David Cox of Albion Rovers

ICC

51 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I was joking as all spare green has been developed

The next bit is the land next to Windyhill looking on to Dunvegan

I believe that proposal has been pulled. If this is what you are referring to.

On the 15th April….

At the meeting of the Housing Committee yesterday, a Local Development Plan which removed the Auchenlodment Road site was adopted. That is a huge relief, as having no LDP at all was a terrible move, and in terms of Auchenlodment Road this is a positive step forward. The wording is:

“On the basis of the re-insertion of the Golf Driving Range, Johnstone (LDP2057), as a site which will assist in meeting the Housing Land Requirements throughout the Local Development Plan Period, the site at Thriplee Road, Bridge of Weir (LDP2064) and the site at Auchenlodment Road, Elderslie (LDP2053) are no longer required in order to meet the Development Plan Housing Land Requirements.”

23 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There's always the old pool site and that green square yer auld man saunters up and down. emoji6.png

My wife is trying to set up a Community Development Trust to build community facilities on there rather than the council plans to build houses. The land was gifted to the village for recreational purposes. Still in the planning stage, but knowing my wife she will make a difference.

The player who walked away has said that both him and the other player were absolutely going at each with verbal abuse and then the other guy seems to have crossed the line and said this stuff about the suicide.
I think we're going to have to wait and see exactly what these two players were saying to each other.
One of the Stenny boys appears to have crossed the line but i'd be interested to hear the contents of the "bit of to & fro".
The fella has been found guilty without a chance of reply (yet)

Was it crossing the line by nastiness, ignorance, stupidity or a response to something said at him?

Regardless, it's a comment that shouldn't have been said.

Ian Botham's reply to Rod Marsh's sledging "how's your wife & my kids of "the wife's fine, the kids are retarded" is still considered one of the best ever put downs.

Where is the line though?

7 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

One of the Stenny boys appears to have crossed the line but i'd be interested to hear the contents of the "bit of to & fro".
The fella has been found guilty without a chance of reply (yet)

Was it crossing the line by nastiness, ignorance, stupidity or a response to something said at him?

Regardless, it's a comment that shouldn't have been said.

Ian Botham's reply to Rod Marsh's sledging "how's your wife & my kids of "the wife's fine, the kids are retarded" is still considered one of the best ever put downs.

Where is the line though?

Makes you wonder whether Cox was remotely thinking about the mental health of the other player when he was chucking personal abuse at him. It works both ways. You can't be abusing a fellow human and then complaining when they touch a nerve.

I always get a red flag when I hear one side of a story like this.

Having said that though, I would personally not cross that particular line. During verbals, I'm either defending myself or taking someone down a peg or two. I'm not trying to get the guy to actually top himself or even consider doing that. I'd rather walk away with a bruised ego than make comments about a suicide attempt.

That Botham put down is fantastic BTW.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

RAF Witchford during the coldest winter of the 20th Century - the roads were blocked and we couldn't get off the base.. 

Birth registered in Ely - the smallest city in the UK. 

@Eric Arthur Blair :P 

Er...  St David’s or mibbe City of London, surely?

By what measure did you think that of Ely?  Smallest in England, probably...

just found this: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_smallest_cities_in_the_United_Kingdom

RAF Witchford during the coldest winter of the 20th Century - the roads were blocked and we couldn't get off the base.. 
[mention=12059]Eric Arthur Blair[/mention]  
Is Ely not just the smallest "cathedral city" in England (and mibbe the UK)?

22 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

@Eric Arthur Blair :P 

Smallest in England is Wells.

Smallest in UK is St. David's in Wales.

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Thought it was the City of London which is marginally over 1 square mile.

My wiki link above proves you both right.

"Smallest" could be the city area or its population size.

(or size of the larger community it represents IIRC.)

I was joking as all spare green has been developed
The next bit is the land next to Windyhill looking on to Dunvegan
The land at very top of Newton Avenue where the Green keeper's house was has been zoned for housing.