UEFA License refused

Was browsing P & B and came across this on the Livingston thread, as someone was discussing the refusal of their UEFA Licence.

Seems that we've been refused too. I wonder why.

Next review scheduled for 2022. So, even in the unlikely event of us winning the cup, looks like we wouldn't be able to take our place.

scottish-fa-club-licensing-awards-april-2021.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

image.png.95c44ad83380cd290b33f1332ae1ad82.png

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Was browsing P & B and came across this on the Livingston thread, as someone was discussing the refusal of their UEFA Licence.

Next review scheduled for 2022. So, even in the unlikely event of us winning the cup, looks like we wouldn't be able to take our place.

Eh?

No idea what this is about.

Never heard of this ranking before, or seen this schedule, however, if I’m reading it correctly, Accies and Livi have had their licenses refused, but the committee will be reviewing again in June 2021 a and Hibs in September.

Why wouldn’t they be reviewing ours too ?

Gold award but UEFA License refused ?

Expect one of our much more knowledgeable forum members will explain it all later.

38 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

No idea what this is about.

Never heard of this ranking before, or seen this schedule, however, if I’m reading it correctly, Accies and Livi have had their licenses refused, but the committee will be reviewing again in June 2021 a and Hibs in September.

Why wouldn’t they be reviewing ours too ?

Gold award but UEFA License refused ?

Expect one of our much more knowledgeable forum members will explain it all later.

Where's Faraway when we need him :whistle 

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

Suggestions are you need 8000 seats to meet criteria. As we installed the disabled area, it’s thought our capacity dips below that limit as we lost at least two rows in that section. I’ve written to Tony F to request clarification. 

If that's the case ?  I reckon they should get their arse in gear and install some temporary seating in at least one of the corners to make up the number, shouldn't be too hard to do 

11 hours ago, Slash said:

Suggestions are you need 8000 seats to meet criteria. As we installed the disabled area, it’s thought our capacity dips below that limit as we lost at least two rows in that section. I’ve written to Tony F to request clarification. 

Just had a quick scan of the Europa League preliminary rounds last season, only one of 14 competing teams has a stadium with a capacity over 8,000. Is this a new thing for the coming season? If so it is a farce because it'll wipe out many eligible teams from smaller nations. The irony in their "closed shop" moans around the Super League. 

23 minutes ago, JPB1957 said:

I am sure the stadium capacity is not the only problem as a team can play in any stadium. Many teams from other countries play in grounds of other teams or their national stadium

Did a certain  Glasgow club not use our ground for "home" games a few years ago? The temporary Celtic shop at St Mirren Park has ruffled some feathers

UEFA won't give a shit about us, so whatever it is we'll need to sort it. 

When you look around some of the shitholes the early games are played fans are sitting on wooden benches and concrete you would think it can't be to big a issue or is it.   

The Sun saying we have contacted the SFA tells me it's a big problem {hopefully not}  Watching The Celtic games in the Europe I noticed the lower rows in the stadium were never getting used, maybe there's a minimum distance you need from the field of play, that would be a major problem for us 

What I want to know is, given all the talk about top 4 and top 6 (which I fully support) and us nearly making the latter and getting close to a Cup final already, why the f**k has something like this not already been identified and resolved at least a year ago?

This shouldn't even be an issue. All the focus should be on winning this Cup.

Someone hasn't done their job.

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

We are breaking the FFP apparently.

If that's the case you would hope an appeal would be shooty in. "Covid impacting bottom-line linked to previously agreed commitments" 

It's also mental how a team like New Rangers who have never once turned a profit in their history can pass FFP rules where we can't.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

What I want to know is, given all the talk about top 4 and top 6 (which I fully support) and us nearly making the latter and getting close to a Cup final already, why the f**k has something like this not already been identified and resolved at least a year ago?

This shouldn't even be an issue. All the focus should be on winning this Cup.

Someone hasn't done their job.

I blame you, you seem to know everything else that's going on, so why not this?