St Mirren v Hamilton Accies SPFL Premiership 1/5/21

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

It seems to be forgotten that almost everyone who pays money to watch football does not approve of plastic pitches. Therefore clubs should be compelled to play on grass. 

Going to be a thing of the past

Youngsters do not play on grass these days

You should hear them moaning about grass pitches

I shake my heid remembering the blaes pitches i had to play on

On 4/29/2021 at 12:49 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I still can't get away with the fact it's allowed in spl(at least). Down here the EFL don't  allow it at all even at lg2 level. Harrogate town had to get rid of it at end of last season when they were promoted from national league. They had to play quite a few games at keepmoat stadium, doncaster whilst their ground was being changed back to grass.

“Keepmoat stadium” does the defence just lift the drawbridge in that ground. Poor ball boys retrieving the ball out the water. 🤪

I'm hoping for no more injuries, a good win and a couple of good performances from the younger players.  Our squad is going to look very different next season and the more we can give the youngsters in the next few weeks the better prepared they will be for the next campaign

Excellent piece - thanks for posting the link.

Have read Brookmyre’s books right from the very start when Quite Ugly One Morning was published and loved them all, however, this is the first time I have seen this piece - took me right back to games after school at the “big park” - no width, or the “wee park” - on a 45 degree slope across the pitch.
Fond memories. Magical days.

Saints win, 3-0. 

If we score first, and early, I think Accies heads will go down and we’ll run out easy winners, however, if we lose any early goal .....

I think JG will rest/protect several player for the semi so I expect a much banged lineup.
I’d also love to see Dylan Reid get a decent run out.

COYS !!

11 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

If we score first, and early, I think Accies heads will go down and we’ll run out easy winners, however, if we lose any early goal .....

I think JG will rest/protect several player for the semi so I expect a much banged lineup.
I’d also love to see Dylan Reid get a decent run out.

COYS !!

happy kenneth williams GIFCOYS!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Good feeling watching a game with the cigar out knowing we’ve nothing to play for, good to see what young finlayson is all about, still 3 points please let’s get this Hamilton jobby flushed please 👍🐼