Kilmarnock V Saints

I'm unsure how this game will turn out. A few weeks ago I'd have said Buddies would win, but now.....? 

After Sunday our lads will be feeling a bit down. Has JG been able to lift them to give a good performance? We'll see tonight. There's also the question of how those players who are leaving the club will play. Will they put in the full effort for these last two games or are they just focussed on the next stage of their careers? That also will become clear tonight.

Maybe the best we can say for the game is that it will be a pointer to how we are likely to fare against DUFC on Saturday. Do well tonight and we are back on track for Saturday. A poor performance tonight will surely mean we'll get the same on Saturday.

Nevertheless, as always.....COYS!!

Funny, a lot have said in the past, wouldn't it be great to get a boring season for once, well this season has been far from that on all fronts of league and cups.... however with 2 games to go its become pretty meaningless in the great scheme of things...

I don't even think I have seen a "must win" on here since October, when we were bottom, COVID ed up to the eye balls, sanctions pending and then actioned, then retracted.....

Jim and the players have received a lot of plaudits this season, in taking us from fodder to the edge of something special, but it looks like we just aren't good enough yet, to make that next step, and hopefully that's what our BOD are reflecting on...

We will back in our seats in August, seeing at first hand the whole picture, and I have confidence that Jim will again plunder the Emerald Isle and with success, but this time Jim ,find a goal scorer, maybe even Lafferty will be up for grabs, because with a talisman like that, fit in mind and body we really could be a Top 6 team.

We have good pace, but midfield for me has been a concern, good in the channels , but poor driving us forward, ala Steve Davis.... or even better, a fit Flynn, the carrot is there now for 4th or 5th in the league = Potential millions,  and Livi and Fakes are the bar we need to achieve....

So I do hope we dump Killie out tonight, County beat Accies , and we then welcome Hearts and Dundee back, with fans, grass and history. 

23 hours ago, oaksoft said:

How many times this season are you going to accuse our team of lacking in desire before a ball is even kicked? :lol:

Killie won't have played for 10 days and might be rusty. We might be a bit leggy after Sunday. Make no mistake though. We'll turn up hungry to win that game.

No sure if I’m getting whooshed with this one, but I don’t think I’ve ever accused the team of lacking desire this season, especially before a ball is kicked.

I just think that on this occasion human nature will kick in with the feeling that our season is all but over while Killie still have everything to play for. Yes we can still try to finish 7th, but I think that sort of thing is more important to the club than it is to the players. Hopefully I’m wrong and natural competitive desire will trump end of season apathy. Time will tell. 

21 minutes ago, Slash said:

I hope we fcuking pump Killie tonight with a Brophy hat trick and rounded off with Broadfoot getting sent off.

Let’s send them down to the Championship where they can reacquaint themselves with Ayr United.

Hamilton can go via the play off route. 

I don’t buy into this “they bring a big crowd” so we should keep them in the league. They are more likely to finish above us most seasons so lets get rid of them so that we can climb higher in the table and get financial rewards via league placings and possible European fitba.

I’d love to see Killie and Hamilton both go down for their plastic pitches. Livingston can go down next year.

Did I say that Broadfoot is a two faced cnut? Feck them. Intae them Saints.

I like the cut of your jib youngfellamelad. 👍

Alas Brophy is a loan signing at present and can't play against his parent club

I hope we fcuking pump Killie tonight with a Brophy hat trick and rounded off with Broadfoot getting sent off.
Let’s send them down to the Championship where they can reacquaint themselves with Ayr United.
Hamilton can go via the play off route. 
I don’t buy into this “they bring a big crowd” so we should keep them in the league. They are more likely to finish above us most seasons so lets get rid of them so that we can climb higher in the table and get financial rewards via league placings and possible European fitba.
I’d love to see Killie and Hamilton both go down for their plastic pitches. Livingston can go down next year.
Did I say that Broadfoot is a two faced cnut? Feck them. Intae them Saints.

15 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Alas Brophy is a loan signing at present and can't play against his parent club

I thought we ended up agreeing permanent terms did we not?

Maybe it was just getting agreement for him to come in January and I’m getting mixed up. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

19 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Defo on loan till end of season.

I'd put him back after loan, he offers feck all....what is it now 8 games without a goal...fits in with other guys in the striker position!!!

On a slightly off topic thought i think our Dennis and Brophy could form a half decent partnership next season. Brophy came to us with a fractired foot and has not had the time to properly settle or get game time to form a partnership even Dennis has been out for some time but you can see he is at least half a yard ahead in his head compared to Obika n Quaner. If those 2 arent here next season not biggy for me.

I'd put him back after loan, he offers feck all....what is it now 8 games without a goal...fits in with other guys in the striker position!!!
Obika looked like he was joining that non scoring striker list until his first goal v St Johnstone last season but since then he has outscored Mullen, Cooke, Jakubiak, Chabi, Morias, Erwin, Dennis, Brophy and Quaner but sits on bench most weeks.

3 hours ago, God of war said:

That's an idea.  So after breaching the pre-contract agreement we will have to pay him 3 years wages plus compensation. Of course, there will also be the legal costs to add on top of that.

Are you going to try for a seat on the board when the fan ownership kicks in?