New strip

18 minutes ago, Danish Buddie said:

We had occasion to use them in the past couple of years, and they were brilliant throughout the process that it took to get compensation.

They've got several offices throughout Scotland. 

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I know someone who made an accident at work claim with them 2 years ago , the company admitted full responsibility , yet he hasn't heard any more from Digby Brown. He's tried to contact them but just gets fobbed off. 

That's why they're sponsoring us. SMFC fob people off all the time.

So the questions are: 

- How much are Digby Brown paying? 
- How much were SkyView supposed to be paying? 
- Do the club have an estimate in terms of the value of our shirt sponsorship and how does that compare to similar size SPL clubs? 

4 hours ago, billyg said:

I know someone who made an accident at work claim with them 2 years ago , the company admitted full responsibility , yet he hasn't heard any more from Digby Brown. He's tried to contact them but just gets fobbed off. 

Complete opposite, with me, communication been excellent and things bubbling along nicely.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Complete opposite, with me, communication been excellent and things bubbling along nicely.

I spoke to him tonight , he has heard from them this week and expects a settlement soon. BTW it's over 3 years since he made the claim !

Just now, billyg said:

I spoke to him tonight , he has heard from them this week and expects a settlement soon. BTW it's over 3 years since he made the claim !

There's something not adding up with that then, IF the company admitted liability then either the solicitor who was taking the case has blundered big time but more importantly the guy who had the accident could easily have taken this higher and had some explanation why, if there was a reason, things had taken so long. 

The "average" time span is 6-9 months.

I certainly wouldn't have allowed things to drag on that long in an open and shut case. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, billyg said:

Sounds like a file has been lost and not acted on.  as long as the claim has been notified to the employer within 2 years then he still has a case, but some newly qualified solicitor in the DB boiler room has probably left without handing the file over.

He should contact the law society in Scotland to ask for advice on how to proceed with DB.

By the way, the other party admitted full responsibility for my cycling accident and it still took 30 months to get to a payout-maybe the extent of the harm and loss suffered is at issue

Edited by beyond our ken

19 hours ago, billyg said:

40 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Sounds like a file has been lost and not acted on.  as long as the claim has been notified to the employer within 2 years then he still has a case, but some newly qualified solicitor in the DB boiler room has probably left without handing the file over.

He should contact the law society in Scotland to ask for advice on how to proceed with DB.

By the way, the other party admitted full responsibility for my cycling accident and it still took 30 months to get to a payout-maybe the extent of the harm and loss suffered is at issue

See above. 

This was also an accident at work claim, quite different from a private case against someone who had the accident with you and your bike. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Hopefully home top has full stripes on back and not plain back or box,if it has its a cracker

I think at worst it could be a box of some size and not plain at back although really hope not as stripes all way makes it classy but the home picture seems to indicate a bit of black stripe on the back after the side seam just above the arm of Brophy