Sign in to follow this  
ICC

St Mirren v Hamilton Accies SPFL Premiership 1/5/21

If we score first, and early, I think Accies heads will go down and we’ll run out easy winners, however, if we lose any early goal .....

I think JG will rest/protect several player for the semi so I expect a much banged lineup.
I’d also love to see Dylan Reid get a decent run out.

COYS !!

Seems I was well wrong ...

14 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I am not an Erwin fan, but to give the man his due he never hides and he occasionally shines, which he did today

He did more than Dennis and Quaner put together when he came on. 

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Yet you post drivel about the manager putting out teams too scared to play. emoji1787.png

Poor troll can't remember what it posts. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Yip, no pressure and he still shites himself, its sat night, go munch yer lego ya clown!

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
2 hours ago, God of war said:
emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png all without no pressure from fans  means absolutely feck all...it's a nothing season...means nothing....

You truly are the Kuntz Kunt.i want ur bellend in me

Strange quote

5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

He did more than Dennis and Quaner put together when he came on. 

I understand what you say, but I think Dennis did OK considering everything seemed to be coming through the middle and both Quaner and himself spent a lot of time chasing the ball, for me dennis did OK, Quaner less so

10 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

You haven’t missed much.....beat Celtic at parkhead for first time in 32 years, put Sevco out the cup (one of only 3 teams in Europe to have beaten them this season) we are two wins away from European football and have the opportunity to finish in our highest spot since the SPL was formed. Apart from that it’s been pretty rotten. 

Thanks for updating me, I hadn’t noticed any of that. 

11 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Have Season ticket but not a laptop etc. Quite happy with bbc 30 second highlights, and radio coverage. Mostly rotten this season anyway.

If you can post on this forum then you could watch all the home games on St Mirren TV. I reckon you are on the wind up.

Here’s the link https://tv.stmirren.com/

11 hours ago, delpierro said:

If we lose the semi, Goodwin, will prob., console himself that we weren't relegated or in the play-off.
If Jim, reads the forum emoji848.png your expectations fall far below that of the supporters.

Since the 1-1 draw with Hamilton our season has gone right down the pan and next week will just put the lid on it .This was shaping up to be a brilliant season two cup finals top six finish instead we bottled it will end up ninth.as for those saying it's been the best season in years why because we avoided the play off we had a better finish under Danny Lennon .Best season in years for being NEARLY GOOD.thats about it .What has happened is that it's turned into the most disappointing season ever in the premier League in my opinion.

Edited by elvis

18 hours ago, penileebud said:

a million miles away from a good performance going into a cup semi final but that is not what I want to rant about. I am sick of time wasting in the game, we do it as much as the the next team but to add 3 mins on today was simply cheating... and its a very easy thing to sort stop the clock for subs, stop the clock for injuries and stop the clock for goal kicks, to be honest the only thing I would stop the clock for is throw ins

I would also introduce a law that after making a substitution, you can't make another substitution for any reason for 10 minutes. Hamilton totally abused the current rule yesterday with a stream of substitutions right at the end for no reason than to soak up time. and it killed the excitement of the end of the game. And there shouldn't be any more subs after the 80 minute mark either.

This needs urgently looking at because I actually quite like the 5 sub rule. Just don't want to see it being abused. By us or any other team because it kills the excitement of the end of the game when one team is chasing a goal.

Edited by oaksoft

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I would also introduce a law that after making a substitution, you can't make another substitution for any reason for 10 minutes. Hamilton totally abused the current rule yesterday with a stream of substitutions right at the end for no reason than to soak up time. and it killed the excitement of the end of the game. And there shouldn't be any more subs after the 80 minute mark either.

This needs urgently looking at because I actually quite like the 5 sub rule. Just don't want to see it being abused. By us or any other team because it kills the excitement of the end of the game when one team is chasing a goal.

So if a goalkeeper receives a kick in the head, that results in concussion then no substitute? I don’t think so,

So if one of your players has his leg broken, you can’t make a substitute? I don’t think you have thought this through properly. It would result in murder ball after each substitution. 

And no subs after 80 minutes? Many injuries to players can result from fatigue, especially to players not long back from injury.

It’s clear that you have never played the game as an adult in a competitive nature. 

2 hours ago, Slash said:

So if a goalkeeper receives a kick in the head, that results in concussion then no substitute? I don’t think so,

So if one of your players has his leg broken, you can’t make a substitute? I don’t think you have thought this through properly. It would result in murder ball after each substitution. 

And no subs after 80 minutes? Many injuries to players can result from fatigue, especially to players not long back from injury.

It’s clear that you have never played the game as an adult in a competitive nature. 

The answer to all those questions is yes.

It wasn't that long ago that we only had 2 substitutions allowed. Pretty sure it wasn't that long ago we didn't have substitutions at all.

That last sentence of yours is utterly irrelevant.

Edited by oaksoft

It wasn't that long ago that we only had 2 substitutions allowed. Pretty sure it wasn't that long ago we didn't have substitutions at all.

Good luck with your proposals. I’m sure they will be well received by the SPFA. 🤡

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

1966 was the year that substitutions started. St Mirren have the honour of being the first team to substitute a player. Archie Gemmell on for Jim Clunie. You must be one of these immortals from Highlander if this feels not that long ago 😂

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

1966 was the year that substitutions started. St Mirren have the honour of being the first team to substitute a player. Archie Gemmell on for Jim Clunie. You must be one of these immortals from Highlander if this feels not that long ago 😂

:lol:

1966......................not that long ago.