St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Premiership 16/5/21

10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Highest finish since 1989 I believe...  I think that's a good reason to celebrate 

Anyone fancy heading to the town centre and wrecking the place 

And then we can knock 7 shades out of each other.

14 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Highest finish since 1989 I believe...  I think that's a good reason to celebrate 

Anyone fancy heading to the town centre and wrecking the place 

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

And then we can knock 7 shades out of each other.

Me and Jimmy H heading to downtown St. Helier to smash it up and have a tear up with some Jersey Bulls fans. 
Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Great season 🤣🤣 only 6 points ahead of Ross County who won same amount of games, get real... 

Edited by Guest

A typical end of season game but great that we got the 7th place finish. We deserved that over the season and feared that we would drift down the table after missing top 6. 
we were comfortable in possession, although we seemed to panic when they went down to 10. Brophy looked fit and sharp today which was nice to see. Cammy and Jamie very good on link up. 

Agree, pretty entertaining for a 0-0.
I also thought Brophy looked very good today and liked the fact he’s not shy about shooting - we’ve been missing that for years.

Connolly looked much better today and may have persuade JG to offer him a new contract.

There will be a number leaving, but I have every confidence that we’ll replace them with better.

Looking forward to next season already.

It’ll be a long summer ....

I thought Brophy was fecking awful, whats that ten games without a goal? Has he even had a shot on target? ...as for Erahon, he is fecking honking...

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ah , I see the idiots have emerged 🙄

U emerged earlier, u must have some-kind of air of superiority that u think your opion matters more than others...

Agree, pretty entertaining for a 0-0.
I also thought Brophy looked very good today and liked the fact he’s not shy about shooting - we’ve been missing that for years.

Connolly looked much better today and may have persuade JG to offer him a new contract.

There will be a number leaving, but I have every confidence that we’ll replace them with better.

Looking forward to next season already.

It’ll be a long summer ....

The Kilmarnock fans i know lost patience with Brophy constantly "never eyeing up the other options available and constantly shooting from 25/30 yards out every match to maybe score 1 a season".

As for Connolly would be a decent player if he could actually cross the ball.

Overall a successful season and progress but some missed opportunities and room for improvement. 

I think today was another opportunity for us to take the initiative but it just doesn’t happen. You had Goodwin at the end saying we took a gamble in settling for a 0-0 against 10 men because we knew ‘Well were losing. I just wish it wasn’t coming to that as I feel that comes back to bite us. Maybe not today, but it does other times. 

We need to get better at attacking a game and in the final third. A fair bit of work to do in recruitment if Durmus is gone and Obika is one less decent option, while we retain Erwin. I did think Brophy looked sharper today and with him and Dennis we have 2 good options. If we can get another decent striker in and a couple of wingers/midfielders to improve the quality - and a proper game plan to support us going forward rather than hoping just to nick a goal and then see out a game - then we’ll be in a good place. 

Going to be a more competitive league you’d think next year with Hearts back but one to look forward to and fans getting back into stadiums. 

When are the new strips out? 😬

Would be happy to see back of

Obika, Doyle-hayes

Erahon, McAllister if we can get rid and Erwin.

Would like Durmus to say and no fussed about Connolly...

Shaunessey can stay as back up and sign new centre-back as well as left-back. Two midfielders, winger and two strikers.

Overall a successful season and progress but some missed opportunities and room for improvement. 

I think today was another opportunity for us to take the initiative but it just doesn’t happen. You had Goodwin at the end saying we took a gamble in settling for a 0-0 against 10 men because we knew ‘Well were losing. I just wish it wasn’t coming to that as I feel that comes back to bite us. Maybe not today, but it does other times. 

I did think Brophy looked sharper today and with him and Dennis we have 2 good options. If we can get another decent striker in.

When are the new strips out?

When did we get our first decent striker in???

45 minutes ago, Maboza said:

We need to get better at attacking a game and in the final third. A fair bit of work to do in recruitment if Durmus is gone and Obika is one less decent option, while we retain Erwin. I did think Brophy looked sharper today and with him and Dennis we have 2 good options. If we can get another decent striker in and a couple of wingers/midfielders to improve the quality - and a proper game plan to support us going forward rather than hoping just to nick a goal and then see out a game - then we’ll be in a good place. 

Going to be a more competitive league you’d think next year with Hearts back but one to look forward to and fans getting back into stadiums. 

When are the new strips out? 😬

I dont for the life of me understand why any manager never mind ours would play for a draw I think its scandolus having a mindset like that it has cost us top six this season and to do it against ten men is unforgivable.

I dont for the life of me understand why any manager never mind ours would play for a draw I think its scandolus having a mindset like that it has cost us top six this season and to do it against ten men is unforgivable.
That negative attitude cost us in the 2 semi finals too.

1 hour ago, God of war said:

I thought Brophy was fecking awful, whats that ten games without a goal? Has he even had a shot on target? ...as for Erahon, he is fecking honking...

His last kick of the ball today was a shot that the keeper had to tip over the bar but don't let things like facts stand in the way of your pointless ramblings.

His last kick of the ball today was a shot that the keeper had to tip over the bar but don't let things like facts stand in the way of your pointless ramblings.
You have an advantage over it, you watched it and weren't suffering from a hangover from partying in George Square.

26 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You have an advantage over it, you watched it and weren't suffering from a hangover from partying in George Square. emoji6.png

Were u?