Steven Thompson

18 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Nope, he didn’t grow up in Kilbarchan.

Ok, my families have known the Campbells/ Thompsons for 60 years, I would check with my Dad but he is dead, so next time I see Steven's brother Paul ( who lives in Houston) I will double check

34 minutes ago, Slash said:

I could always text the big man himself, but it would be a bit strange me asking the question - unless I said “settle a pub garden question big man!”.

I know Thommo lived beside Barry Lavety, and I’ve always believed they both stayed in Houston. I’m sure he has told me in the past anyway. They went to Houston Primary and then onto Gryffe as I knew their Geography teacher at Gryffe very well as he lived over the fence from me in Paisley.

If they stayed in Kilbarchan the high school they attended would have been Johnstone High. 

All the Thommo banners wishing “Good Luck” before the 2013 League Cup were positioned in Houston.

If anyone was a betting man, they would say I’m odds on. 😂 

Yup - I grew up In Kilbarchan and similar ages. Given there’s two parks to play fitba, I’m pretty convinced we’d have crossed paths.

I think there’s an interview somewhere where he talks about growing up on the same street as Basher. In fact - quick google says so.

3 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Yup - I grew up In Kilbarchan and similar ages. Given there’s two parks to play fitba, I’m pretty convinced we’d have crossed paths.

I think there’s an interview somewhere where he talks about growing up on the same street as Basher. In fact - quick google says so.

Makes you wonder why the thread/question was raised in the first place? 

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, bentracher5 said:

This is exactly howston this is in the first place. And secondly, I am convinced and speak again. INTERNET HELP!

I agree with everything that was said above, now everything is different, in the past we wrote essays ourselves, but now it can be found on the Internet. I do not know what will happen next, only time will tell. Nowadays, children only sit on phones and that's it. Even if we take an example from school, we read William Shakespeare, for example, Macbeth, and now it is not (children do not read). It's good that there is a useful site with a limitless amount of information. Where to find an essay is very, very simple. At least here children can read something and learn something.

7 hours ago, petercrauch54 said:

I agree with everything that was said above, now everything is different, in the past we wrote essays ourselves, but now it can be found on the Internet. I do not know what will happen next, only time will tell. Nowadays, children only sit on phones and that's it. Even if we take an example from school, we read William Shakespeare, for example, Macbeth, and now it is not (children do not read). It's good that there is a useful site with a limitless amount of information. Where to find an essay is very, very simple. At least here children can read something and learn something.

I cannot disagree. Now everyone is on the Internet and few people read useful books. Children become unread. By the way, I also read William Shakespeare's Macbeth click here on a very steep platform. And I advise everyone to develop and read a lot. I tell you this as a person who writes essays on various topics.

3 hours ago, archyblueter23 said:

I cannot disagree. Now everyone is on the Internet and few people read useful books. Children become unread. By the way, I also read William Shakespeare's Macbeth click here on a very steep platform. And I advise everyone to develop and read a lot. I tell you this as a person who writes essays on various topics.

• 1 year later...