Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies SPFL Premiership 1/5/21

Recommended Posts


Absolutely honking. Only one thing was worse it was the performance of Mr Beaton. All game he got decisions wrong. Half the time he was guessing. But there were players on the park who'll be wondering why there not playing next week. We'll you can point to this game. Cammy had a poor game as did Ethan and The Menace. Erwin was excellent when he came on. Need to raise our game by 100% to win next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Absolutely, here we are sitting 8th the league with two games to go and a semi final to look forward too. Some folks on here sound like OF fans with there Uber moaning 

Goodwin cost the club £100.000 grand at least today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Goodwin cost the club £100.000 grand at least today.

How is that then? We have  two league games to go and money for getting to semi final and potentially more money for getting to the final. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many passengers today. Finlayson, Ethan, Cammy, Henderson, Quaner and Dennis not getting into the game. Dennis showed some intelligence but was rarely getting a decent ball. Shows how much we rely on the guys who did come on. The squad is looking very thin in quality. Need our best 11 next week and hope we have no more injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Main points from today 

1. Jim will find it easy to pick his starting 11 for next week 

2. better to get a poor performance out the way this week than next 

3. we are not the old firm and won’t win every game in the league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Two things cost us that game.
Attitude and effort.

We are miles ahead of them on ability.

Even with our youth team, we should have won that match.

So pissed off we have given them a chance of survival!

As for all the Erwin haters... The lad did far more in his short time on the pitch than either of the hallowed Quaner or Dennis.

I still say he has the potential to be a big player for us. I just wish "supporters" would support him and help his confidence.

Gutted at that result. Totally gutted.

I’d be the first to agree that Erwin played well when he came on today, but you say it like it somehow negates the fact that he’s been utter dogshite up until today. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Two things cost us that game.
Attitude and effort.

We are miles ahead of them on ability.

Even with our youth team, we should have won that match.

So pissed off we have given them a chance of survival!

As for all the Erwin haters... The lad did far more in his short time on the pitch than either of the hallowed Quaner or Dennis.

I still say he has the potential to be a big player for us. I just wish "supporters" would support him and help his confidence.

Gutted at that result. Totally gutted.

Yep. He got a great shot away from absolutely nothing towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said earlier in the week that I'd be happy for JG to play fringe players and accept a loss in order to protect our major players for the semi-final.

That's exactly how it worked out, so I accept the result.

On Erwin, I criticised him a while back but will hold my hands up and say he has improved. Good against Ross County, OK against Killie and decent again today in the short spell he got on the pitch. Maybe he'll score the winner next week. Let's hope so.

Confident we'll be much better against St. Johnstone.

COYS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’d be the first to agree that Erwin played well when he came on today, but you say it like it somehow negates the fact that he’s been utter dogshite up until today. 
I disagree.
I think he has shown flashes of ability.
In games where he has been honking, there have been others worse than him who have avoided criticism.

Give him a chance. The gaffer obviously sees something in him.

That's enough for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Main points from today 

1. Jim will find it easy to pick his starting 11 for next week 

2. better to get a poor performance out the way this week than next 

3. we are not the old firm and won’t win every game in the league 

We also had 3 teenagers on the pitch today plus a few who are all under 23 years old.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pondsman said:

I said earlier in the week that I'd be happy for JG to play fringe players and accept a loss in order to protect our major players for the semi-final.

That's exactly how it worked out, so I accept the result.

On Erwin, I criticised him a while back but will hold my hands up and say he has improved. Good against Ross County, OK against Killie and decent again today in the short spell he got on the pitch. Maybe he'll score the winner next week. Let's hope so.

Confident we'll be much better against St. Johnstone.

COYS!!

Got to admit I have not been his biggest fan, however he is proving me wrong. His pass out wide for Jay today was absolutely brilliant. He is also holding the ball up well also 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I disagree.
I think he has shown flashes of ability.
In games where he has been honking, there have been others worse than him who have avoided criticism.

Give him a chance. The gaffer obviously sees something in him.

That's enough for me.

He's earned a starting position for next week IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

Going to be a thing of the past

Youngsters do not play on grass these days

You should hear them moaning about grass pitches

I shake my heid remembering the blaes pitches i had to play on

I was talking about paying to watch football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We only looked coherent after we made the second half subs. It was a poor performance but one that just highlighted how much Durmas and McGrath bring to the team. 

Next Sunday will be a very different starting lineup.

On another note, at least the relegation battle is going to fun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I will go for an Uber moan ..shambolic all over the pitch and has been for the bulk of the season.
The manager should thank his lucky stars there has been no crowds in as they wouldn't put up with that dross.
Sadly the defence now looks as nervy as the rest of the team. Doesn't help when the manager cannot work out whether to go with a 3 or a 4, he over thinks everything.

It doesn't help we have played the whole season without a left back, as the one we have on loan proved in the cup semi to not be good enough.

JDH is never a holding midfielder in a million years and I won't start on the boy next to him, as he seems to be a fans favourite, but offers nothing every week.

The seasons almost up and the manager still cannot work out who to play up front.

The only hope for next week is the St.Johnstone goalie loses the power of his arms, the same as the Killie goalie, as he is the reason we have a semi to look forward to.

Absolutely, here we are sitting 8th the league with two games to go and a semi final to look forward too. Some folks on here sound like OF fans with there Uber moaning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a million miles away from a good performance going into a cup semi final but that is not what I want to rant about. I am sick of time wasting in the game, we do it as much as the the next team but to add 3 mins on today was simply cheating... and its a very easy thing to sort stop the clock for subs, stop the clock for injuries and stop the clock for goal kicks, to be honest the only thing I would stop the clock for is throw ins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike all the others on here, I didn’t see the game, but an awful result against a poor team. We were not impressive on Monday albeit scraped through but need a massive improvement next week to stand a chance against probably our bogey team. Surely we can’t yet again bottle it at the final hurdle ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, elvis said:

Goodwin cost the club £100.000 grand at least today.

Did Jim shag yer wife?

Hamilton are fighting for their lives. Took the chances they had. A draw would have been a fairer result. We are not the Arse Cheeks. We have no right to win every week. 
 

If it means we regroup next week and come out guns blazing against St Johnstone and win to take a place in the Scottish Cup final we will soon forget this result.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Two things cost us that game.
Attitude and effort.

We are miles ahead of them on ability.

Even with our youth team, we should have won that match.

So pissed off we have given them a chance of survival!

As for all the Erwin haters... The lad did far more in his short time on the pitch than either of the hallowed Quaner or Dennis.

I still say he has the potential to be a big player for us. I just wish "supporters" would support him and help his confidence.

Gutted at that result. Totally gutted.

Gutted 🤣🤣🤣🤣 losing to Hamilton in a feck all match where the manager made a cnut of it....gutted ffs grow up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slash said:

Did Jim shag yer wife?

Hamilton are fighting for their lives. Took the chances they had. A draw would have been a fairer result. We are not the Arse Cheeks. We have no right to win every week. 
 

If it means we regroup next week and come out guns blazing against St Johnstone and win to take a place in the Scottish Cup final we will soon forget this result.

 

Fighting for their lives🤣ffs its a game of fitba, no fecking Braveheart...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Unlike all the others on here, I didn’t see the game, but an awful result against a poor team. We were not impressive on Monday albeit scraped through but need a massive improvement next week to stand a chance against probably our bogey team. Surely we can’t yet again bottle it at the final hurdle ?

You never seem to see any match ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...