New strip

The old "e-Store" that I set-up for the club  was used to sell the hospitality and replica kit.

In addition to that we had "St.Mirren Direct" which was the outsourced club merchandise store.

You'll have noticed there was two tills in the shop, one for buying replica kit and the other for buying other club merchandise.

There were tax related reasons for that set-up, but it wasn't really ideal.

As part of the changes taking place and the move to Pitch-Pro Retail everything will be under one roof both in terms of online and the physical club shop.

I'm not involved in the set-up of the new online stuff so not sure when it's going live or what domain it is going to use.

Needless to say being unable to buy a replica kit in the first week of August is an absolutely shite state of affairs. I get that it's perhaps related to the Skyview debacle but it feels like there is always some issue or another with the strips every year.

If it was up to me (and I guess it is now partly up to all of us SMiSA members) the new kits for the next season would be launched at the end of the previous campaign.  Get the strips on sale before the summer holidays, it's not rocket science.

Maximise the sales by bringing the away kit out later, maybe launched at a family open day at the stadium as part of our pre-season preparation, get the stands open, let the kids meet the players, get some entertainment in, make a day of it.

In short, make it easy for supporters to spend money, and they will. Make it difficult and they'll find something else to spend their hard earned on.

^^^

Like many, my kids were looking forward to getting the new strips as school broke up 2 weeks ago here.

Tried multiple times to call stadium shop , couldn’t leave message as inbox full, emailed 3 times 4 weeks ago no reply yet ..

To some I understand not an issue, but to others it matters and helps build up to new season

Saturday is game 6 of the season 4LC 2 League

My boys yesterday went to Leeds United shop and bought full kits.

We won’t be purchasing the Saints strip this season due to lateness/ poor communication and hoping the sticking of a new sponsor over old sponsor doesn’t fall off.

Always excuses,rarely solutions at St Mirren

Scott-Leeds, that's a shame, though I understand your reasons. I'm waiting to get myself a shirt, but I won't hold my breath!

In fairness to the club we should acknowledge that:

- we've just changed owners

- there's a global pandemic

- the shirt sponsor pulled out at the last minute

- the club shop's just been taken over

I agree that part of it is down to mismanagement, but I think it'd be unfair to not acknowledge the above factors. 

1 hour ago, div said:

The old "e-Store" that I set-up for the club  was used to sell the hospitality and replica kit.

In addition to that we had "St.Mirren Direct" which was the outsourced club merchandise store.

You'll have noticed there was two tills in the shop, one for buying replica kit and the other for buying other club merchandise.

There were tax related reasons for that set-up, but it wasn't really ideal.

As part of the changes taking place and the move to Pitch-Pro Retail everything will be under one roof both in terms of online and the physical club shop.

I'm not involved in the set-up of the new online stuff so not sure when it's going live or what domain it is going to use.

Needless to say being unable to buy a replica kit in the first week of August is an absolutely shite state of affairs. I get that it's perhaps related to the Skyview debacle but it feels like there is always some issue or another with the strips every year.

If it was up to me (and I guess it is now partly up to all of us SMiSA members) the new kits for the next season would be launched at the end of the previous campaign.  Get the strips on sale before the summer holidays, it's not rocket science.

Maximise the sales by bringing the away kit out later, maybe launched at a family open day at the stadium as part of our pre-season preparation, get the stands open, let the kids meet the players, get some entertainment in, make a day of it.

In short, make it easy for supporters to spend money, and they will. Make it difficult and they'll find something else to spend their hard earned on.

That's a key point, an annual event yet some always deflect it away from the club.

I mentioned previously every pre season is an important time but this season was even more so after the last 16 months as many will be wondering if it's worth the bother after getting out of the habit. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's a key point, an annual event yet some always deflect it away from the club.

I mentioned previously every pre season is an important time but this season was even more so after the last 16 months as many will be wondering if it's worth the bother after getting out of the habit. 

But SMISA have now bought 51% of shares. Hopefully this won't be a problem next season, as @div says.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hopefully? 

I'd be expecting more than hope. 

Ach, this is a new venture. One can only hope until there's evidence of the new owners being efficient.

I'm a member of SMISA, btw, so does that make me an owner! 😎

At today's game when waiting for people to come into the ground and the game to start, I saw a man and a teenager walking behind the goals. The boy had on the new strip(new ironed on sponsor) and wondered to myself, where the f**k did he get that from if not on sale yet? My 7 year old son in the toilet at half time was asking if he could get the new strips today. I had to tell him f**k know how that boy had it. Just seemed weird to see it on someone that wasn't a player as we were told it will be like mid august to go on sale.

39 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I had a look at our website to check the cost of potentially sponsoring a player shirt... 

Good to see yet another failing of our commercial operation failing. Player list completely out of date and lots of empty slots  🙄

https://dev.stmirren.com/commercial/matchday-events/sponsor-a-player

https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/matchday-events/sponsor-a-player

dont know what version of the website you’re using there

Should be selling them at reduced prices given the length of time it's taken to get things going.

Could use the money saved to place a bet on how quickly the new sponsor logo ironed over old sponsor falls off !

We spent over £300 at the Leeds United shop the other week kits look great and the season hasn’t started yet

Worrying thought [emoji3]

Interesting though that on kids kits it’s different sponsor and you can buy strips without sponsor on.

Getting strips 7 games in to a season however from Saints ?

Your last point is fair - we are near end of August now and up here the good weather is almost gone, if I bought my son a strip he’s not really going to be able to show it off.

Now if the strips were available say 6 weeks ago he would have got all the summer holidays out of it.

Appreciate (whilst I don’t know the detail) that Skyview ‘moved the goalposts’ - no pun intended, which has had a fairly big impact, are/were Skyview in breach of an existing contract or was the contract up for renewal and we got caught out (commercially)? Where I am going with this is - if it’s the former - could we go after Skyview legally for breach of contract and collateral damage (the strip sales)?

Probably not going to get him his strip now which is a shame because the home one is a cracker.

34 minutes ago, shull said:

New Strips should be released for sale every Spring..

I get where your coming from clubs and kit makers wont/cant do that incase a club is changing manufacturer. However i reckon they should be on sale as soon as the season is finished to maximise revenue streams for the “good weather” and holidays.