmoat stadium, doncaster whilst their ground was being changed back to grass.

One excuse that will always be trotted out is the Scottish weather, but is it really that different to the north of England.

Even more ridiculous when you consider that Livi had to postpone about 3 games this season because their all weather pitch couldn’t handle.....erm.......all weather. 

Whereas don’t recall many if any grass pitch postponements at all due to the requirement for USH.

Happy for lower league teams who can’t justify the expense of USH to use plastic pitches. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

This will be a tough game. There fighting for survival and we know how that feels. But we still have a lot to play as well. 7th place and the extra money that brings in. Scottish Cup semi finals places in the squad. But still 2.0 Saints. Also think Quaner will start to get his fitness up. Coys

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

One excuse that will always be trotted out is the Scottish weather, but is it really that different to the north of England.

Even more ridiculous when you consider that Livi had to postpone about 3 games this season because their all weather pitch couldn’t handle.....erm.......all weather. 

Whereas don’t recall many if any grass pitch postponements at all due to the requirement for USH.

Happy for lower league teams who can’t justify the expense of USH to use plastic pitches. 

Agree with the lower league teams having it as also can bring in revenue streams for community based use too which I assume will be vital for these clubs to survive.