Hello.........Hello..........

HSS

Irvine welsh called it correct, Rangers with out the bigotry = Patrick Thistle. They were nothing until anti catholic feeling amongst ship yard workers united that hatred and joined them together to support Rangers against the catholic workers team, Celtic. Prior to that they weren’t a particularly big deal. For Rangers to say it has no place in their club is to deny their club. 

This time it’s the blue side of the ugly sisters. Equally it could be the green side. I am hearing Celtic friends condemn this but they never understand it takes two to tango. Don’t see them commenting when it’s the Green Brigade etc. 

Last month everybody was up in arms about the racist comments made against a rangers player. Isn’t a bit sanctimonious of the west of Scotland society that condemn that but find the bile from rangers and Celtic pefectly acceptable.

Not excusing them, but the sad part is that those same players who were abused, were probably singing but don’t actually know what they were singing about in the video. Given fact most of the team are from overseas they are just repeating the rubbish they hear each week on the terraces  

We all know that at every game we will be subjected to the hatred that is the Old Firm bigotry yet nobody seems to hear the songs at the SFA, SPFL and Holyrood. 

Money makes this bile acceptable.  Maybe when we get the “say no to racism” campaign, we need to look a bit closer to home at bigotry.

sadly we all know that not going to happen as it’s the ugly sisters pulling the strings  

Edited by bonzoboys

7 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

This time it’s the blue side of the ugly sisters. Equally it could be the green side. I am hearing Celtic friends condemn this but they never understand it takes two to tango. Don’t see them commenting when it’s the Green Brigade etc. 

Last month everybody was up in arms about the racist comments made against a rangers player. Isn’t a bit sanctimonious of the west of Scotland society that condemn that but find the bile from rangers and Celtic pefectly acceptable.

Not excusing them, but the sad part is that those same players who were abused, were probably singing but don’t actually know what they were singing about in the video. Given fact most of the team are from overseas they are just repeating the rubbish they hear each week on the terraces  

We all know that at every game we will be subjected to the hatred that is the Old Firm bigotry yet nobody seems to hear the songs at the SFA, SPFL and Holyrood. 

Money makes this bile acceptable.  Maybe when we get the “say no to racism” campaign, we need to look a bit closer to home at bigotry.

sadly we all know that not going to happen as it’s the ugly sisters pulling the strings  

Wait... Didn't there used to be a law against that sort of thing?

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

You are 100% correct. It’s fcuking disgraceful that both teams supporters have breached UEFA regulations and the clubs has been fined for their behaviour yet nothing is done for their repeated behaviour up and down the country every week. 

We have all experienced issues at Ibrox or Parkhead where sectarian abuse, coins, pies, etc are hurled at us yet the police and stewards do nothing. If you ever ask the police what they are going to do the response is “If you don’t like it then leave - if you carry on complaining I’ll make you leave so sit down and shut up!”

We have all seen worse incidents at Love Street and Greenhill Road over decades. You regularly see them before games drinking and urinating in the street, before entering the ground to sing songs with no place in society and behave with impunity by breaking the laws. The police never intervene. The directive from the police match commander is “get them into the ground and out again with the minimum of fuss.” I know that because at numerous club AGMs when I have asked the question why the police take no action on illegal behaviour that was the feedback given by Stewart Gilmour. For a number of years those two Glasgow clubs provided their own stewards for matches at our ground. I’m not sure whether that still happens but I will ask the question of our SLO.

Yet we have all seen the complete reverse attitude by the police and stewards when dealing with fans of Motherwell, Ross County, Inverness as examples.

I asked at the recent SMiSA AGM “will there be a members vote on the issue of closing our family stand to our fans during games against the two arse cheeks when we take over the club?” The response I was given was that this would be a Club Board decision and would likely be in favour of the financial argument of the bigot pound. I believe our club needs to make a stand. Be the first in the country to stand up and be counted. If we can reduce their numbers, get the police to actually handle the loutish behaviour in the ground and use the expensive CCTV facilities that we have to prosecute then we may see other clubs do the same. It’s time for direct action. Nothing will ever change unless we do something positive.

I’m willing to take these concerns to our club via the official process. I also plan to write to our local MSPs.

I would also like to have a meeting with the police match commander, the chief executive, our MSPs and our SLOs. 

We may not change the BoDs view on the family stand, but if we can ensure that the police and stewards carry out the role that legally they are there to enforce them progress will be made. The police and stewards are paid to do the same job whether that is Celtic or The Rangers, Brechin City or Motherwell.

If people think it would be worth it I could also write to other non OF clubs SLO’s.

I’m going to change my username to Che Guevara. How do I do that?

I’d be keen to receive feedback (a like on the post is sufficient) on what I’ve written, and whether there is anything that needs to change or be added. Thanks.

Maybe were not voicing our opinion on this strongly enough Yflab 

The BOD might soon have to decide who's pound they value most, 

If it was my call I'd make it abundantly clear to both clubs and their fans, any sectarian singing at all in and around our stadium and they'll be no more tickets for there next visit.. { I feel strongly enough I'd be willing as a season ticket holder to pay for the game to compensate the club for the loss of revenue} It's about time we all made a stand against them, instead of just pointing the finger at the police the government or the Scottish Football Association to sort the problem.

I believe the best way to solve this is for all the other clubs to work together and make a stand. It's as much our game as it is theirs,

If the other clubs do nothing,  then what we witnessed on Saturday will happen again, next time the league could be won or lost at our stadium,  and The SMISA Stadium may end up looking like a war zone just like George Square 

33 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Maybe were not voicing our opinion on this strongly enough Yflab 

The BOD might soon have to decide who's pound they value most, 

If it was my call I'd make it abundantly clear to both clubs and their fans, any sectarian singing at all in and around our stadium and they'll be no more tickets for there next visit.. { I feel strongly enough I'd be willing as a season ticket holder to pay for the game to compensate the club for the loss of revenue} It's about time we all made a stand against them, instead of just pointing the finger at the police the government or the Scottish Football Association to sort the problem.

I believe the best way to solve this is for all the other clubs to work together and make a stand. It's as much our game as it is theirs,

If the other clubs do nothing,  then what we witnessed on Saturday will happen again, next time the league could be won or lost at our stadium,  and The SMISA Stadium may end up looking like a war zone just like George Square 

The Smisa funding ,if it keeps going would pay for any shortfall in income from not giving the OF the family stand ,so it can be done.

8 hours ago, Yflab said:

You are 100% correct. It’s fcuking disgraceful that both teams supporters have breached UEFA regulations and the clubs has been fined for their behaviour yet nothing is done for their repeated behaviour up and down the country every week. 

We have all experienced issues at Ibrox or Parkhead where sectarian abuse, coins, pies, etc are hurled at us yet the police and stewards do nothing. If you ever ask the police what they are going to do the response is “If you don’t like it then leave - if you carry on complaining I’ll make you leave so sit down and shut up!”

We have all seen worse incidents at Love Street and Greenhill Road over decades. You regularly see them before games drinking and urinating in the street, before entering the ground to sing songs with no place in society and behave with impunity by breaking the laws. The police never intervene. The directive from the police match commander is “get them into the ground and out again with the minimum of fuss.” I know that because at numerous club AGMs when I have asked the question why the police take no action on illegal behaviour that was the feedback given by Stewart Gilmour. For a number of years those two Glasgow clubs provided their own stewards for matches at our ground. I’m not sure whether that still happens but I will ask the question of our SLO.

Yet we have all seen the complete reverse attitude by the police and stewards when dealing with fans of Motherwell, Ross County, Inverness as examples.

I asked at the recent SMiSA AGM “will there be a members vote on the issue of closing our family stand to our fans during games against the two arse cheeks when we take over the club?” The response I was given was that this would be a Club Board decision and would likely be in favour of the financial argument of the bigot pound. I believe our club needs to make a stand. Be the first in the country to stand up and be counted. If we can reduce their numbers, get the police to actually handle the loutish behaviour in the ground and use the expensive CCTV facilities that we have to prosecute then we may see other clubs do the same. It’s time for direct action. Nothing will ever change unless we do something positive.

I’m willing to take these concerns to our club via the official process. I also plan to write to our local MSPs.

I would also like to have a meeting with the police match commander, the chief executive, our MSPs and our SLOs. 

We may not change the BoDs view on the family stand, but if we can ensure that the police and stewards carry out the role that legally they are there to enforce them progress will be made. The police and stewards are paid to do the same job whether that is Celtic or The Rangers, Brechin City or Motherwell.

If people think it would be worth it I could also write to other non OF clubs SLO’s.

I’m going to change my username to Che Guevara. How do I do that?

I’d be keen to receive feedback (a like on the post is sufficient) on what I’ve written, and whether there is anything that needs to change or be added. Thanks.

It might also be worth getting a campaign from other non old firm team supporters to film the bile everyone else has to put up with and sent all the clips to SFA and UEFA. If the evidence is all in the one public place the pressure might mount. Although as others have said, sadly money talks and the bigoted pound is a powerful force. 

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Good luck with that. Just words no actions just carry on regardless. Depressing staying in our country at times. No one take blame for their own actions just the routine what outcry. I have always blamed the media in this country for this. Peddling the same lies and untruths through their many outlets.  If you stick your head up well you seen what happened to Jim Spencer. Michael Stewart just slapped on the wrist and now toeing the line. This will happen again and again because this Country is feart of them