Kilmarnock V Saints

Well that was 1 strange game  :lol:

Thankfully our keeper was on form at the end of the game,

Undefeated on plastic this season,

Ref was shite,

Excellent goals scored by both teams,

Oh and finally, that turd called Hamilton has finally been flush away down to the championship  :byebye

1 minute ago, Slash said:

I’m not sure that is entirely true. He has had numerous chances to shine and has not been consistent enough.

The game was stretched tonight because Killie needed the three points, which favoured Dylan. I’d like him to stay, but Goodwin may get someone more consistent. You only need to see how effective Burke has been for Killie every time he has played against us.

How many games has he started?

I don't think he's had the game time to say one way or the other but what I've seen he's got more to offer thansome of our players. 

4 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Pity Connolly is leaving at the end of the season, he had more to offer than we actually got to see.

Not done enough for me. 

Need someone to be a lot more consistent than he had been. 

I’m not sure that is entirely true. He has had numerous chances to shine and has not been consistent enough.
The game was stretched tonight because Killie needed the three points, which favoured Dylan. I’d like him to stay, but Goodwin may get someone more consistent. You only need to see how effective Burke has been for Killie every time he has played against us.
I do think Connolly has suffered because of formation but I agree with the point you make.

The problem is our midfield is struggling to impose itself and our defence gets over-run.
Don't know if it's the formation or the players but that's been our problem all season.

There was no midfield battle to lose tonight. Killie just looked to go long to Lafferty or Burke and feed off that all night. We had tons of possession, most of it passive nonsense in the 1st half but Connolly got us going out wide 2nd half and we suddenly looked dangerous.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

More than I thought, starts, but 14 sub appearances, inconclusive.

All down to opinions, I think he's got enough to offer us something. 

If JG went and played 4 4 2 or 4 4 1 1  then with connolly and durmus  playing as out and out wingers we may have fared better. Who knows tho. I'm just old school and think that's how footy should be played

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

BTW, at no point did I think we were going to lose that game. Even at 2-0 and 3-2 down.

If we've learned one thing about this squad, it's that they don't f**king give up.

Ever.

Against any opposition.

At any venue.

When that ball from Jay fell to Cammy, I was already cheering before he hit it.

Great to see Quaner get a goal as well.

Dylan was in great form when he came on but I notice he didn't try to take on their defence that much. His balls into the strikers were excellent.

Jay was fantastic again tonight, really getting stuck in. Wiped out Burke who is about 5 times his size.

No idea where Flynn was playing. Central defence?

Another tough night for Daniel but it's one of those positions where you're up against any skilful winger the opposition has and he gave everything despite being a bit exposed by our midfield. Those 2 games will be brilliant experience for him.

If we can sort out that midfield, I think we're going to be very strong next season.

I like your confidence. I genuinely thought we would lose right up to the ref's final whistle. Some great stops again by the big goalie. COYS.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
7 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:
Interestingly killie play hamilton on Saturday, no pressure on hamilton really they need a 19 goal win to overtake killieemoji1787.png. Pressure is all on killie, going for a hamilton win

9 goals not 19 !!!

Unless league table got it wrong-31 to -13 is 18 so 19 needed to change positions, anyway not worth getting into a debate about👍

Unless league table got it wrong-31 to -13 is 18 so 19 needed to change positions, anyway not worth getting into a debate about[emoji106]
If they win 9-0 they go above Killie on goals scored with both finishing on -22 goal difference.