ICC

St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Premiership 16/5/21

The bit about cups is total bollocks. If you don't win a cup the campaign can be consigned to the bin....GTF with that shite. Come clean mate and be honest and tell us what you really don't like about Goodwins tenure as to date it has been a story of constant improvement ?
Have you ever reminisced about 2018, 2013, 2006, 2000 or 1987 all trophy winning seasons i have loads of times.

I certainly don't reminisce about the seasons we lost in finals and semi finals i couldn't even tell you all the years they were in but i could tell you 90% of players and stats from the winning years above.

In a years time no c**t will be glorifying losing 2 semi finals like they are now.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Have you ever reminisced about 2018, 2013, 2006, 2000 or 1987 all trophy winning seasons i have loads of times.

I certainly don't reminisce about the seasons we lost in finals and semi finals i couldn't even tell you all the years they were in but i could tell you 90% of players and stats from the winning years above.

In a years time no c**t will be glorifying losing 2 semi finals like they are now.

The 2 semi finals, glorifying :lol:, are PART of our season which MOST people are including in our season of reasonable success. 

You, by belittling the semi finals, are, again , trying to diminish how a team who have narrowly escaped relegation the last two season, have IMPROVED. 

The higher you finish in the league and the further you go in the two national cups ARE a definite measure of success. 

44 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:
To be fair to the Motherwell fans alot of debate on Twitter and P&B between our 2 sets of fans stemmed from some St Mirren fans constantly posting about our best season in 30 years while Motherwell fans were posting about their worst in 20 years but until today they were above us in the league and they weren't slow to remind us we hadn't finished above them in league for years and years.

We would have responded the same if it was other way round.

I have never used twitter and it's been years since I used P&B so I'm not talking about them or anything that's been said this season. I'm talking about something that has been going on for decades. They like us, are an above average "sized" club (in respect of Scottish football) but for literally decades their supporters have regarded them as a "big" club instead of a similar sized club to the likes of ourselves, Killie, etc, who just happen to be having a better than average run of being less shite. They'll need to start counting again now.

It was only one fan who posted about the best season in 30 years. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I’m sure no one will reminisce about this season! Think a lot of people, myself included, simply acknowledge progress is being made. It might lead no where but I’m quite optimistic decent recruitment this summer will see us better placed next year. Admittedly I also think the league will be harder next year. 

I’m sure no one will reminisce about this season! Think a lot of people, myself included, simply acknowledge progress is being made. It might lead no where but I’m quite optimistic decent recruitment this summer will see us better placed next year. Admittedly I also think the league will be harder next year. 
I also acknowledged on numerous occasions that progress was being made but from some posts on here and elsewhere i thought we were performing like Man City this season.

Our season this season for us has been good for other teams of similar size i e Motherwell might describe the season as average.

Agree with what you say next season will be alot harder but again some fans on various places have us almost guaranteed Top 6 next season already.

Right now i would take 10th above Livingston and Ross County and win a cup now that would be Brilliant, Amazing, Superb, Fantastic.

For me I would sum the season up as comfortable. We, probably from January onwards and after we got the points deduction reversed, gained enough momentum and points to (on hindsight) take the usual relegation dogfight away. We also achieved some good away results this season that helped massively. That, in my view, is the ‘success’

as for the cup semi finals, I would have to agree with Ronnie’s view whereby going out at that stage does not amount to success. I firmly believe that we were sucked into the hype of both teams we played in the semis were on form at the time and, to a large degree, negated our tactics and confidence.   
but, all in all, a 7th place finish is progress so well done to the boys for that. 

That reminds me of the big fight at the biscuit factory the other night.
Two bandits hit a penguin over the head with a club and then made a breakaway in a taxi. 
They say the auld ones are the best ... but it's not always true.

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

What exactly do you know about how i measure success or failure???

Over last few weeks before season had even finished i saw posts galore from St Mirren fans hailing this season as Amazing, Brilliant, best in my lifetime,.

If we had finished 9th which was a real possibility i would have labelled season as Average as we finished 7th imo it's a good season a hell of alot of performances from the players and the manager could have been better but overall to finish 7th is higher than most of us could have hoped for so happy with that.

History will tell you though we lost in the cups again what round we lost is in again imo is irrelevant.

I can’t really go on anything other than what you’ve posted on here....there are some fans who have never seen us finish higher than this season‘s efforts, that’s a fact. We didn’t finish 9th so anything else is irrelevant.
I have followed St Mirren for 50 years and the only season I remember being in the semi-finals of the two relevant domestic cups was in the early 80’s (statto’s please prove me wrong) which was the springboard for European campaigns and our Scottish Cup win in 87.

You may think that your expectations hold some sort of gravitas but this has certainly been a better than average season....did I hope for more, well yes. Will I criticise what we’ve got based on the last 30 years or so, not a chance....some people have glasses that are half full and others criticise, c’est la vie 🏁🏁

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I don't see anyone glorifying the cup semi finals, but I do see you dismissing them, you really must have a weird sense of attainment, so am i correct in thinking that 'in your opinion' 

1;  there is no point in playing in a league........unless you win

2;  no point in entering a cup either.............. unless you win it

3;  why bother starting a game .............unless you are sure you can win

4; not much point in even getting out of bed in the morning is there?  ....... when you simply need to get back in later in the day.

5; come to think of it when you were born............... you should of tuned round and crawled back in

I don't see anyone glorifying the cup semi finals, but I do see you dismissing them, you really must have a weird sense of attainment, so am i correct in thinking that 'in your opinion' 
1;  there is no point in playing in a league........unless you win
2;  no point in entering a cup either.............. unless you win it
3;  why bother starting a game .............unless you are sure you can win
4; not much point in even getting out of bed in the morning is there?  ....... when you simply need to get back in later in the day.
5; come to think of it when you were born............... you should of tuned round and crawled back in
I agree with number 4.